Metal Storm logo
Morgana Lefay

17.10.2006 - 17:21
Xaphiris

I recently started listening to some Morgana Lefay and remembered hearing a lot about them on the radio. First info I got about them was from here. I noticed there was no thread about them on Metal Storm nor are they on the Bandlist. Well, this thread is simple: tell us anything you know about them so we can have a more complete image...
----
17.10.2006 - 18:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like this band its realy amazing and intrsting band even in name Lafey era, almoust ewer album are rock clasic, wish new bands can play so great and in home page are video ''Hollow'' and I had one demo of one band mambers solo projech ist great too if you need PM me
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.10.2006 - 18:23
Hellish Star

Good band, reminds me often to Metal Church but I wouldn't label them as "thrash" metal.
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
18.10.2006 - 10:11
Eternal Flames

They are more of a Power Metal band with a few thrash influences. I have only heard Maleficium to be honest and it's quite a good album. It's got some really good riffs and I must say that I really enjoyed the vocals. Charles Rytkonen has a very diverse range. Will have to look more into these guys though. I haven't listened to them in quite some time and I really their sound.
18.10.2006 - 10:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Eternal Flames on 18.10.2006 at 10:11

They are more of a Power Metal band with a few thrash influences. I have only heard Maleficium to be honest and it's quite a good album. It's got some really good riffs and I must say that I really enjoyed the vocals. Charles Rytkonen has a very diverse range. Will have to look more into these guys though. I haven't listened to them in quite some time and I really their sound.

No way its heavy metal band, I dont hear there power metal elements, only maybe old school power, but its heavy metal
whit all elemenst there only band ar eold school
----

apos;'
[image]
18.10.2006 - 10:35
Eternal Flames

Written by Bad English on 18.10.2006 at 10:19

Written by Eternal Flames on 18.10.2006 at 10:11

No way its heavy metal band, I dont hear there power metal elements, only maybe old school power, but its heavy metal
whit all elemenst there only band ar eold school

That again goes into the argument of how to differentiate between power and heavy metal which I do not wish to go into again. For me, I found their catchiness to make them more power metal. But instead of going into another categorising/genre discussion, lets leave it at Power/Heavy/Thrash metal.
20.10.2006 - 09:34
Susan
Smeghead
I only have their album "Knowing Just As I" which is circa 1993 I believe. I FUCKING LOVE IT! I cannot tell you enough how this album has opened me up to the world of early/mid 90's melodic metal. Anyway, I have no idea what this band is doing any longer; I've read their history and it seems a bit sordid. I wouldn't be surprised if they've changed their style over the years and over the line-up changes, so I don't know what to say about the band in genreal. Can someone recommend another good album, preferable someone who has heard Knowing Just As I? Thanks
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
20.10.2006 - 16:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Eternal Flames - haha ok but still its heavy/trash metal
@lyrinan - well I doubth thay change they style much after years and even after name chaged to Lefay and leither beck, maybe lil but but still thay play same music how i 90ties only tahy are older and same time play like in those days,
----

apos;'
[image]
20.10.2006 - 17:24
Hellish Star

It's always difficult to label such a band. I would call them indeed a heavy metal band but with a lot of incluences of the US power metal tradition (that's why they are so "thrashy" what is typical for US power metal bands). Same counts for Shadow Keep (UK), Destiny (Sweden), Lanfear (Germany),.... which IMO all belongs to the better European bands.
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
21.10.2006 - 00:33
okt31
Account deleted
IMO they are Europe's greatest US power metal band. Kind of thrashy, kind of doomy, moody but nevertheless great.. Great vocals also (reminiscent of Jon Oliva in his youth).. Fabulous group of musicians..
23.10.2006 - 14:54
madgarry
Account deleted
Damn good band, ive got all their albums and am glad they are back together and looking forward to the next cd
01.02.2007 - 21:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Did you know thay will realised new album soon and 2 samples are awalible in HP

Alos one new live viudeo are online there

Im lil disapointed whit them, I like ''Syphony Of The Damned'' and ''Hollow''
----

apos;'
[image]