Metal Storm logo
Coroner - Status Update

Swiss thrashers Coroner posted a New Year update regarding the band's comeback: "2011 is over and we want to thank you, our friends and fans, for your overwhelming response to our reunion concerts. We cannot find the words to express the appreciation we have for all of you. The response to our first 2011 show at Les Docks in Lausanne gave us the kick-start we needed and has carried us through to our most recent shows in Greece. We've been blown away by the fans everywhere! Thanks to every single one of you who came to our concerts! We hope you had as good of a time as we did! Thanks to all of the mags who wrote about us and also to the radio stations, and those who worked on our online shows! A special thanks to all the other bands that shared the stage with us!"

"There will be a few more chances to see you at one of our upcoming shows. We have plans to add a couple more songs to our set list, but we're not quite sure yet which ones. We'll continue to film all the shows and hopefully put together a nice documentary, which will also include rare footage from the early days. Plus, we're going to add tons of private photos to the homepage taken from the past to the present. Keep on writing your comments, posting your recordings on YouTube, covering our songs!"

"So again, thank you all so much for remembering Coroner. Best wishes for the most happy and exciting year 2012.
Best, Marky, Ron and Tommy"

To read the entire update go to this location.

Source: coroner-reunion.com
Band profile: Coroner
Posted: 08.01.2012 by kual21

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 113 users
08.01.2012 - 11:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Just reunite for a new studio album already.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.01.2012 - 11:46
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.01.2012 at 11:20

That's what I want too, but it is kind of scary at the same time. What if it sucks? Yet, on the other hand, they don't seem to be hasty with that, which means that they are not ready to make any new music yet. When they feel that they are coming up with some good songs, then they will put them out or maybe that will never ever happen, which is still better than releasing a crappy album after such a glorious past catalog. Therefore, I respect their current decision of being a touring band.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
08.01.2012 - 15:18
pisymbol

The meat of the story for those who frequent Slashdot (inside joke):

"In a recent interview with ThrashHead, CORONER drummer Marquis Marky (a.k.a. Marky Edelmann) was asked whether the band has given any thought to possibly about getting back into the studio and recording a new album. "No, we [haven't]," he replied. "Because there are several reasons for this. The main problem is that we all have daily jobs. Ron [Royce; bass/vocals] is working for a company, I work for an art collector, I have a family and a little daughter, I am just not as free as I used to be, I can't just say, 'Well, I am going to be in the studio for a month,' I can't cancel my job for that, I can't be away from my family for that long. And Tommy [Vetterli, guitar], with his studio, is extremely busy all the time. I think it's just an illusion if we say we'll make a new album, because it would take such a long time. Of course, we can try to do that, but it would take maybe three or four years or something....that would be just strange, you know, to produce in this way, that you say, 'Let's wait three weeks, and then we come together and put together the second song, drums,' or something like that. For me, you have to be a band, you have to be somewhere else, away from everything, you have to be together for three weeks or whatever in one studio, just to get through one piece... that's the way we always did it... This is just not possible [to pull off right now]. I think it's OK how it is... Well, what we are probably going to do is one song or something, just one song to add to these few shows we do know or we just put on.... We're actually planning on putting out a DVD with all the cuts from the shows, traveling, what we're doing now and next year...combined with some old footage, like for instance, the first CORONER concert ever that we did in Zurich with CELTIC FROST and KREATOR and things like that. That's probably where the one new song or something like that will go.... I don't know. But, basically, to answer your question, there is not going to be a new album."
08.01.2012 - 23:33
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

my feelings exactly...
----
rekt
09.01.2012 - 03:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by pisymbol on 08.01.2012 at 15:18
tl;dr

Just tell 'em to stop making excuses and write some new music. >>
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.01.2012 - 03:28
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.01.2012 at 03:11

words and more words

Bingo
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.01.2012 - 03:56
pisymbol

tl;dr

I agree with your sentiments but the guy's gotta point. See: Insomnium.
14.01.2012 - 16:37
The Galactician

Yes yes yes and also yes.
14.01.2012 - 16:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

tl;dr

Nah, the dude got a point, I respect their decision. A new album would be welcome but I won't feel bad if they just want to stay like they are right now if it's too much of a burden for their normal jobs and family.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 2681 | This month: 4