Metal Storm logo
X Japan - Yoshiki Composes 2012 Golden Globes Theme

Pianist and drummer Hayashi Yoshiki from the Japanese power metal band X Japan has composed the musical theme for this year's Golden Globe Awards, which take place today in Beverly Hills, California. The awards show will feature new music for the first time in 15 years.

Hollywood Foreign Press Association President Dr. Takla-O'Reilly states: "Yoshiki is a world-renowned musician and composer of enormous talent and versatility, who in addition to being a rock superstar has composed for film and television. As an international organization dedicated to creative achievements, the HFPA is delighted to have a global musical artist of Yoshiki's stature create the theme for the show."

In a press release, Yoshiki commented: "The Golden Globe Awards are extremely prestigious, but the show is also edgy. I'm a classical pianist and a rock drummer, so it was natural to create something beautiful that also has an edge."

X Japan are also gearing up to release their first full English album this year.

Source: xjapanmusic.com
Band profile: X Japan
Posted: 15.01.2012 by Flower Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 39 users
15.01.2012 - 19:27
strade

That is awesome.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
16.01.2012 - 00:12
TrollandDie

Now that's pretty cool.

Need Fleshgod Apocalypse to do it next year though.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
16.01.2012 - 03:29
Lonniehaskel

Oh god yes! X Japan is wonderful.
16.01.2012 - 21:35
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Sounds cool actually.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.01.2012 - 16:30