Metal Storm logo
Freedom Call

16.10.2006 - 22:23
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I'm quite surprised a Freedom Call thread had not already been made...

Such a fantastic band, almost the definition of happy metal, when in the mood, this band is one of the best in the world.

Eternity is their best album by a mile, followed closely by Crystal Empire. Their latest album, Circle of Life, honestly only has a handful of good songs, but it's really not about variation or musical talent with these guys - it's the sheer joy and energy they can communicate with the listener.

Oh spiritus, oh sanctus
Adoramus domine
Te deum laudamus
In memoriam, gloriam
16.10.2006 - 22:29
Baz Anderson

Freedom Call are the only band that i bought all the discography for, and then wondered why after hearing all of it

i do like Freedom Call, and have everything by them - but i think i should have saved my money for something else
i do like their stuff though. the first album is well worth buying, but then all albums after that i dotn think are all that fantastic at all
'Eternity' is the next best down from 'Stairway To Fairyland' in my opinion, but the others didnt leave a very good impression on me

i think i will have to be very cautious if i am going to buy anything else new from them
16.10.2006 - 22:38
Vidrageon
Account deleted
You might have suffered a happy-overdose, that happens if you listen to their whole discography, they're best listened to in short doses :>
17.10.2006 - 00:01
Unholy_Emperor

I only have the Crystal Empire and it's not bad, but it's just too happy metal for me.

Anyway a good band of power metal and I agree: it's strongly recommended to listening to it in short doses.
17.10.2006 - 02:47
danzig111
Account deleted
They're an okay Heavy/Power Metal band.......Yeah, they're okay, nothing mind blowing, but they're worth listening to I think. I own "The Circle Of Life".
17.10.2006 - 10:07
Baz Anderson

ha, maybe i did overdose on Freedom Call's happiness
i will probably have another listen to them some time in the future and then i will like them more again
it isnt like i dont like them now, i just spent a lot on all their albums and double live album and stuff and i just expected something a bit better
17.10.2006 - 15:03
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I saw them at Tuska this year and it really was love at the first sight. Just an amazing band! By far I've only managed to get "Crystal Empire", but I'm desperate to find more as soon as I get some money. And yes, I agree, one shouldn't listen to Freedom Call too often to avoid that "happy-overdose".
----
You'll never walk alone.
17.10.2006 - 15:59
FOOCK Nam

Agrrrrr, I had intention to creat a thread about Freedom Call... I love Freedom Call with their melodic power metal. These type of music always make our mind happy, never sad, never depressed etc. I have the Eternity a good album. By the way, I also have the track Carry on in The Circle of Life, its lyric is awesome, powerfull. Im a addict of power metal tending to melodic, moreover I dont understand much english, only feel the musical melody so yeah their music doesnt affect me much.
17.10.2006 - 18:35
Warrior Poet
Account deleted
Haven't heard too much of them but from what I have heard I liked, good band indeed.
18.10.2006 - 17:37
FOOCK Nam

Not all songs of them are happy, some are sad, Turn Back Time is one of those,
20.10.2006 - 14:58
Baz Anderson

ive just given Freedom Call another go and listened to 'Stairway To Fairyland'
this was always my favorite album, so i enjoyed it quite a lot this time
i might have to listen to some more of their albums later some time
21.10.2006 - 12:13
Thormier
Account deleted
Really good band my brother got me into them last year =D
05.12.2006 - 04:44
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Oh man, these were one of the first bands i got into during my transformation from shitty 80's only metal to all metal. The 1st and only song I've heard from them was this epic, victorious, awsome song called "Warriors of light." It was so great becuase it pretty much pumped me up to light a shed on fire.
08.12.2006 - 03:37
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 05.12.2006 at 04:44

Oh man, these were one of the first bands i got into during my transformation from shitty 80's only metal to all metal. The 1st and only song I've heard from them was this epic, victorious, awsome song called "Warriors of light." It was so great becuase it pretty much pumped me up to light a shed on fire.

dude, the '80's was a GOOD decade for metal

Freedom Call take ALOT of their influences from that decade (as you can hear)
09.12.2006 - 02:43
matt
Account deleted
Damn, this thread kind of makes me want to listen to Freedom Call right now, it's been a while since I've listened to them.
09.12.2006 - 16:50
danzig111
Account deleted
In the sleeve of their 'Circle Of Life' release, somewhere it says something like "True Metal People don't thank anyone!"
15.01.2007 - 03:30
Angra Fan
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.10.2006 at 22:23

Such a fantastic band, almost the definition of happy metal, when in the mood, this band is one of the best in the world.

You're right, they are the definition of happy metal
31.01.2007 - 16:34
Stormheart
Account deleted
One of my favorite band.They play happy type of power that even the greatest doom fan would start to dance!!!
16.06.2007 - 22:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
their songs are simply awesome...some people says that this isn't metal anymore, but it rocks...when i want to be sad, i listen to Stratovarius, when i wanna drink then Korpiklaani and when i want to improve mood, then Freedom Call is the clear choice
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.07.2007 - 00:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
and as was said, their best album is Eternity...songs like Eyes of the World or Flame in the Night are simply awesome !!!
----

10.08.2007 - 17:53
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Freedom Call's video for the song "Far Away" has been posted at SPV website at this location (Real Media required ). Enjoy.
10.08.2007 - 22:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
omg what kind of crappy country is that?

that's their latest new album isn't it? My Dying Paradise from there is great, but this sounds horrible to me...
----

11.08.2007 - 09:43
Judas
The Amputator
Freedom Call are indeed the quintessential 'Happy Power Metal' band, though after listening to them for extended periods one feels in need of insulin injections to return to a normal state of mind. I think I'll listen to 'Eternity' now, actually, I need to get energised...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
11.08.2007 - 10:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Eternity...Flame in the Night, Turn Back Time...heh - really nice ones to "get happy" after listening to them, those two
----

14.08.2007 - 18:50
Baz Anderson

they have 40 minutes this Saturday at Bloodstock..
I would have liked to have seen them a bit later in the day and with a longer set, but I guess maybe I am in a minority of people that want to see Freedom Call more than any other band at the festival
15.08.2007 - 11:39
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i they will play songs like Island of Dreams, United Alliance or Warriors of Light, i wanna definitely hear them more than new Nightwish - their "semi-life" (i mean this in the Amaranth video ) performance really disappointed me
----

15.08.2007 - 22:31
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I love how the vox are in harmony so beautiful!
16.09.2007 - 22:00
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
I really like Freedom Call but as others have said they are better in small doses. I found them out completely by accident actually. When I first got into more underground metal, I used to download a couple of songs each from a lot of different bands to see what I liked - and I downloaded a few Rhapsody songs. I fell in love with Rhapsody and soon bought everything by them. Once I had the cds I discovered that one of the mp3s was nowhere to be found on any release! I looked up the lyrics and found out it was Palace of Fantasy by Freedom Call.
16.09.2007 - 23:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
yes Palace of Fantasy is special - half of the crowd considers it to be the Rhapsody song - i encountered such a discussion on Youtube - each side insults the other as dunces and non-metal experts

but since i have listen every single Rhapsody song (except their cover of Power Of Thy Sword and the second unreleased song from their Visions of the Enchanted Lands), i have no doubt to choose the side
----

18.09.2007 - 13:35
Inlé

They are pretty good but I wouldn't say they are near the top of the PM hierarchy.

I reckon that their debut is by far their best, Circle of Life is pretty good as well cause it sounds a bit different and works just as well but Stairway is just a great Power Metal album.