As always

Hadn't heard of them (now like)
Hadn't heard of them (don't like)
I like them
I dislike them

Total votes: 3
16.10.2006 - 11:20
Vunts

Okay, i used a slightly shortened style of poll making this time to get a clearer view. The first two poll question are missing the words "before this thread". Okay, enough of the chit chat, i guess i should say why i decided to make the thread.

This morning i went to a newly opened shop near my home and checked out the magazine section. Terrorizer wasn't being sold in one place i used to buy it from anymore, so i was happy to find it in the new place. And i was even happier when i saw that this month it was a double CD edition. I only saw what the first CD was, but i didn't care that much, however when i got home and noticed the second CD, i was totally amazed. It was another "unsigned bands" CD. So that made two Unsigned Bands CD's from Terrorizer that i have.

I listened to most of the songs briefly, only leaving more interesting songs to carry straight on for a few minutes. For Ruin - Dread, was the only song i played entirely through and listened even after my ripping and title naming was complete (everything was track 1 etc in the beginning). The song had a great melody in the beginning. Not very agressive, but not whiney either. Just carrying on as a fast paced song with a few mid-paced parts. The vocals were enjoyable, but not groundbreaking. The drumming fit in with the song nicely, leaving the song in harmony. This particular song seemed to be more in the melodic black style, not to be mistaken by Dimmu or Old Man's Child or CoF or anything similar to them.

The band itself originates from Ireland and has been around since 2003. More can be read from their homepage in the Bio section http://www.forruin.com/bio.htm
All of their song samples can be downloaded from their downloads page http://www.forruin.com/downloads.htm Which also contains a few covers like Katatonia - Brave and Amorphis - Black Winter Day
IMO Black Winter Day was executed better than Brave.

I hope that this band will gain a little more popularity as i think they deserve it. Post here if you wish to comment on their work.
Thank you!
17.10.2006 - 07:17
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Well i havnt heard of them, so seeing as you kindly gave us their website for song sample downloads I'll check them out and post back when i've downloaded them all.

EDIT: Pretty good, not bad or amazing or anything.. just a good from me. The covers were pretty good too, very well done. I would like to say more, but nothing is coming to mind to comment on at this time. Maybe when ive listened to them more i'll have something more constructive.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
15.01.2007 - 08:57
drum fiend
Account deleted
havent heard of them but i will check them out.