Metal Storm logo
Update the required votes of top albums by year

27.12.2011 - 18:59
Haurik

The idea is to update the required votes to avoid haters down votes influence in the real ranking. Also, is ridiculous that the best CD of the year can have only 20 votes. Maybe update it to 100. Other option in discard outliers.
27.12.2011 - 19:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Haurik on 27.12.2011 at 18:59

The idea is to update the required votes to avoid haters down votes influence in the real ranking. Also, is ridiculous that the best CD of the year can have only 20 votes. Maybe update it to 100. Other option in discard outliers.

why do peopple always whine about so-called haters when in fact the lovers are just as annoyning with their 9s and 10s for enitre discographies
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.12.2011 - 19:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I think this is ridiculous and only panders to people desperate to see their favourite album with lots of positive votes, as if that validates your own love of it.

It also makes it so only popular albums can become album of the year.
27.12.2011 - 19:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
This also comes from a guy who's dolled out a lot of 1's ratio wise.
27.12.2011 - 21:15
JD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.12.2011 at 19:18

why do peopple always whine about so-called haters when in fact the lovers are just as annoyning with their 9s and 10s for enitre discographies

+1
28.12.2011 - 01:57
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I find this thread amusing because based upon a voting pattern that is the reverse of the expected curve (bulge of votes in the 6-8 range, thinning with higher and lower scores), and is one i would look at in my "Duke Nukem/Sheriff of MS Votestown" as a possible abuser.

10 23 votes
9 19 votes
8 7 votes
7 1 vote
6 3 votes
5 2 votes
4 4 votes
3 1 vote
1 18 votes

bulges at the highest and lowest level, and little in between. that screams "Fanboi/Sandbagger".
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.12.2011 - 11:53
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by BitterCOld on 28.12.2011 at 01:57

bulges at the highest and lowest level, and little in between. that screams "Fanboi/Sandbagger".

True, but I know some people who prefer just to vote for fine albums and pretty low albums, and don't like to bother with the ones in between a lot. I voted for everything I could think of spending some time with that is on MS. Some just don't do that.
----
7.0 means the album is good
13.01.2012 - 19:18
Haurik

Written by Milena on 28.12.2011 at 11:53

Written by BitterCOld on 28.12.2011 at 01:57

True, but I know some people who prefer just to vote for fine albums and pretty low albums, and don't like to bother with the ones in between a lot. I voted for everything I could think of spending some time with that is on MS. Some just don't do that.

The true is that I only rate the CDs that i like most, and some of the others, but then I realize that a lot of people do hate votes and then a lot of unknown bands with songs that i think are horrible and only 20 or 30 votes enters to the top CDs of the year, so i started to do the same that they (hate votes) and I accept this is a shit, so I want it to change.
13.01.2012 - 19:36
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Haurik on 13.01.2012 at 19:18

so i started to do the same that they (hate votes) and I accept this is a shit, so I want it to change.

Good for you! I don't think anyone who downvotes actually realizes that. However, if something enters the charts, maybe it's a sign that it is actually good but unnapreciated, or simply decent/average with some fans who rated it first. So If 100 people rush to listen to it and grade it 5-7 or whatever, or if the collective decides it's actually good and keeps its high rating, the updating wouldn't be required.
----
7.0 means the album is good
13.01.2012 - 20:51
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
The problem with people skipping rating just merely "good"-ish albums is that it exacerbates both inflation and sandbagging.

lots of votes in the middle help keep it honest...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
14.01.2012 - 01:36
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
What BitterCOld is saying is true, but the problem is that I assume many people (like me) would spend less time with albums they don't really like. They will therefore feel they are not ready to give it a rating yet. They will therefore listen to albums they like more initially and then, after an appropriate amount of spins, give it a rating (7-10) while other ratings are left "unused."
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy