Metal Storm logo
Biggest metal band(s) in your country?

Original post

Posted by Aristarchos, 20.12.2011 - 22:44
I'm interested to hear what are the biggest metal bands in different country. Since Iron Maiden and Metallica are big everywhere, you don't need to mention them. I'm neither that interested in all alternative metal bands. In Sweden, where I come from, the biggest are In Flames, Hammerfall (both have scored no 1 on swedish album chart), Nightwish and Sabaton (scored no 2). There are a lot of bands who have scored top 5 in Sweden.
04.03.2012 - 06:21
Semogj
In Portugal I belive it is Moonspell and Bizarra Locomotiva.

We also have Bruce Dickinson (at least his voice ) but this band do not have the popularity that it should:
04.03.2012 - 14:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Semogj on 04.03.2012 at 06:21

and Bizarra Locomotiva.

biggest Portuguese band with Moonspell? Never even heard of it (not that would be definitive as to how big the band is) but the band isn't even featured on Metal-Archives.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.03.2012 - 16:38
arwestromen

We also have Bruce Dickinson (at least his voice ) but this band do not have the popularity that it should:

Dude!!! that sounds so much like bruce it's scary
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
04.03.2012 - 17:42
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
In brazil, Sepultura rules, Angra also is a monster, but still Sepultura is bigger.

But I will not post videos, everyone knows these bands
08.03.2012 - 21:09
Semogj
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.03.2012 at 14:49

and Bizarra Locomotiva.

biggest Portuguese band with Moonspell? Never even heard of it (not that would be definitive as to how big the band is) but the band isn't even featured on Metal-Archives.

Inside Portugal, yes. They are not popular outside in part because most of the songs are in portuguese.
Similar case is our greatest rock band Xutos e Pontapés, popular in Portugal and known in Brazil.

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/groupe-groupe-Bizarra_Locomotiva-l-en.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarra_Locomotiva
17.03.2012 - 20:11
Pazu
Probably Blind Guardian and Kreator. Oh, and Rammstein probably. I'm not into the latter two though. Rammstein is ok I guess, but I just haven't heard anything of Kreator yet.
24.03.2012 - 14:40
togo95
In Slovakia these are my favourites (though may not be strictly the most popular)

28.03.2012 - 23:23
-mati-
Tough question. I'd say Metsatöll (most selling and most famous probably) and Loits. A little less known, but with very promising future IMO is Ceremonial Perfection...
31.03.2012 - 13:02
In Greece, we have Firewind, Rotting Christ and Septicflesh.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter