Metal Storm logo
Where Do You Store Your CD's?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.01.2012 - 03:06
Lately I've been "checking my stock" of CDs and I've noticed that I have more CDs than I know what to do with. I got myself a little catalog cabinet to store them in alphabetical order, but there's still not enough space. So, I store what's left out in the open on my computer desk.
Which got me to thinking: A lot of MSers have twice, thrice and quadtrice as many CDs as me. So where do you store them all?
14.11.2012 - 22:31
no one
Account deleted
I have over a hundred cds i think, and they just became a bit much to look after in category's and stuff,i just keep the ones im interested in at the time close by. i went vinyl for a while ,and to be honest they are just too expensive and hard to come by for my poor ass . I do download, but only eps to get a sample or if its just too much of a mish to get hold of on cd.
15.11.2012 - 08:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 14.11.2012 at 22:31

i went vinyl for a while ,and to be honest they are just too expensive and hard to come by for my poor ass .

No idea where you buy you vinyl from but they are only slightly more expensive than cd's and are easily obtainable via on-line distros.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.11.2012 - 08:40
no one
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.11.2012 at 08:21

i went vinyl for a while ,and to be honest they are just too expensive and hard to come by for my poor ass .

No idea where you buy you vinyl from but they are only slightly more expensive than cd's and are easily obtainable via on-line distros.

yeah online distros, which cost for shipping, whether im buying second hand or new online or from the shop it costs me 40 or 50 bux nz,thats like two or three cds
15.11.2012 - 08:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 15.11.2012 at 08:40

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.11.2012 at 08:21

yeah online distros, which cost for shipping, whether im buying second hand or new online or from the shop it costs me 40 or 50 bux nz,thats like two or three cds

oops forgot to look where you lived and hence forgot about shipping costs which might increase dramatically.
I tend to order over at distros where when you spend a certain amount there are no shipping costs. And even if there are shipping costs they are quite low ause I only order from within europe.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.11.2012 - 01:41
Vombatus
Potorro
Gathered for the first time all my cds and vinyls that use to be scattered around a couple of places and realised I have no idea how the hell I'm gonna store them

Can't find any (decent) cd racks and I'm not sure there is place for a new shelf... got them right now in small piles around the house XD
18.11.2012 - 02:39
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I'm going to make my self a nice pine shelf for my new 7" collection (as I just ordered like 15 )
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.11.2012 - 03:22
BreadGod
Account deleted
I only have around 50 CDs or so and I store them all on a shelf. I only listen to digital music nowadays, so all those CDs do is collect dust.
18.11.2012 - 05:48
no one
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 18.11.2012 at 01:41

Gathered for the first time all my cds and vinyls that use to be scattered around a couple of places and realised I have no idea how the hell I'm gonna store them

Can't find any (decent) cd racks and I'm not sure there is place for a new shelf... got them right now in small piles around the house XD

i find beer crate boxes fit vinyl's nicely
27.11.2012 - 20:54
Patrick.
My CD's are organized side by side alphabetically on these two big "furniture-bookcase-things" with shells. Works well enough I guess. If it weren't for so many digipacks I would have gone for "iron-CD-stacks" (don't know what the heck it's called in English), as they are a much better fit with standard jewel cases.
27.11.2012 - 22:45
Chriwalker
Account deleted
I store them in a wooden shelf I made myself for my CD's.
28.11.2012 - 04:51
BreadGod
Account deleted
Written by Patrick. on 27.11.2012 at 20:54

My CD's are organized side by side alphabetically on these two big "furniture-bookcase-things" with shells. Works well enough I guess. If it weren't for so many digipacks I would have gone for "iron-CD-stacks" (don't know what the heck it's called in English), as they are a much better fit with standard jewel cases.

When it comes to organizing CDs, first I organize the bands alphabetically, then I arrange their releases chronologically.
28.11.2012 - 06:09
Patrick.
Written by Guest on 28.11.2012 at 04:51

When it comes to organizing CDs, first I organize the bands alphabetically, then I arrange their releases chronologically.

It's the same way here, was just a bit clumsy with words earlier.
28.11.2012 - 15:46
Hoff
Written by Guib on 09.11.2012 at 00:01

But anyways why would he buy a hard copy if he's storing everything on a hard drive to then get rid of the cd ... it makes no sense lol he could just download it. He was probably just bullshitting us to see our reactions. Seems like his plan worked fine.

Muahahaha!

Yeah, I really just download most of my music and copy some from friends' CDs. Never bought one myself.

And I am severely OCD about organizing my music on my computer. I can't stand any software that tries to do it for me, I have to organize and rename everything myself.
----
Mildly Clever
28.11.2012 - 18:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
All my 400 CD:s are currently packed in boxes, standing in my living room. I moved to a bigger apartment (twice the size than my old place) this summer, still have no place to put my CD:s. Okay, I mean no shelf. I have lots of space. Now.
----
28.12.2012 - 10:59
Hellish Star
Written by Bad English on 09.11.2012 at 19:00

Written by Hellish Star on 09.11.2012 at 18:22

Cd-racks on a wall....

have you a place since I remeber in old forum somebody said you have like 5000 something and do you live in house or apparment?

I will never have space enough....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
28.12.2012 - 18:11
sladetroityer
I have over 500 cd's and 250 vinyl, LP's. I purchased CD racks from various outlet stores that hold 500 CD's and that's where all the CD's go. I have two racks, one of which is entirely full, and the other is about half full. If you don't have the cash to purchase these rack you can always build your own with a little creativity. Good luck
29.12.2012 - 02:59
Thrashette
I moved to a different room and now have a bookshelf with some space dedicated to CD's... I found a few that I seriously have no memory of ever acquiring when I was moving them
29.12.2012 - 03:58
D
Shoe boxes
29.12.2012 - 04:14
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I'm rolling in at 150 CDs now, about 20 12" LPs and 10 7"'s. plus a handful of cassettes. I'm running out of room on my CD rack, So I need that shelf ASAP^
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.12.2012 - 16:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 28.12.2012 at 10:59

Written by Bad English on 09.11.2012 at 19:00

Written by Hellish Star on 09.11.2012 at 18:22

Cd-racks on a wall....

have you a place since I remeber in old forum somebody said you have like 5000 something and do you live in house or apparment?

I will never have space enough....

dig a celler
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.01.2013 - 02:04
squidrick420
I have the same problem as you, over 200 cd's, a lot of cassetes, and around 50 records (7" and 12"). At this point in time i have had to put my cd's into cardboard boxes, but now they are full and i dont want to keep them in boxes anymore. They make cd racks that can hold a ton of music, but i think i am just gonna go to the hardware store and build a custom shelf for them. It is relatively cheaper that way and you can design it to accommodate your room or wherever you are keeping them, you can also design it so that there are spaces for records and cassettes and whatever else you want to hold. My goal is an all in one shelf that holds all my music and all my sterio equipment.
28.01.2013 - 14:27
Jtbmetal123
I keep my stuff in a dresser that I have. Im running out of room because I have albums in the top and bottom. So Im probably going to buy a media storage. I only have cd's, no vinyl yet.
19.02.2013 - 05:31
I've changed place for my albums now. Instead of being in the self-made box I now have them in a bookcase, and really soon I have filled one shelf(I know, I don't got many CDs, but on the other side, it isn't a small bookcase, so each shelf are able to countain a couple of CDs).
----
"Everything will be ok
I'll just sit down and watch some bullshit"
-Acrania
28.02.2013 - 11:47
ToMegaTherion
I store the few thousand cds i have on bookshelfs in my loungeroom. Almost all of my cds are genuine copys (i dont like to have an album just in digital form and i like to suppor tthe artists where i can), I also have a collection of vynals that I either have stored in plastic sleeves in a perfect fitting box in the dark in my cupboard, but i have a few that are quite special that i have had framed and hanging all over my house, including an original pressing of Virgin Killer (the proper cover, not the censored) - signed by Klaus and Rudolph from the scorpions, also have an original pressing of Warlock - Burning the Witches signed by doro, and an original pressing of Black Sabbaths - Heaven and Hell signed by Tony Iommi and Dio
And dont think of steeling them, they are insured, the sabbath cost me a pretty penny and that was before Dio died.
28.02.2013 - 12:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by ToMegaTherion on 28.02.2013 at 11:47

I also have a collection of vynals that I either have stored in plastic sleeves in a perfect fitting box in the dark in my cupboard,

why would you store them in plastic sleeves in the dark?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.02.2013 - 12:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.02.2013 at 12:36

I also have a collection of vynals that I either have stored in plastic sleeves in a perfect fitting box in the dark in my cupboard,

maybe he dont use them and maybe he herad some myth that sun makes dammiges
same whit old school TV, some ppl covered it whit some towel something LOL (I heard such story from old ppl)
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.03.2013 - 15:36
ToMegaTherion
Written by Bad English on 28.02.2013 at 12:37

same whit old school TV, some ppl covered it whit some towel something LOL (I heard such story from old ppl)

) its to protect the covers, because 1 on only play the records very rarely, because most of my records i have on cd already
08.03.2013 - 15:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by ToMegaTherion on 08.03.2013 at 15:36

Written by Bad English on 28.02.2013 at 12:37

) its to protect the covers, because 1 on only play the records very rarely, because most of my records i have on cd already

oh plastic over the covers and not over the vinyl itself. Sorry, then I misunderstood you.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.03.2013 - 23:45
skrog1
In a box in my basement. I rip all my CD's to my computer and keep the CD's as master copies.

I think that's the way to do it. Yep yep.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband