Metal Storm logo
Lacuna Coil - New Song Streaming Online

Italian gothic metallers Lacuna Coil are streaming the new song "Kill The Light" from the band's upcoming album Dark Adrenaline, which is scheduled for release through Century Media Records on January 24th, 2012. You can listen to the song at this location or below.

Source: lacunacoil.it
Band profile: Lacuna Coil
Posted: 18.12.2011 by AndMetalForAll

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 98 users
18.12.2011 - 12:13
rogall
Account deleted
Nice song, can't wait for the whole album
18.12.2011 - 12:22
Absak
Cristina's voice is abysmal on this song! What the hell happened??
18.12.2011 - 12:38
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I like this one more than Trip The Darkness, but still.... I'm not very enthusiastic on Dark Adrenaline. Will check it out for sure, but I'm not dying with anticipation.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
18.12.2011 - 13:47
Kenos
Account deleted
Stop making music, get out of my country and find a job in Alaska, for Christ's sake.
18.12.2011 - 17:58
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Guest on 18.12.2011 at 13:47

Stop making music, get out of my country and find a job in Alaska, for Christ's sake.

Lol, why so much hate? xD

Yeah, a little better than the single... but it was obvious that they were just going downhill.
I hoping for a good song or two on the album at least
18.12.2011 - 19:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 18.12.2011 at 13:47

I wish I were Italian so I could have said the same thing.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.12.2011 - 00:06
Slayer666
Even though Cristina is hitting 40 quite soon, she's as fuckable as ever.
Oh, the song? Eh...
19.12.2011 - 12:04
What happened to Lacuna Coil?
This sounds like a rejected Evanescence song.
Hard to believe this is the same band that made Karmacode and Comalies.
----
Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead
21.12.2011 - 19:59
BudDa
Elite
Written by Aluminum Alloy on 19.12.2011 at 12:04

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Seriously, even Amy Lee spits at this stuff. Ok, mayb not really..
This song is abit better than "Trip the darkness" but it has the same flaws as the former. I really don't know why they use the keyboards like that, giving these songs a somewhat disco-dance feel. Lacuna Coil, u need to STOP DOING THAT! Didn't Black Box beat that horse to death?
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
15.01.2012 - 15:07
SymphAlchemist
Written by BudDa on 21.12.2011 at 19:59

Written by Aluminum Alloy on 19.12.2011 at 12:04

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Seriously, even Amy Lee spits at this stuff. Ok, mayb not really..
This song is abit better than "Trip the darkness" but it has the same flaws as the former. I really don't know why they use the keyboards like that, giving these songs a somewhat disco-dance feel. Lacuna Coil, u need to STOP DOING THAT! Didn't Black Box beat that horse to death?

It seems like some (or many) people still resist on accepting the new Lacuna Coil's style.. Haven't you listened to Shallow Life yet?? They CHANGED.They didn't feel like playing the same Gothic Metal thing for the rest of their lives. You can't judge the songs by their style.

And I also see you can't accept that some songs are danceable. Know that it was done on purpose.

I feel this album's got some New Metal feeling... I'm not saying I preffer this...I also think that Karmacode and Comalies are the best albums but I loved Dark Adrenaline though.

As for KILL THE LIGHTS it is a great song with a vicious chorus. When you compare it to Evanescence you make the same mistake as everyone which is judging a song by it's complexity. If it is easy to play, to sing, to listen to and it's predictable, it's crap. It doesn't work like this.
15.01.2012 - 16:37
BudDa
Elite
Written by SymphAlchemist on 15.01.2012 at 15:07

It seems like some (or many) people still resist on accepting the new Lacuna Coil's style.. Haven't you listened to Shallow Life yet?? They CHANGED.They didn't feel like playing the same Gothic Metal thing for the rest of their lives. You can't judge the songs by their style.

And I also see you can't accept that some songs are danceable. Know that it was done on purpose.

I feel this album's got some New Metal feeling... I'm not saying I preffer this...I also think that Karmacode and Comalies are the best albums but I loved Dark Adrenaline though.

As for KILL THE LIGHTS it is a great song with a vicious chorus. When you compare it to Evanescence you make the same mistake as everyone which is judging a song by it's complexity. If it is easy to play, to sing, to listen to and it's predictable, it's crap. It doesn't work like this.

I didn't judge the song by complexity. And I certainly didn't think that just coz its "easy to play, to sing, to listen to and its predicatable..its crap". I did love Autumn's Cold Comfort which is a simple, mellow, "watered-down", in the metal sense - album. My problem, is, like I mentioned before, the disco-dance tune(you called it "new metal" feeling? comeon); Why? coz it makes the songs bland, bite-less and devoid of alot of feelings that Gothic metal is supposed to channel. And the fact that, its becoming a trend that alot of symphonic metal bands have adapted recently. I mean, look no further than Within Temptation's The Unforgiving and Nemesea's The Quiet Resistance. I love Black Box. I do like disco-dance tunes. Just not in metal
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
15.01.2012 - 21:31
SymphAlchemist
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't judge the song by complexity. And I certainly didn't think that just coz its "easy to play, to sing, to listen to and its predicatable..its crap". I did love Autumn's Cold Comfort which is a simple, mellow, "watered-down", in the metal sense - album. My problem, is, like I mentioned before, the disco-dance tune(you called it "new metal" feeling? comeon); Why? coz it makes the songs bland, bite-less and devoid of alot of feelings that Gothic metal is supposed to channel. And the fact that, its becoming a trend that alot of symphonic metal bands have adapted recently. I mean, look no further than Within Temptation's The Unforgiving and Nemesea's The Quiet Resistance. I love Black Box. I do like disco-dance tunes. Just not in metal

heh sorry, I didn't say this "disco-dance tunes" were the new metal sounding...I mixed up the issues... I was just saying that some songs like Give Me Something More sound like new metal a little..

I got your point. This dance thing is indeed kind of becoming a trend in metal... not only disco but there are coming out new bands with synthetic sounding like Delain, Amaranthe, UnSun, etc...

and this Nemesea's Quiet Resistance I found very exeggerated..

Hits total: 3017 | This month: 6