Metal Storm logo
Therion - To Play With A Full Symphonic Orchestra Live/More Album Details

According to Therion's official website, (and directly quoting it) the band will play at the Palace Hall/Bucharest/Romania, on December 9th with nearly 70 musicians of the Academic Radio Choir, 100 instrumentists of the Romanian Radio Orchestra and guest classical singers from Vienna, awarded as best opera-voices world-wide.

The repertoire includes famous classical pieces in Therion's version, as well as Therion songs with symphonic orchestra, some of them never played live before.

Tickets are on sale starting October 25, on 3 price ranges

I - Eur 70 (rows A:11-33; B,C: 11-33; D, E)
II - Eur 55 (rows F&G: 1-27)
III - Eur 25 (rows J, K, L, M)

For further information check their website.

UPDATE:
Therion have issued the following update:

"And it is my great pleasure to present the title and the cover artwork of the new Therion album that is expected next year. The title is "Gothic Kabbalah" and this is the cover artwork."

The band's new album is now mixed. A January release is hinted, but an official release date is expected to be revealed soon.

UPDATE:
Therion has revealed more details about their forthcoming Classical Show (with a full symphonic orchestra, choir and international opera stars) which will take place on December 9, 2006 at the Palace Hall in Bucharest, Romania. According to their site, the show will consist of the following three parts:

1. Pure orchestral versions of Therion songs. For example an opera version of Clavicula Nox.
2. Therion + orchestra and choir perform various famous works by Wagner, Mozart, Saens-Saen, Dvorak and Verdi.
3. Therion play own songs together with orchestra and choir. Of course classics that everyone would expect will be played, but also songs that have never been played before, such as 'Via Nocturna', 'Eternal Return' etc. Also a version of 'Siren Of The Woods' scored for real orchestra and with opera singers.

The tickets are available in three price classes. The tickets for Class III are now sold out. There are however very attractive tickets left in class I and II. Tickets available internationally at The Therion Store.
Fans living in Romania can get it at ticket retailers or over at the Aquarius Foundation's web page.

Source: megatherion.com
Band profile: Therion
Event: Therion Goes Classic
Posted: 19.10.2006 by ylside

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 6 users
19.10.2006 - 21:52
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
What? Only in Romania? Too bad...
People of Romania, have a good concert anyway, I think it will be amazing!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Hits total: 4317 | This month: 16