Metal Storm logo
2006 (Great) Year (For) Death Metal

Original post

Posted by Herzebeth, 15.10.2006 - 07:48
I was reading a pyroleprechaun post in a Deicide thread where he said "This is the year of Death MEtal" and I thought..fuck he's right indeed. So I opened this topic for discussion, which ones are the releases of this year that you love...the ones that you hate...you don't think this is the year of Death? do you think black Metal released better stuff this year? etc... this is a topic to talk about the Extreme (not only Death) goodies of 2006 so let's have some bleeding going on...
21.10.2006 - 02:23
Winter Death
Account deleted
New Deicide > New Suffocation.
21.10.2006 - 12:24
kackbratze

Guys, the year is not yet over!! Has anyone listened to the new Belphegor album "Pestapokalypse VI" yet? I think it's really good. As you know they combine Black with Death metal and they do it really well. Contrary to their blasting last albums there are many slow and crushing songs this time. Overall the sound is more rough again, like in their Black Metal days and altogether I think they sound more serious than before.

Check it out!
22.10.2006 - 02:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
plus new Malevolent Creation and Arsis. Actually, I think Arsis might have a good chance in making the best death metal album of the year. I'll find out soon...
22.10.2006 - 12:03
Winter Death
Account deleted
I am kind of pissed off. I went to my local independent record store and tried and failed to locate the new Hate Eternal DVD. I need to get a copy of this mother fucker or I may end my life. This concert will only make the year all the more death metalish. Oh man I need to refrain from posting after drinking...
23.10.2006 - 09:52
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Guest on 21.10.2006 at 02:23

I somehow agree with you.

New Deicide is the best by them afterall
23.10.2006 - 19:01
Richard

Written by kackbratze on 21.10.2006 at 12:24

Guys, the year is not yet over!! Has anyone listened to the new Belphegor album "Pestapokalypse VI" yet? I think it's really good. As you know they combine Black with Death metal and they do it really well. Contrary to their blasting last albums there are many slow and crushing songs this time. Overall the sound is more rough again, like in their Black Metal days and altogether I think they sound more serious than before.

Check it out!

Hmm, well that sounds intriguing. I was never much into their more traditional Black Metal period with Sventivith and Grom (obviously I love Black Metal but Behemoth never stood out to me) but Zos Kia Cultus was much better - they seemed more suited to the Death Metal approach, with a definite nod to Morbid Angel. But then I found Demigod a bit disappointing.. If the new one has more variety and a rougher sound, then that's quite promising.
----
23.10.2006 - 20:24
kackbratze

Written by Richard on 23.10.2006 at 19:01

Hmm, well that sounds intriguing. I was never much into their more traditional Black Metal period with Sventivith and Grom (obviously I love Black Metal but Behemoth never stood out to me) but Zos Kia Cultus was much better - they seemed more suited to the Death Metal approach, with a definite nod to Morbid Angel. But then I found Demigod a bit disappointing.. If the new one has more variety and a rougher sound, then that's quite promising.

I think you confused something: I am talking about Belphegor and not Behemoth. Belphegor just got their new album out and Behemoth will release their Demigod follow-up sometime next year (I think). I like both bands very much and they have a similar developement because both merged Black with Death Metal. If you like Behemoth you can also very well check out Belphegor, if you haven't already.

Cheers!
23.10.2006 - 20:28
ASiema113

New Vader cd Impressions in Blood is as brutal as ever, these guys out started in 86' and still are kicking ass.
For Black metal Armada by Keep Of Kalessin is pure evil entwinded with unrelenting speed that keeps going until the end a must have for BM fans.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
24.10.2006 - 18:39
Herzebeth

Written by Hembrom on 23.10.2006 at 09:52

Well that's a hell of a logic...you got me thinking man...I mean, you're right. Suffocation is a fucking GREAT album, brutal and solid and shit..but NOT their best to date...on the contrary, Deicide's new album is Brutal, solid, etc. and their best to date actually...

I guess we can actually say that Deicide's album was better than suffo with those logics...
----
24.10.2006 - 20:12
Richard

Written by kackbratze on 23.10.2006 at 20:24

Written by Richard on 23.10.2006 at 19:01

I think you confused something: I am talking about Belphegor and not Behemoth. Belphegor just got their new album out and Behemoth will release their Demigod follow-up sometime next year (I think). I like both bands very much and they have a similar developement because both merged Black with Death Metal. If you like Behemoth you can also very well check out Belphegor, if you haven't already.

Cheers!

Argh! Oops, my mistake! Well, the two names are kind of similar...

I've only heard bits from Belphegor, not a whole album, but what I've heard does indeed sound similar to Behemoth anyway in certain respects. Maybe I'll check Belphegor out further.
----
25.10.2006 - 04:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm, I don't think anyone has mentioned Assasination by Krisiun yet. This album is among my favorite albums so far this year...right up there with Benighted, Suffocation, and Decide. I've explained numerous times in this forum already as to why it's one of the most boner time cd's this year, so I don't want to again lol. That cd is more brutal than a monkey in heat on an elephant's leg.
25.10.2006 - 18:02
Herzebeth

uuuuh Krisiun album sucked big time in my head...that's why I didn't mention it, it was a painful experience dude, actually I did quit years ago with Krisiun, but as this year everyone released a good album I though..."why not"...but I was wrong man..fuck it sucked...It's suckier than eating chinese poo filled with seeds...

What about Afterburner..that album rocks the hell out dudes..I love this Sinister without the chick trying to growl...they are back better than ever and that's fucking great
----
26.10.2006 - 01:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
What didn't you like about AssassiNation? Dude...you gotta listen to it again. It is way better than their last two or three albums. It's fast as hell, the recording is great, and their songwriting ability improved drastically. I like how the double bass pulsates at times when the guitar is still going strong, and I also like it when they do the opposite- pulsating guitars while the blast beats are still going. It seems like it's strong in every aspect and I can't really think of any ways that it could be better.
29.10.2006 - 19:01
decapitator

i completely agree, i think the new Deicide is a great CD. the riffs and solos are amazing.
i really like 'Walk with the Devil in dreams you Behold' and 'Crucified for the Innocence'
30.10.2006 - 13:46
Gormur
Account deleted
the new cd with Deicide is great. The riffs and solos are cool and the voice too.
31.10.2006 - 02:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
...and Steve Asheim pounds the shit out of his drums.
01.11.2006 - 00:28
Zyrak
Account deleted
I didn't saw anyone mentioning Leading Vision from Gorod, very good release, technical death metal.
02.11.2006 - 18:07
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Herzebeth on 24.10.2006 at 18:39

Written by Hembrom on 23.10.2006 at 09:52

Well that's a hell of a logic...you got me thinking man...I mean, you're right. Suffocation is a fucking GREAT album, brutal and solid and shit..but NOT their best to date...on the contrary, Deicide's new album is Brutal, solid, etc. and their best to date actually...

I guess we can actually say that Deicide's album was better than suffo with those logics...

hehe , lol ..... who cares about this vs that

enjoying Suffocation these days !!
03.11.2006 - 03:15
soilwork
Account deleted
What about "Misery Index", "Abysmal Dawn" and "Azarath". Great death metal that haven't been metioned yet.
03.11.2006 - 10:52
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
^^ Oh , i donno these bands , poor me

Just look at the band's , they all have killer release this year ....

Deicide [ THIS is ownage ]
Vader
Suffocation
Martyr [ Killer they are ]
Cannibal Corpse [ i really like the album ]
Krisiun [ sorry herzebeth , but i just love this band .... aint good as early krisiun stuff but still .. oh its just me .. Krisiun till death ]
Psycroptic
Benighted
Gory Blister
and FuCK AMON AMARTH ( the new amon amarth album is best AA album by faaar ....kickass catchy riffs and brilliant vocals ... awesome comeback )

and the best thing , its not over yet \m/
03.11.2006 - 22:39
Abysmal
Account deleted
Written by Hembrom on 03.11.2006 at 10:52

Vader
Suffocation
Krisiun [ sorry herzebeth , but i just love this band .... aint good as early krisiun stuff but still .. oh its just me .. Krisiun till death ]
Psycroptic
Benighted
Gory Blister
and FuCK AMON AMARTH ( the new amon amarth album is best AA album by faaar ....kickass catchy riffs and brilliant vocals ... awesome comeback )

gotta say that list is on the mark...if not close to it, but I have to disagree with Amon Amarth. They're new album does kick ass, not gonna lie, but I don't know about it being the best
04.11.2006 - 05:02
soilwork
Account deleted

You should check them out. Misery index is the band from members of Dying fetus. Azarath is the band of inferno Behemoth drummer. and Abysmal Dawn is a new band with a lot o melody but still brutal.
04.11.2006 - 05:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
meh, I'm not too big on Misery Index. They're not bad, but I don't think I would ever buy one of their albums. They play kind of an accessible type of death metal that doesn't offer me anything new or anything brutal enough for my death metal tastes. I don't want to sound like I don't like them or anything though.
04.11.2006 - 07:32
Winter Death
Account deleted

Vader
Suffocation
Psycroptic
Benighted
Gory Blister

Don't forget "Organic Hallucinosis" from Decapitated. I thought it was a solid album.
10.11.2006 - 05:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The new Suffocation album has grown on me quite a bit. I guess I still think that the new Deicide album is better, but the new Suffocation album makes me want to hit people, while new Deicide makes me want to run around like a madman. If that makes any sense...
13.11.2006 - 02:46
Winter Death
Account deleted
^^^ Either way, the end result is good.
13.11.2006 - 03:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
haha yep

Well, from the top of my head it seems like the last significant death metal album of the year will be the new Malevolent Creation cd, Doomsday X. I was eagerly anticipating this album at first because Tony Laureano was supposed to do drums for them, but he backed out so now I'm just neutral towards it. I'll probably pick this album up though.
14.11.2006 - 16:01
ErabatukII

No mention of Death Breath! But yeah a killer year for death metal in general. Not much I can add after all these posts except we still have a month and a bit to go. Still chance for even more death goodness!
----
15.11.2006 - 08:35
Herzebeth

----
03.02.2007 - 04:43
theflyingmachine

Written by Dangerboner on 15.10.2006 at 08:14

My favorite death metal album this year is Identisick by Benighted. I've raved about this band in numerous threads and I'll do so again. The songs have structure, with choruses and verses, and their lyrics are about complex psychological syndromes. C'mon dudes...check them out! Please!!!

Listen to them here.
Not too bad at all...where do you find this band's albums?

btw...I'm buying a couple new CD's tomorrow, one of which is the new Sinister. I'm hoping to buy an album from a band that I haven't bought an album from yet (although I have downloaded a couple songs from eacy), and am choosing between three...Obituary, Autopsy, and early Broken Hope. Any thoughts?