Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse - New Album Details & Single Streaming

Tampa-based death metal legends Cannibal Corpse will unleash their twelfth studio offering on March 13th via Metal Blade Records. Aptly titled Torture, the follow-up to 2009's Evisceration Plague offers up 12 tracks of maniacally precise, soul-searing death metal.

Torture was again produced by Hate Eternal's Erik Rutan at his own Mana Recording Studio in St. Petersburg, Florida as well as Sonic Ranch in Tornillo, Texas, and features the maniacal cover art by longtime Cannibal Corpse artist, Vincent Locke.

Adds bassist Alex Webster on the outcome of the record: "We're extremely happy with how Torture turned out. Erik Rutan did an amazing job with the production, and the songwriting and performances may be our strongest yet. We can't wait until our fans get to hear the whole thing!"

Torture track list:

01. Demented Aggression
02. Sarcophagic Frenzy
03. Scourge Of Iron
04. Encased In Concrete
05. As Deep As The Knife Will Go
06. Intestinal Crank
07. Followed Home Then Killed
08. The Strangulation Chair
09. Caged... Contorted
10. Crucifier Avenged
11. Rabid
12. Torn Through

In other news, "Demented Aggression", the brand-new single from the band's upcoming album Torture can now be streamed on SoundCloud and in the YouTube-video below.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Cannibal Corpse
Posted: 16.01.2012 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 40   Visited by: 257 users
16.01.2012 - 20:06
vezzy
Stallmanite
As always, Cannibal Corpse have very original album titles and cover artwork.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
16.01.2012 - 20:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hmm... I wonder if that's a censored cover, or the actual cover...

"Evisceration Plague" was a bit disappointing, so I'm hoping this one will be better. Loving "Demented Aggression" though! xD
16.01.2012 - 20:13
Baz Anderson
staff
Song is cool, faster than usual.
16.01.2012 - 20:40
Mad Mike
I'm wondering if track number 5 is a sequel to Fucked with A Knife.

I don't mind the title... it seems to me that their albums with one-word titles turn out fantastic, but that's just me...

To paraphrase a certain review on this website: I am really looking forward to the popcorn!
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
16.01.2012 - 21:03
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Can't wait for this release. I'll have to hop on over to soundclod when I get home later to check out the new single...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

16.01.2012 - 21:24
a MasT
Omg so oldschool!
16.01.2012 - 21:45
AtrumHiberna
I don't like the cover but the song is neat! it seems that they're going back to their early sounds
----
This is my worship, this is my path...
16.01.2012 - 23:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
That song was actually pretty bitchin'. And here I was expecting something completely dull.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.01.2012 - 23:22
Void Eater
Account deleted
Never really cared about CC after Tomb Of The Mutilated, but this is actually quite swaggin.
16.01.2012 - 23:40
Kingface
Written by Baz Anderson on 16.01.2012 at 20:13

Song is cool, faster than usual.

Agreed.
17.01.2012 - 00:55
Nekrokvlt
Account deleted
Everything went better than expected. I like it.
17.01.2012 - 01:11
Oaken
Hipster
Totally sick. Like always.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
17.01.2012 - 01:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I'm very surprised to see a pretty much unanimous (at least for now lol) positive verdict on here for new Cannibal Corpse material. That main riff sounds more like something from the Leviathan/pre- Cannibal Corpse days... I love the primitive thrash meets brutal death vibe of the song, great stuff!
17.01.2012 - 01:38
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Hmmm...

This might be good.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.01.2012 - 02:43
RavenKing
Song titles are every bit as preposterous as ever.
Cannibal Corpse is really not for me.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
17.01.2012 - 02:56
Baz Anderson
staff
I don't understand why people think this album might be shockingly different from the rest, judging by this song alone. There's always one really fast, short song on each album and this one is probably it from this album... I'm sure the rest of the album will be exactly like the last albums. I'm not complaining about that though, I like them.
17.01.2012 - 03:38
Sentinel65
Never got into the "gore" genres, but I still greatly respect what this band has accomplished.
17.01.2012 - 04:55
Ritual_Suicide
Account deleted
The artwork clips they used in the video sample lead me to believe that "official cover" is actually the censored version, a sleeve or an insert.
17.01.2012 - 09:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.01.2012 at 02:56

I don't understand why people think this album might be shockingly different from the rest, judging by this song alone. There's always one really fast, short song on each album and this one is probably it from this album... I'm sure the rest of the album will be exactly like the last albums. I'm not complaining about that though, I like them.

I don't think it will be anything vastly different to anything else they've done. Of the other two songs I've heard, "Torn Through" is another fast one, and "As Far As The Knife Will Go" is morbidly catchy. I'm certainly very hopeful at least, that this one will be better than "Evisceration Plague" which was a bit disappointing, and one of Cannibal Corpse's weakest albums. And I like them too. lol

As for the artwork, I have seen the uncensored version, so the artwork depicted here is a censored version, presumably which will be used as the front cover so as to avoid the album being banned. (The uncensored cover will presumably be inside the booklet)
18.01.2012 - 00:54
Opethian
Meh ..
18.01.2012 - 00:56
Opethian
Written by RavenKing on 17.01.2012 at 02:43

Song titles are every bit as preposterous as ever.
Cannibal Corpse is really not for me.

agreed.
18.01.2012 - 02:24
18.01.2012 - 03:24
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff

Not even sure why there needs to be a censored version. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.01.2012 - 03:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^Some countries (like Germany) will ban that cover (and the album) if it isn't censored.
18.01.2012 - 03:42
RavenKing
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.01.2012 at 03:37

^^Some countries (like Germany) will ban that cover (and the album) if it isn't censored.

To be honest, I don't find Cannibal Corpse's covers scary or really evil. I find then laughable, retarded, childish.
----
18.01.2012 - 03:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by RavenKing on 18.01.2012 at 03:42
To be honest, I don't find Cannibal Corpse's covers scary or really evil.

People are just too touchy.

Nothing like Australia though. Ban ALL the games! >>
----
18.01.2012 - 03:46
RavenKing
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.01.2012 at 03:45

Nothing like Australia though. Ban ALL the games! >>

Oh yes, I know.
----
18.01.2012 - 03:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 18.01.2012 at 03:42
To be honest, I don't find Cannibal Corpse's covers scary or really evil. I find then laughable, retarded, childish.

Well, some countries still ban many of their original covers, which is the only reason why they keep releasing "censored" versions of their album covers. To prevent them from being banned. As for how I myself see the covers, I do find some of them scary, but then I'm easily scared.
18.01.2012 - 03:53
RavenKing
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.01.2012 at 03:48

As for how I myself see the covers, I do find some of them scary, but then I'm easily scared.

I can't take those covers seriously. It doesn't look serious but like some overdone gore-centered comics. Perhaps disgusting but so over-the-top it ends up only as cheesy, Imo.
----
18.01.2012 - 03:59
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 18.01.2012 at 03:53
I can't take those covers seriously. It doesn't look serious but like some overdone gore-centered comics. Perhaps disgusting but so over-the-top it ends up only as cheesy, Imo.

I guess you could also say that about a lot of horror movies. The "Tomb Of The Mutilated" uncensored cover is really over the top ridiculous, and too cheesy, even for Cannibal Corpse. But gore-based metal, just like most such movies, can't really be taken seriously at all. Even Cannibal Corpse themselves say that nobody should take their lyrics seriously. Although some idiots actually do.

The one area where I do take Cannibal Corpse seriously, and they themselves take seriously, is the music. The music is serious, and at times, highly technical, so in that respect, they're not really a joke band.

Hits total: 7775 | This month: 8