Metal Storm logo
Soilwork

Original post

Posted by , 18.05.2006 - 12:33
One of the best gothenburg style bands ever in my opinion, despite their last album which although wasn't that bad, certainly was their weakest.

I totally dig Speed as a vocalist, his clean vocals are sublime (especially on the later work) and his screams are very much above average. The groovy riffs are catchy as hell and overrall the songwriting is brilliant.

I do prefer their more melodic stuff ala, 'A Predators Portrait' through to 'Figure Number Five' but 'Natural Born Chaos' for me is their masterpiece.
17.01.2009 - 22:06
Jessing
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.01.2009 at 23:25

Hey these guys are coming to my city i duno if i should see them, anyone seen them live? any reviews?

i saw them a little bit at wacken 08 and they were nothing special IMO
19.01.2009 - 22:35
written in stone
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.01.2009 at 22:06

Hey these guys are coming to my city i duno if i should see them, anyone seen them live? any reviews?

oh really, hmm i wanna see sallow the sun
24.04.2009 - 01:39
GULCH OF ROT

Written by Guest on 19.01.2009 at 22:35

Written by Guest on 17.01.2009 at 22:06

I was there at wacken and they live show was kinda weak but there studio albums are rad N.B.C. being my personal favorite

oh really, hmm i wanna see sallow the sun
----
AND ON THE 7TH DAY THE GULCH BEGAN TO ROT

http://www.myspace.com/gulchofrot
31.07.2009 - 18:51
Farid Masud

I only consider their album Natural Born Chaos as a true masterpiece and one that clearly tells a tale that they took a lot of thinking to make this work. Their new stuff after Natural Born Chaos are horrible in my opinion and please forgive me for saying that. And I am not a pessimist when I say this but bands like Soilwork and In Flames who most wishes for them to make an album that sounds like the stuff from the 90's, are not returning, they entered into the mainstream media and they are not working as hard as they used to. I no longer listen to Soilwork, like a comma, wake me up when In Flames and Soilwork return. Which is almost and possibly never.
----
Someone once said"If eye for an eye were to be put into practice, then the whole world will be blind..."
09.08.2009 - 15:30
loudandheavy
Account deleted
Soilwork are fine,but their last album is the weakest
21.08.2013 - 06:53
FOOCK Nam

Natural born chaos is very great stuff. I prefer it to figure number five. I even consider they better th in flames due to good vocal. Imo natural born chaos illustrates a very good melodic death gothernburg typical not too lean on melodic but not too far rough as straight death metal. Very manly music. I like all songs from that album.
24.08.2013 - 20:05
schlakt

Agree or disagree, the living infinite is their best, imo!
15.02.2020 - 17:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to Interview band will To Release Two New Singles This Year.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.03.2020 - 15:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
New song.

17.10.2021 - 23:39
Steiner

Loved the first few albums but Figure Number Five kinda felt like the beginning of the end. Check out Act Of Denial if you miss the NBC era's balance of aggression and melody. Speed's even doing vocals.