Metal Storm logo
Best clear voice female singers

04.01.2012 - 20:16
What the most beautiful female voices in Metal was you hear?
----
Lord of abyss, you are more powerful is thousand suns, you are more terrible a infinite deaths. I will see the heaven lit by burst; I will see the glory burn in infernal flames.

Rockers Go to Hell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39GILx56cV8

The Emperor
04.01.2012 - 20:19
NLthrasher
Not a big female voices fan but still I really like the voice of Simone Simons. In my opinion she is the best female voice in metal. And she is Dutch which kicks ass to
04.01.2012 - 20:39
ColdRail
Maybe Annlouice Loegdlund of Diablo Swing Orchestra
05.01.2012 - 02:17
lordchadi
Tarja turunen : nightwish
05.01.2012 - 02:52
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1457 - pretty similar...

I guess I'd vote Tarja for cleans... although she's probably one of the few clean female vocalists I bother with.

And the ex-Draconian chick.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.01.2012 - 03:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.01.2012 at 02:52

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1457 - pretty similar...

I guess I'd vote Tarja for cleans... although she's probably one of the few clean female vocalists I bother with.

And the ex-Draconian chick.

yup duplicated thread. :/
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
11.02.2012 - 21:26
Vibeke Stene (ex-Tristania). I don't think she's the best; but she sure does sound very different from everyone else.
11.02.2012 - 22:55
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
- Floor Jansen has IMHO one of the most clean and powerful voices out there. She's simply amazing whether doing the rock or operatic vocals, you can hear her in After Forever, ReVamp, some Ayreon and some Star One songs.
- Anneke Van Giersbergen is one very special singer, with such amazing voice and unique persona as well. What she did with The Gathering (let's put the fact a part of their discography is not metal) is more than priceless and it joys me every time I hear she does additional vocals with metal bands on their album (which are many, Moonspell's Scorpion Flower being among my faves, also what she did with Ayreon).
- Vibeke Stene, ex singer of Tristania has also been one of my favourites for years now. She has such amazing opera vocals, it's mind blowing.

These are my top 3 and have been for years.

Other metal (and some rock) singers I also quite enjoy are Cristina Scabbia, Nell Sigland, Martina Hornbachen, Lori Lewis, Liv Kristine, Cathrine Paulsen and Helena Iren Michaelsen. And I probably forgot to mention some.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.02.2012 - 23:46
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by ColdRail on 04.01.2012 at 20:39

Maybe Annlouice Loegdlund of Diablo Swing Orchestra

Absolutely!

I also love Vibeke Stene, Amy Lee and Audrey Sylvain from Amesoeurs/Peste Noire.
13.02.2012 - 00:15
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Annie Haslam of Renaissance
Christina Booth of Magenta
Anne-Marie Helder of Panic Room
Monique van der Kolk of Harvest

these are 4 female fronted prog bands that deserve to be mentioned because the vocals are great!

Anneke of The Gathering
Doro Pesch
Ann Wilson of Heart
the female singers of The 3rd and the Mortal whose names I don't know
Liv Kristine (especially for her performance on Aegis)

I'll be back, I'm sure I have forgotten a few names.
13.02.2012 - 00:29
DelightfulJim
Anneke Van Giersbergen all the way, yo.
16.02.2012 - 10:12
byng
Account deleted
Sharon den Adel (I didnt like her voice in the earlier WT albums but now her voice sounds way better. Great actually.)
21.02.2012 - 02:51
bamahammer
Account deleted
Jo Enckell from a few The Project Hate MCMXCIX albums.
26.02.2012 - 18:45
Narcosis
Lisa Johansson. Too bad she left...fuck, it´s like Tarja leaving Nightwish!
----
To the death of love, the death of hope and the death of all beauty!
27.02.2012 - 07:34
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Definatly Blondie.
27.02.2012 - 14:25
Hmm I like Marcela Bovio of Stream of passion ! But I think Tarja Turunen is the best...