Metal Storm logo
Where Do You Store Your CD's?

17.01.2012 - 03:06
Lit.
Account deleted
Lately I've been "checking my stock" of CDs and I've noticed that I have more CDs than I know what to do with. I got myself a little catalog cabinet to store them in alphabetical order, but there's still not enough space. So, I store what's left out in the open on my computer desk.
Which got me to thinking: A lot of MSers have twice, thrice and quadtrice as many CDs as me. So where do you store them all?
17.01.2012 - 03:12
Edmund Fogg

Platic container and the ones I enjoy during the week at work. But I rarely buy physical copies for myself. I mostly buy digital copies. Cheaper and takes less space. But one of my friend is a collector and he has a lybrary the size of a wall with glass doors. It's pretty impressive to see.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
17.01.2012 - 03:27
Grody2themax

I keep em in a shoebox in my car, since I'm not fortunate enough to have a way to play my ipod through my car. I need a new box though lol
17.01.2012 - 04:52
MetalSpider

I keep them on my bookshelf at home. The car I'm currently driving has USB so I plug my old iPhone into it and play music from there.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
17.01.2012 - 05:34
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I have about 60 cds. I keep them scattered across my room, sometimes in mismatched cases.

When they are organized like they are now I keep them in a nice CD rack.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.01.2012 - 11:28
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
9 cd draws and a narrow bookcase-like cabinet taller than me. Both are nearly full.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.01.2012 - 11:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Half of the cd's I own are stored in boxes at my parents' place the other 2600+ I have ordered alphabetically and then chronologically and by doom, death, black, thrash, rest genres in Gamma book cupboards. As for my vinyls, some 1000 are over at my parents'and a further 1000 ordered alphabetically and then chronologically in Ikea Expedit book cupboards.
As for cassettes the extremely rare ones (such as Metallica's No Life Till leather demo) are over at my parents' place and the rest (some 700 odd) alphabetically and then chronologically in boxes over at my place.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.01.2012 - 11:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Irritable Ted on 17.01.2012 at 11:37

What about you legendary Power Metal collection? I thought that would have pride of place.

that is part of "rest metal" when it comes to cd's
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.01.2012 - 12:54
IronAngel

Written by Irritable Ted on 17.01.2012 at 11:15

I bought shelves to fix to the wall. At the moment I have six at 120cm each. All of the bands are in alphabetical then chronological order so I know exactly where each CD is.

OCD much?

Same. I have four shelves about that length, I think. Nothing fancy, just wooden planks that can be placed anywhere. I'm not sure how many albums I have right now - somewhere between 250 and 300, but my girlfriend's CDs are also on the shelves and they amount to about 50 I think. Maybe less, considering we have a few duplicates stored out of sight.

I couldn't imagine keeping them in anything but alphabetical-chronological order.
17.01.2012 - 14:42
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.01.2012 at 11:28

Half of the cd's I own are stored in boxes at my parents' place the other 2600+ I have ordered alphabetically and then chronologically and by doom, death, black, thrash, rest genres in Gamma book cupboards. As for my vinyls, some 1000 are over at my parents'and a further 1000 ordered alphabetically and then chronologically in Ikea Expedit book cupboards.
As for cassettes the extremely rare ones (such as Metallica's No Life Till leather demo) are over at my parents' place and the rest (some 700 odd) alphabetically and then chronologically in boxes over at my place.

Can I have one?

I can't imagine having that many!
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.01.2012 - 15:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Irritable Ted on 17.01.2012 at 11:15

I bought shelves to fix to the wall. At the moment I have six at 120cm each. All of the bands are in alphabetical then chronological order so I know exactly where each CD is.

OCD much?

Not really, I'm the same... I just hate the thought of searching for more than 5 minutes just to take a cd.
I currently have 2 of those cd-shelves which are full and one big shelf with more cds and films, books and shit. I don't have place for anymore cds tbh, so I have like 7 in a table while I think about what I'm going to do Probably a random box under my bed will do the trick for now.

I have a big cd shelf in my garage but I can't use it because there's no mor eplace in my room for forniture It seems I have to move at some point.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.01.2012 - 15:17
Tormentor666

I have a new shelf where I keep them, although I don't put them in alphabetical order, or genre for that matter, but I'm starting to think that I should.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17.01.2012 - 15:46
ANGEL REAPER

Since I dont use CDs i dont have problems with storing them...Digital age fuck yeah!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
17.01.2012 - 17:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I had a fancy double-sided CD stand but filled it up and then sold 90% of them to pawn shops before I moved across the country.

I probably won't buy many CDs from now on but I'd still like to continue with my meager vinyl collection. And I'd like to have them on my wall like posters.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.01.2012 - 17:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.01.2012 at 14:42

when I was 15 I only had a couple of vinyls and quite a few cassettes, so you got more than enough time to acquire loads before you're 43, just like I did
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.01.2012 - 17:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.01.2012 at 17:22

Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.01.2012 at 14:42

when I was 15 I only had a couple of vinyls and quite a few cassettes, so you got more than enough time to acquire loads before you're 43, just like I did

I suppose your right. I usually pick up seven or eight a month, thanks to my local used cd shop.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.01.2012 - 19:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Non of min CD is whit me in SWE but they are in shells , one day I will take all, so far hard drive where is muisc for me , I dont trus aiport badagde guys they knows how toi truw ludage
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2012 - 20:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.01.2012 at 17:24

Heh, don't worry dude. When I was your age I probably had the same amount as yours and now I have around 340. It's kind of a natural growning, you don't notice it until someone else points it out and you go all "holy shit...".

Dude, I just checked out your collection and you have a lot of different ac/dc variations, same with Shadows Fall and Static-X You should probably change that.
----
Rod, let me love you.
18.01.2012 - 01:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.01.2012 at 20:33

Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.01.2012 at 17:24

Heh, don't worry dude. When I was your age I probably had the same amount as yours and now I have around 340. It's kind of a natural growning, you don't notice it until someone else points it out and you go all "holy shit...".

Dude, I just checked out your collection and you have a lot of different ac/dc variations, same with Shadows Fall and Static-X You should probably change that.

Trades?

Shadows Fall is amazing, the Static-X one was $2 and the AC/DC ones I share with my dad.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.01.2012 - 01:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Boxcar Willy on 18.01.2012 at 01:24
Shadows Fall is amazing, the Static-X one was $2 and the AC/DC ones I share with my dad.

Nah, what I was trying to tell you is that you have all your AC/DC cds under different "names" because you wrote AC/DC differently several times. Sames with the other bands I mentioned.
----
Rod, let me love you.
18.01.2012 - 01:33
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.01.2012 at 01:32

Written by Boxcar Willy on 18.01.2012 at 01:24

Nah, what I was trying to tell you is that you have all your AC/DC cds under different "names" because you wrote AC/DC differently several times. Sames with the other bands I mentioned.

I know :/

I should fix it.

EDIT: fixed.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.01.2012 - 00:44
JacksonGuitars

I keep mine well organized and in cases, so as to not scratch, as you can see:

lol
19.01.2012 - 02:14
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Three levels of a bookshelf double stacked, as well as several hundred in milk crates. it's a chaotic fucking mess, really.

my nice stereo is dead and the mrs stole my mini system for her classroom, so I just listen to shit on my pc or headphones.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.01.2012 - 02:43
Ghostdancer

One entire wall of my living room is devoted to that...I keep them stored alphabetically in bookcases. The problem is I will probably run out of space before the end of the year. I'm thinking of just using a spare bedroom for this purpose in the future.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
19.01.2012 - 03:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ghostdancer on 19.01.2012 at 02:43

One entire wall of my living room is devoted to that...I keep them stored alphabetically in bookcases. The problem is I will probably run out of space before the end of the year. I'm thinking of just using a spare bedroom for this purpose in the future.

an entire wall, wow, nice.
How many cd's would that be?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.01.2012 - 05:30
Ghostdancer

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.01.2012 at 03:18

Written by Ghostdancer on 19.01.2012 at 02:43

an entire wall, wow, nice.
How many cd's would that be?

3500+ in the main collection and around 25 box sets. I've got about 250 "reject" CDs stored in a closet. I wish my vinyl collection was as large as yours. I've got about 300 in my main collection, which I keep in my entertainment center (I took the doors off the bottom storage area and converted it into a large shelf for vinyl). I've also got another 40 to 50 I keep in the same closet as my "reject" CDs.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
19.01.2012 - 05:33
BlueMobius
Account deleted
My approximately 350 CDs are stored inside a fairly big cabinet and my small vinyl collection rests upon a shelf. I plan to build some sort of CD shelf thing eventually to hold my CDs.
19.01.2012 - 16:41
Pondscum

I've have a nice pine cd rack that holds 700 or so, some more in a large lazy-susan dvd rack and the rest stored in cd boxes or milk crates in the garage.
20.01.2012 - 20:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
My dad has a huge rack where about 60 to 200 CD's can be easily classified with different shelf of different genre's. Latest to include "Deathcore" "Hardcore Punk" and still more labels to print it out. But a problem is "its not safe from my mom's hands". She can throw all the Metal crap at anytime!! so we are thinking off to move all the stuff to the basement as she hates the most to go in.
20.01.2012 - 22:31
Edmund Fogg

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 20.01.2012 at 20:38

My dad has a huge rack where about 60 to 200 CD's can be easily classified with different shelf of different genre's. Latest to include "Deathcore" "Hardcore Punk" and still more labels to print it out. But a problem is "its not safe from my mom's hands". She can throw all the Metal crap at anytime!! so we are thinking off to move all the stuff to the basement as she hates the most to go in.

Haha! Put in somewhere even safer: The garage or even better, disguise the shelf as a toolbox.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan