Metal Storm logo
Heavenly

17.10.2006 - 19:27
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Hi again, I'm here today to talk about a French power metal act, who have released 4 albums, all of which have been very good power metal. They, I admit, aren't stand-out metal, but they're undeniably extremely good. All their influences are worn on their sleeves, but they really do make their music fantastically. Any thoughts ? ;>
17.10.2006 - 20:20
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Do you really want my thoughts about them? They're... cheesy
I mean, I'm not usually complaining about cheesiness in Power Metal, but I really didn't enjoy them when I listened to them. Maybe I should give them another try Then recommend me what you think is their best effort.
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
17.10.2006 - 20:27
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
I used to own their debut album many years ago, i think there was a guest appearance of Kai Hansen in it (if not him, there was a well-known power metal persona making a guest apperance or dealing with the production or something), i had found it cute by then, not something awesome, just some sweet power metal debut album from a band making an interesting first step in the world of power metal, neither something awesome nor bad, but the years passed by, i lost my interest in the scene and sold this album to a buddy, never bothered again to listen to them again But good to know they reached their fourth album by now, this means that they mean something in the scene!
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
17.10.2006 - 21:27
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I recommend the Dust to Dust album if you want to give them a fair chance. They are cheesy, but that's power metal, I just grin whenever I listen to them.
23.10.2006 - 14:59
madgarry
Account deleted
Ive got 2 albums by them, both pretty good
29.10.2006 - 18:43
Devil Child
Account deleted
I got their second album "Sign Of The Winner" and this is pretty damn good, but yes... also very cheesy. (just take a look at the cover art and you got an idea) The first time I listen to this album I did'nt like them so much and left me unimpressed, it's only after 3 or 4 listen that I truly appreciate what they have done on this release and now I think they ranks among the best power metal acts nowadays.

I recommend this band for fan of Dark Moor, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody, Kamelot, Avantasia, Angra...
29.10.2006 - 22:37
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Get Dust to Dust, such obvious Dark Moor influences it almost hurts ^^
02.11.2006 - 21:26
SteTech
I decided to download their newest album to see what they're like, and the fact Tony Kakko of Sonata Arctica makes a guest appearance on it. As far as I know he sings on Wasted Time. Sounds great!
04.11.2006 - 01:44
danzig111
Account deleted
I haven't been listening to them for that long but......They are a good band, nice sound they have But yes they are undeniably cheesy.

terrible band name

but at least they're good at what they do .....Though I'd rather Fairyland's first album if we're talking about French scene here.
31.12.2006 - 22:41
Kanon
Account deleted
Dust to dust is the best album from heavenly, i recommend it is a really amazing album with a good lyrics and powerfull music; and then Virus or Sign of the winner are a great both of heavenly albums.

My Heavenly favorite songs: Keepers of the earth, Illusion part II, Lust for Life, Evil , Sign of the winner,Destiny, Liberty, Virus, Dark Memories, World will be better:dcool:
31.12.2006 - 23:12
danzig111
Account deleted
What are some other French Power Metal bands

The French seem to make nice Power Metal from what I hear.
02.01.2007 - 20:19
Icewings
La Luna
Hi nice thread , well some years ago my friend gave me a heavenly cd and I was pretty amazed , I think that they are a wonderful band , and I love the changes and things they do , they have lost of potencial ..
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
02.01.2007 - 21:26
danzig111
Account deleted
the lot of you on this site know not how lucky you are to have Metallic Friends

02.01.2007 - 22:51
tommycheesus
Heavenly are a very good band. They're nothing totally unique or special, they take the formula laid down by other power metal acts and just write based on that formula, but it works. I have Dust To Dust and I love it.
03.01.2007 - 22:43
yanosh
No matter what others say, I regard Dust to dust as the best album ever by any band, and Virus comes close behind it.
That's what's beautiful about music. To some people it may sound like a pure noise (the narrow minded people I live with) while I become mesmerized when I listen to it.
08.01.2007 - 18:21
Dark Stalker
They are french even in appearance . Band members don't look metal enough , but they play very good power metal . It is best metal french band i know .
I liked Virus more then Dust to Dust .
----
In luck we trust!
09.01.2007 - 06:51
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
I got hold of Virus the other day and Im not exactly blown away. I read a review on metal-observer and the reviewer made it seem as if it was a bit of a masterpiece. I decided to check it out cozz that particular reviewer is as big a Lost Horizon freak as I am and he made a comparison between them and Heavenly....but in the end im not quite sure why. I quite like "The Prince of the World" though...
09.01.2007 - 10:18
PurpuRa
Account deleted
I think that theyre a good band, and the song "Wasted Time" with Tony Kakko is really good.
09.01.2007 - 13:39
Roblar
Account deleted
yeah, they are pretty cheesy but their damn good, Sign of the winner is their best album so far! waiting for Virus!
10.01.2007 - 12:14
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Just got to know this band...and what a shame that I haven't come across them earlier. They are really great. My favorite tracks at the moment are 'Liberty', 'Spill Blood On Fire' and 'The Joker'
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.01.2007 - 23:06
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Written by Dark Stalker on 08.01.2007 at 18:21

They are french even in appearance . Band members don't look metal enough

What do you mean

@Vidrageon : you were right "Dust to Dust" isn't so bad after all
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
31.01.2007 - 16:49
Stormheart
Account deleted
Everything cool,great music and all but too gay vocal.Sorry to all fans.I listen to them too (not so often),I own Coming From The Sky and Sign Of The Winner.My favorite song is Words Of Change.And they could work on their image a little,they dont look metal at all.But,their style...
31.01.2007 - 17:40
APOHAKC
The Bard
When friend of mine borrowed me this band, I think it was Virus album I was like wow, until then I listen this band very activly, they are not something spectacular but they are cool, I like they sound and those weird solos...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.04.2007 - 01:44
ArchitectSupreme
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.10.2006 at 21:27

I recommend the Dust to Dust album if you want to give them a fair chance. They are cheesy, but that's power metal, I just grin whenever I listen to them.

Dust to Dust is their only real worthwhile album i think. Coming from the Sky and a Sign of the Winter ar both better than Virus though. Did anybody else notice that the chorus of "Spill Blood on Fire" is the chorus of "Lust For Life" pretty much dead on?
27.05.2007 - 21:17
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Just recieved the album Virus...with autographs from all band members! A really good album
----

31.05.2007 - 19:21
Bash'
:)
Virus is much better than previous one .. I liked Spill Blood On Fire .. really amazing ..

from the first album I liked last track Dust to Dust .. when my friend play it on piano I just feel flying ..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
31.05.2007 - 19:31
APOHAKC
The Bard
I got Dust To Dust few days before, well... I don't like it much
Virus is still Heavenly album nomber one for me
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
01.06.2007 - 10:28
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Eventhough I really like the Virus album I do have some problems with it as well...especially the production. It's just not good...it's hard to hear the different instruments and that's a shame 'cause the bandmembers are really skilled
----

11.07.2007 - 22:26
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
I think that Heavenly is the most exponent of the French Power Metal.

They begining in 1994 under the name of Satan's Lawyer, later changed name in 1997, in 2000 released their first album called "Coming From The Sky" wich includes the participation of Kai Hansen and Piet Sielk.

In 2001 released "Sign Of The Winner" that it would take them to give to know to the rest of Europe.

Later released "Dust To Dust" other great work of the band. In 2006 released "Virus" wich includes the participation of Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica) Tanja (Lullacry) and Kevin Codfert (Adagio) .
27.09.2007 - 22:48
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Been listening to my 'Virus' album a lot lately and the "production problems" I wrote about a few months back turned out to be my treble...it was turn up way to high
----