Metal Storm logo
Mystical Melodic Metal

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.12.2011 - 20:19
Could anyone recommend some bands from the melodic metal genres that incorporate a somewhat mystical sound in their music? It's a little vague, but I'm not totally sure what I'm looking for anyway. Maybe incorporation of soundscape type elements? Thanks!!! I appreciate any replies!
19.12.2011 - 23:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.12.2011 at 23:07

Oops the two I mentioned don't belong in melodic metal forum at all. even though they aren't actually metal; but more like hard rock The Devil's Blood would fall intot his category

Heh, yeah when I sat for a moment and wondered about the word mystical.. I realised that all the names that I thought worked for the description of that word where actually extreme metal bands.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.12.2011 - 15:15
Aristarchos
I was thinking "Gates of Babylon" with Rainbow
22.12.2011 - 23:29
fightwithsteel
Account deleted
Written by enumaelis on 19.12.2011 at 03:46

Maybe this?

Shamanic Dream is pretty cool (one thing...is that the name of the band or the name of the song?)! I was thinking stuff like that except with clean vocals maybe. Thanks!
23.12.2011 - 14:20
enumaelis
Shamanic Dream is the name of the song, the band/album is Betray My Secrets/Betray My Secrets from 1999. It's a pity that it was the only CD of the band, but it's great.
Later the guy made a similar project called SpiRitual, but again, just released one EP called Pulse in 2005 and disappeared
Uhm difficult to find something like that but with clean vocals... give me some time to think, but I cant find any in my mind right now
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
26.12.2011 - 23:03
enumaelis
Written by Guest on 22.12.2011 at 23:29

Shamanic Dream is pretty cool (one thing...is that the name of the band or the name of the song?)! I was thinking stuff like that except with clean vocals maybe. Thanks!

I have recalled finally something that you definitely might check:
First attempt:
Name: Bak
Album: Sculpture
Year: 2011

Second attempt (more focused on prog-rock)
Name: Soul Enema
Album: Thin Ice Crawling
Year: 2010
----
19.02.2012 - 11:21
wrathchild
staff
Written by enumaelis on 26.12.2011 at 23:03

Interesting stuff, I had never heard of these bands. I enjoyed SpiRitual a lot back then, too bad the project seems to have been abandoned. I think Stefan Hertrich is still commited to Shiva in Exile but this other project is not metal.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
20.02.2012 - 01:23
enumaelis
Written by wrathchild on 19.02.2012 at 11:21

Written by enumaelis on 26.12.2011 at 23:03

Interesting stuff, I had never heard of these bands. I enjoyed SpiRitual a lot back then, too bad the project seems to have been abandoned. I think Stefan Hertrich is still commited to Shiva in Exile but this other project is not metal.

Yeh it is a pity that Stefan left first Betray my Secrets and then SpiRitual... I also think both projects had a lot of quality :/
I think I found by chance these 2 bands, specially Bak, which album is really great and one of my biggest surprises this 2011. But even when I tried to search more info about the band, it was quite difficult to see who's involved and so on... they have a myspace but not too much written there :S
----