Metal Storm logo
Ministry - Sign With AFM Records, Unveil New Album Cover Art

US industrial metal veterans Ministry have signed a worldwide deal with AFM Records. The band will release their highly-anticipated comeback album Relapse on March 3rd, 2012. Prior to the album, Ministry have released a digital single, entitled "99%" on December 23rd, 2011, now available on iTunes. Currently, Al Jourgensen is finalizing the last mixes on the new material. In the meantime, the band revealed the new album cover art, which can be seen below.

Al Jourgensen commented: "Our 13th Planet Record releases have been distributed in Europe via AFM through our partner Soulfood Music in Germany for several years now, and we have established a solid business relationship, so it made perfect sense to take the next step and have AFM Records come on board and be involved with the new Ministry release for worldwide and digital distribution. I'm pretty psyched about the collaboration, based on the response and enthusiasm I've received from AFM so far..."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ministry
Posted: 26.12.2011 by kual21

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 103 users
26.12.2011 - 21:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Hmmmmmmmmmm... Don't know what to think about this. I didn't mind that much that Minsitry ended their career on a quite high note. Don't see the point in going on. it would be great if this album proves me wrong.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.12.2011 - 22:26
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.12.2011 at 21:48

Hmmmmmmmmmm... Don't know what to think about this. I didn't mind that much that Minsitry ended their career on a quite high note. Don't see the point in going on. it would be great if this album proves me wrong.

same here. indeed it would be great but I'm not expecting much... Though I want to be proven wrong
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
26.12.2011 - 23:18
Opethian

Ummmm ... ok, i thought you called it quits, but whatever
27.12.2011 - 00:36
Lit.
Account deleted
Just listened to a bit of 99%. It's above average, if just barely.
27.12.2011 - 02:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Highly anticipated by who? There are bands that didn't split up who had bigger gaps between releases than this Ministry "comeback"

Another band using a break up for money making purposes mayhaps? I seriously doubt the 3 or so years will be enough to energise them into something worthwhile.
27.12.2011 - 02:46
Edmund Fogg

So Adios Puta Madre will be followed by Need to Pay Rent Puta Madre? Wait and see I guess.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
27.12.2011 - 05:35
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Eminem had an album called Relapse come out as a "comeback" album and it was awful. I'm not really a Ministry fan, but I hope it's better than the other Relapse.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.12.2011 - 05:59
psykometal
A staff guy...
Actually Al was having some serious medical issues and thought he was on death's door so he ended the band. Now though he has fully healed/recovered and honestly didn't even want to revive Ministry initially but him and Mike Scaccia were producing an album for another band and got bored one day and start writing some stuff, just fukn around in the studio, and Mike thought it was really good stuff and convinced Al that they should revive Ministry with this new material and Al agreed after some convincing because he did miss the life.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

27.12.2011 - 08:00
afu

Here's hoping they bury Tommy Victor in the mix.
27.12.2011 - 08:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Needed more cash for H i guess....
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.12.2011 - 10:50
BudDa

This is the best news this year!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 3075 | This month: 1