Metal Storm logo
Defiance - Call It Quits

With over 25 years on their backs, US thrashers Defiance have officially called it quits.

Guitarist Jim Adams has post the following statement: "Hey All! Jim Adams here, I imagine it won't be a surprise to anyone who might read this that Defiance is no longer a band. After coming to the realization that the music industry was falling apart, and without the internal bond that Defiance had in back in their heydays, it was decided (by me) to shut down all activities to avoid being completely financially wiped out.

Steve and Mark both put it best when they each told me that "we did what we promised we would do, and that was finish this album for Doug." Having some time to think about what that really means, I have come to agree completely with them. The job is done. Doug is gone, and with him, really... Defiance.

I have since moved on and joined Severed Fifth and will be releasing a full length album in February 2012, entitled Liberate.

To everyone who supported and followed Defiance over the last 25 years, we would like to thank you. Without the fans, we would have just been 5 knuckleheads destroying our hearing and our livers in some basement in Oakland."

Source: defiance1.com
Band profile: Defiance
Posted: 09.01.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 37 users
10.01.2012 - 08:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I think I listened to Beyond Recognition once. Never felt the need to listen to anything else... and by the looks of it, they weren't exactly the most productive band in history.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.01.2012 - 09:13
BudDa

Last I checked they were looking for a new bassist and busy writing new material. What happened?
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
10.01.2012 - 10:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by BudDa on 10.01.2012 at 09:13
What happened?

It seems they didn't have enough... defiance.

YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.01.2012 - 11:18
BudDa

Lol. Horatio would make such a charismatic frontman for a metalband!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
10.01.2012 - 11:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Not a great loss to the thrash world that this 3rd rate thrash band calls it quits.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.01.2012 - 20:49
Huntteri

Sad,but without Harrington and Esquivel Defiance isn't Defiance :/
21.01.2012 - 20:55
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Never heard of them

are they good?
21.01.2012 - 23:20
Huntteri

Written by Guest on 21.01.2012 at 20:55

Never heard of them

are they good?

I like them, Beyond Recognition is possibly my favorite tharsh album of all time, you should check Defiance out if you like thrash.
21.01.2012 - 23:22
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Huntteri on 21.01.2012 at 23:20

Never heard of them

are they good?

I like them, Beyond Recognition is possibly my favorite tharsh album of all time, you should check Defiance out if you like thrash.

of course i like thrash; I will check them, in fact I'll check their sound on myspace or youtube.

edit: they sound like a poorer/less inspired version of Testament
22.01.2012 - 10:49
Huntteri

Written by Guest on 21.01.2012 at 23:22

Written by Huntteri on 21.01.2012 at 23:20

Never heard of them

are they good?

of course i like thrash; I will check them, in fact I'll check their sound on myspace or youtube.

edit: they sound like a poorer/less inspired version of Testament

Yeah, I know they have a huge testament influence in their music, but Beyond Recognition isn't that much testament-worship

Hits total: 3077 | This month: 5