Metal Storm logo
Pathology

13.01.2012 - 08:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Pathology are a brutal death metal band out of San Diego, California (United States) formed back in 2006. Drummer Dave Astor is the only remaining member from the original 2006 line-up, but the band haven't changed their slamming brutal death metal style over the course of their short career. Pathology are currently signed to Victory Records.

In spite of their collective youth, Pathology have quite a few releases to their name:

Surgically Hacked full-length (2006)
Incisions of Perverse Debauchery full-length (2008)
Age of Onset full-length (2009)
Legacy of the Ancients full-length (2010)
Awaken to the Suffering full-length (2011)

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.01.2012 - 13:29
MesiasDesmorphus

I actually liked their new album a lot, Emises and Hostility Towards Conformity are there best songs to date imho
14.01.2012 - 16:20
ß
Problem?
Saw them live once... didn't think too much of them. Certainly doesn't help matters that I wasn't familiar with any of their material prior to seeing them.

Edit: Fairly enjoyable stuff actually. Now I know to always check out a band prior to seeing them live in order to get the most out of them.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
21.03.2013 - 15:45
Sean 79

The Time Of Great Purification was one of the best death metal albums of last year.
21.03.2013 - 19:00
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Sean 79 on 21.03.2013 at 15:45

The Time Of Great Purification was one of the best death metal albums of last year.

Completely agreed. Was a damn fine album. The groove in Tyrannical Decay is freakin' infectious as hell.

----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

21.03.2013 - 21:06
Misfit74

Written by Sean 79 on 21.03.2013 at 15:45

+1

Plus, they've re-united with singer Matti Way and their old guitarist, Tom, has been added (two guitarists now). They've also signed with Sevared Records, so they might get even heavier. This is a band I enjoy quite a bit and they were great live in support of The Time Of Great Purification just recently.