Metal Storm logo
Romania, Bucharest - Therion Goes Classic

Band:

Therion

Date: 09 December 2006 - 00:00
Organizer: Aquarius Foundation

Tickets:

Tickets are on sale starting October 25, on 3 price ranges (see map position on on the venue webpage)
I - Eur 70 (rows A:2-20; B,C: 11-20; D, E; F&G:1-10)
II - Eur 55 (rows A: 22-33, B&C: 21-32; F&G: 11-27, H, I)
III - Eur 25 (rows J, K, L, M;
Buy at www.therionstore.com

Therion Goes Classic - At the Palace Hall/Bucharest/Romania, on December 9th, Therion plays with full symphonic orchestra, choir and international opera stars. The band will go on stage with nearly 70 musicians of the Academic Radio Choir, 100 instrumentists of the Romanian Radio Orchestra and guest classical singers from Vienna, awarded as best opera-voices world-wide. Markus Stollenwerk, who joined the famous German band Rage for their "Lingua Mortis" album will be the conductor of this world-premiere event. The repertoire includes famous classical pieces in Therion's version, as well as Therion songs with symphonic orchestra, some of them never played live before.

The project is done with kind support of the Swedish Embassy in Romania.

"Therion Goes Classic" concert is part of a project called "Ars musicae, ars medicinae - music against cancer" developed by Aquarius Foundation/Romania; all thanks for the initiative go to Therion. Funds raised following the concert are aimed to the treatment of children with cancer in Romania in 2007. Organisers also thank Wolfgang Milchrahm/Austria for his support.

For fans from outside Romania, accommodation has been booked for Eur 10 and Eur 45 in several hostels & hotels in Bucharest. Just let us know you want to share one of the nice hostels or hotels with other Therion fans, and we will provide you details on request.

Therion band members are going to be met on Friday 8th, in a fan-meeting session of a special kind.

The meeting will start with a half an hour lecture of Special Guest Uli Jon Roth, where he presents his experience with classical and rock music and his ideas on the link between music and medicine. This is followed by open discussions with the audience where both Uli and the band will answer questions, and by a press conference of 15 minutes.

A signing session of 45 minutes will end up the meeting.

Venue: the conference hall, Students' House of Culture "Grigore Preoteasa," Calea Plevnei 61. Date 8.12.2006, 17:00 hours.
Admission: 2 EUR

Who was there?

enixtm 100%
Otravia 100%
black_blizzard 100%
IonutIancu 100%

News

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 17 users
18.10.2006 - 21:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
w00t!!!i'll be there!!
30.11.2006 - 22:29
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I SOOOOOOO much want to go! Hope they record it!
04.12.2006 - 22:10
Thryce
Retired Staff
Romania's MetalHead.ro has issued an interview with Therion, in which they discuss, among other topics, their upcoming show in Bucharest (December 9th) alongside the Romanian Symphonic Orchestra.

The following is an excerpt from the interview:

Q: This is your first concert alongside many artists from the classical scene. Seeing that this is a second collaboration with this type of artists since the recordings of Lemuria and Sirius B, are you prepared for this event? Are you as thrilled and as excited as your fans are?

A: "Actually we performed live with orchestra on a festival in 1999. But then it was just with a small string quartet.

This is the first time we play with such a huge ensable though and it is indeed the first time we will be performing classical pieces. It will be a fantastic event and even though other bands before us have played live with orchestra, I don't think anyone ever have done it with such a huge ensemble (170 people including choir) and neither did any rock band perform parts of operas like this either.

There will also be an amazing scenery, we will not just stand on a stage with orchestra, it will be a lot of efforts and money spent on making the experience for the visitor a complete revelation."

See the full interview at this location.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
13.12.2006 - 23:58
Thryce
Retired Staff
Photos from the Therion Goes Classic event (Therion plus The Romanian Radio Symphonic Orchestra) that took place in Bucharest, Hungary on December 9th are available at this location. The show was almost sold out and 3000 fans gathered. Metalhead.ro has posted a review of the event (in english) here.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
01.02.2007 - 19:12
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I found on an interview with Kristian Niemann that it's possible that they release a dvd of the show! and in the interview there are some details about the concert and Gothic Kabbalah.
The only thing is that the interview is in french, but well, here's the link
http://www.obskure.com/fr/inter_model.php?num_inter=525
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
30.08.2007 - 01:23
iuda
Account deleted
I WAS THERE! It was beautiful.

you can get the concert by downloading the torrent from http://metal.iplay.ro I got the video from there a day or two ago.

Hits total: 8846 | This month: 4