Metal Storm logo
Evadne - In The Bitterness Of Our Souls... review

Bandcamp music player
Reviewer:

4 users:
Band: Evadne
Album: In The Bitterness Of Our Souls...
Style: Melodic death metal, Gothic doom metal
Release date: 2004

01. At The Edge Of The Cliff
02. The Autumn Of The Withered Roses
03. Bleak Remembrance

Doom from Spain

Evadne is a band hailing from Spain, they play Atmospheric Doom Metal with some Gothic elements, this Demo was released back in 2004 and contains 3 songs. The CD clocks around 25 minutes, so expect some lengthy songs in here.

The guys at Evadne surely listen My Dying Bride, since I sense a lot influences from the British band, although they surely are influenced by the Brits, they don't copy the style, but try to create one. This exercise turns out to be rather disappointing in many aspects, some of the songs lack changes and ideas, if you do a 10 minute song better keep the audience entertained, or interested.

First song began nicely, but they lost me with the growled vocals, not that I'm against them but I felt they lacked depth, they're too superficial and emotionless, on the other side, female vocals are quite good, they express so much and they serve as a complement for the keyboards and overall atmosphere.

The best part of the Demo is without a doubt the excellent keyboard use, it gives the right atmosphere to the music, sadly the harsh vocals kill the whole atmosphere.
My advice? Don't get rd of the harsh vocals, try to accentuate them with more feeling!

I won't deny that this band shows a lot of promise, I hope to hear them again, and better if they corrected those little mistakes by then. Of course this is only a humble opinion of your truly, is not I'm the law round here. Not yet at least.

Written by Undercraft | 25.08.2005

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 15 users
01.01.2012 - 18:04
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
*rid
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.01.2012 - 20:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Way to get that typo over 6 years after the fact, Boxcar.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 2723 | This month: 18