Metal Storm logo
Metal songs about being capital punished

22.12.2011 - 16:25
FOOCK Nam
Hallowed Be Thy Name is such an incredible great song. I dont know any other songs that about being capital punished... share your suggestion, : )
22.12.2011 - 20:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Capital punishment?

I honestly can't think of one. If I came across one (or more) at some point I honestly didn't pay attention to the lyrics.

Especially if it's a band singing a foreign language. I don't know if bands like Lifelover, Shining, Rammstein, etc. sing about capital punishment at any point in their songs.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.12.2011 - 20:29
Edmund Fogg
The only two that comes to mind would be Ride the lightning - Metallica and Headcrusher - Megadeth. I don't usually pay attention to such lycal theme thought.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
22.12.2011 - 20:34
vezzy
Stallmanite
More interesting would be metal songs about abolishing capital punishment. Wonder what kind of freedom-hating liberal wingnut would come up with that.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
22.12.2011 - 20:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by vezzy on 22.12.2011 at 20:34
More interesting would be metal songs about abolishing capital punishment. Wonder what kind of freedom-hating liberal wingnut would come up with that.

I'm assuming one or two thrash bands have written about that. They always seem to be babbling about political shit.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.12.2011 - 21:10
Slayer666
I wonder what kind of thread will pop up next.

"Metal songs about wearing two different types of socks" seems like a safe bet.
22.12.2011 - 21:19
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Slayer666 on 22.12.2011 at 21:10
"Metal songs about wearing two different types of socks" seems like a safe bet.

I'd actually start that, but I just remembered that this forum has rules and stuff, so yeah.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
22.12.2011 - 23:25
Darkfiber
White Cluster by Opeth was oddly the first that popped into my head...not necessarily a song about conventional capital punishment but lyrically I think it still qualifies.
23.12.2011 - 01:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Accept - Death Row
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.12.2011 - 01:40
IronAngel
I bet there are plenty of songs about being hanged. There's one on that shitty MDB album, For Lies I Sire. It has two good songs, My Body, A Funeral and Santuario Di Sangue. It's neither of them, so it has to be one of the rest. At least I think so. I'm sure there was a song about a boy who was waiting for his turn at the gallows for whatever reason.
23.12.2011 - 02:41
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Candelmass - at the gallows end is the track about waiting to be hung the next morning.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.12.2011 - 07:00
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by BitterCOld on 23.12.2011 at 02:41

Candelmass - at the gallows end is the track about waiting to be hung the next morning.

I was gonna say that. You beat me to it.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
23.12.2011 - 13:36
Edmund Fogg
Haw could I forget Hangman's Hymn by Sigh? The whole album is about a man wating to be hang.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
23.12.2011 - 16:40
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Warbringer - "Shattered Like Glass" talks about it I think
24.12.2011 - 02:21
Lit.
Account deleted
Would Davidian by MAchine Head count? It is about the Waco Siege and people killed by the police.
24.12.2011 - 23:32
Fredd
Account deleted
Candlemass - at the gallows end, for sure
25.12.2011 - 01:20
whatsacow
Ride the Lightening? Metallica is the only one I know that talks about it. Maybe others do and I just don't pay attention.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
25.12.2011 - 01:32
Void Eater
Account deleted
Kreator's Under The Guillotine, although it doesn't really discuss the morality of capital punishment or the thoughts of those whoa re to be killed; it's just about how awesome Guillotines are.
25.12.2011 - 01:38
IronAngel
Written by BitterCOld on 23.12.2011 at 02:41

Oh yeah, that too. But it's not the track I had in mind. Maybe I'm confusing several songs, but I'm sure the one I think is about hanging is on one of the latest MDB albums. Might not be about hanging at all, though. I'll try to look it up tomorrow.
25.12.2011 - 10:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Here's some:

Cancer - Hung, Drawn And Quartered
Entombed - Public Burning
Grave Digger - Ballad Of A Hangman
Judas Priest - Death Row, Decapitate
Sodom - Electrocution
26.12.2011 - 07:21
Grody2themax
Municipal Waste - Mental Shock. I'm surprised this hasn't already been mentioned. Just look at the lyrics, and its pretty obvious what its about
29.12.2011 - 23:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hmm I can't seem to think of any at this moment apart from Grave Digger - Killing Time (needs to be interpreted in a certain way though).

I'm pretty sure there's a 80s-early 90s era Megadeth song i'm missing here, just not sure which one exactly (maybe Holy Wars?)
07.01.2012 - 07:15
lordchadi
Sepultura " manifest " about police killing people