Metal Storm logo
Iced Earth - New Guitarist Found

Iced Earth founder/guitarist Jon Schaffer has issued the following update on his search for a new guitarist:

"Greetings,

The new Iced Earth guitar player is an absolutely fantastic player from the UK named Tim Mills. Tim is the owner/founder/visionary of Bare Knuckle Pickups, which is an incredible company providing state of the art handwound pickups from England, which is how I met him. I highly recommend any and all serious players to check out his website and try a few of his p/ups, they absolutely rule.

As for his playing, it's awesome, very melodic, very tasty and he has great original ideas and songwriting abilities as well. He's here now and we're really inspiring each other and coming up with some great parts together. It's been a very long time since I've felt this kind of chemistry and I'm very psyched about it. It's an ingredient that's been missing for a very long time, so it should bring some very cool results.

It's a good thing I always call Tim Owens 'T'; that will help with the two guys in the band named Tim factor........ ;-)

There's more good news coming soon!

Jon Schaffer"

The search for a new guitarist began last month when Iced Earth axe Ernie Carletti was arrested on charges of rape.

As reported a few days ago (here), old drummer Brent Smedley, (drummer for Iced Earth in the later 90's) has rejoined the band.

Iced Earth current line up goes as follows:
Jon Schaffer - Guitars
Tim 'Ripper' Owens - Vocals
Tim Mills - Guitars
Brent Smedley - Drums

Source: icedearth.com
Band profile: Iced Earth
Posted: 15.10.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 8 users
15.10.2006 - 18:58
RavenLord

Another day, another change to IE's line-up....It'll be amusing to see how long this personnel addition lasts...¬_¬
----
15.10.2006 - 20:13
vladimir nullus
Account deleted
I hope he will stay.
I wonder what the problem is why IE always has a lot of line-up changes
15.10.2006 - 20:38
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
So whos on bass? Still noone?
Its fucking awesome news to see Smedley back there though.
IE may have had alot of changes to the band, but not in a bad way really, i mean, for me, every album is amazing, its Jon that really matters.
15.10.2006 - 21:14
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Dark Cornatus on 15.10.2006 at 20:38

So whos on bass? Still noone?
[...]

Yep, still noone on bass...
----
Your favorite band sucks.
16.10.2006 - 16:25
GT
Coffee!!
Hmm...finally an almost complete line-up. Hope it works out
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
12.06.2007 - 03:37
Nazeef

Fine, just work out for a better release, come on!! remind me of the Horror shows!!!
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
15.11.2008 - 04:16
Metalbound7

I don't give a fuck as long as Schaffer and Barlow are in the band!!! they both are Gods among men

Hits total: 2047 | This month: 5