Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - To Release New Live DVD

EMI Records press release:

EMI are proud to announce the release of a new live Iron Maiden Blu-Ray, 2 DVD set and double soundtrack album on Monday, March 26th (March 27th Canada and USA (via UMe)).

En Vivo! was filmed on 10th April 2011 in front of over 50,000 ecstatic fans at the Estadio Nacional, Santiago during the Round The World In 66 Days leg of The Final Frontier World Tour, and captures a magnificent performance by the band, ardently embraced by the legendary Latino passion and energy of their Chilean fans.

The concert was filmed digitally using 22 HD cameras and an octocam (a flying camera which captures aerial crowd scenes), recorded in both stereo and 5.1 audio and mixed by Maiden's longstanding producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley.

DVD Disc Two is a bonus disc containing an 88-minute documentary, "Behind The Beast". The bonus disc also contains an extended version of the promo video "Satellite 15...The Final Frontier", a video about the making of "Satellite 15...The Final Frontier" plus the opening video sequence to The Final Frontier World Tour. In addition to the Blu-Ray, the 2 DVD will initially be available as a limited edition double DVD in collectors steel book case and double vinyl picture disc. As well as a traditional 2 CD soundtrack album, En Vivo! will also be available as a digital download, CD soundtrack album and digital download video.

En Vivo! tracklist and cover art:

DVD Disc I
Live At Estadio Nacional, Santiago (approx running time 120 mins)

01. Satellite 15
02. The Final Frontier
03. El Dorado
04. 2 Minutes To Midnight
05. The Talisman
06. Coming Home
07. Dance Of Death
08. The Trooper
09. The Wicker Man
10. Blood Brothers
11. When The Wild Wind Blows
12. The Evil That Men Do
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden
15. The Number Of The Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Running Free

DVD Disc II [Bonus Disc]
Behind The Beast (approx running time 102 mins)

01. Behind The Beast documentary
02. Satellite 15... The Final Frontier promo video [director's cut]
03. The Making of Satellite 15... The Final Frontier promo
04. The Final Frontier World Tour Show Intro

[Also thanks to kual21 for sending in this news!]

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 17.01.2012 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   Visited by: 195 users
17.01.2012 - 19:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
That setlist is awful...
17.01.2012 - 19:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Caaaaaasssshhhhhgraaaab
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.01.2012 - 19:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.01.2012 - 19:47
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.01.2012 at 19:40

http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=34873 ?

A few of those songs definitely would qualify for that.

I am tired of seeing "greatest hits" setlists from Maiden, but I'd rather see yet another one of them, than see a setlist like the one for this DVD...
17.01.2012 - 19:51
Stratowarrior

Great setlist and excelent crowd down there in Santiago
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
17.01.2012 - 19:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I'm not buying this, that's for sure.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.01.2012 - 20:18
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Flashbacks are coming to me...

"IRON MAIDEN's April 8 and April 10 concerts in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile, respectively, will be professionally filmed and recorded for a future DVD release.

In a recent interview with Chile's Futuro 88.9 FM, IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris stated about the DVD upcoming shoot, "We will record two shows. We will use footage from both concerts for the DVD."

Maybe they noticed we Argentinians are too ugly for a DVD release?
17.01.2012 - 20:20
vezzy
Stallmanite
Whoever made that cover sucks at Photoshop.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
17.01.2012 - 20:22
Mountain King
K i K o
Pointless...
17.01.2012 - 20:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Los De Abajo
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2012 - 20:44
AndMetalForAll
kual21
Great news!
----
greets,
kual21
17.01.2012 - 21:26
moe5512

Good setlist but must they really release a dvd every year?
17.01.2012 - 21:51
NeverAgain

Written by vezzy on 17.01.2012 at 20:20

Whoever made that cover sucks at Photoshop MS Paint.

Fixed.
17.01.2012 - 22:09
Milena
gloom cookie
I'd drop El Dorado for me, the rest of the songs are more or less my "unusual" Maiden choices. I'll probably watch this eventually but I think it's pointless, only a really really big fan would be excited over this. I haven't even watched all their current DVDs, I have no time for that.
----
7.0 means the album is good
17.01.2012 - 22:40
Danyael

Oh come oooon already with those live albums. jeez.
17.01.2012 - 23:11
sbgmetal

Yea... imma jus dl it
17.01.2012 - 23:49
Danyael

I'm kinda starting to feel sorry for all the people who swore to own the entire maiden discography lol.
18.01.2012 - 00:01
@gent_-_orange

This DVD has no reason to exist, Well apart from the money of course.
18.01.2012 - 00:17
RavenKing

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.01.2012 at 19:37

Caaaaaasssshhhhhgraaaab

As I said recently, Maiden became the masters of cashgrab. Or should we say the masters of pointless releases?
Since Bruce's return, all they care for is money and their new albums are boring as fuck.

This band became so commercial and sold out since Bruce's return. I remember a time when Bruce said that he had left Maiden because he was "sick of all those mummies". However, what happened is Maiden's career without Bruce was a total disaster and Bruce's solo career wasn't very succesful either, so they reunited for monetary reasons.
And since that time, they release compilations, lives, DVD's and any kind of cashgrab we can imagine.
I never said on this forum and will never say that their 80s albums suck. They are classics, and rightfully so.
But damn I hate the current incarnation of this band.

By the way, no matter how many lives they release, it will never come close to "Live After Death".
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
18.01.2012 - 00:18
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 17.01.2012 at 19:36

That setlist is awful...

Yeah, indeed. If you ask me, there are only 6 good songs out of the bunch.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
18.01.2012 - 00:50
Stabby
Account deleted
Needs more Charlotte The Harlot and less El Dorado and The Trooper. I know everyone loves The Trooper but I'm totally sick of it. I used to play in a band where we would start every practice by playing The Trooper. Never again!
18.01.2012 - 01:36
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I am both HUGE Maiden and Rush fan but they both release waaaay too many live albums...
----
rekt
18.01.2012 - 02:27
farfaramir

Well, at least here in chile everyone is happy
18.01.2012 - 03:13
Emgonchess

Certainly, I am not going to buy this. For the first time in 20 years I will skip a Maiden's album.
18.01.2012 - 03:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 18.01.2012 at 00:18
Yeah, indeed. If you ask me, there are only 6 good songs out of the bunch.

I'd strip out all the Final Frontier songs (aside from "El Dorado"), the boring "Blood Brothers", and "The Wicker Man". The latter is an okay song, but I feel it's very overrated, and prefer most of the other songs on "Brave New World" to it. So at least half of the setlist, I would change. If I actually went to see Maiden live, and they played that setlist, I'd be very disappointed. I definitely won't be shelling out for this DVD, which will be the first time I haven't bought a live concert DVD/video by Maiden.

And yep, "Live After Death" is untouchable, and one of the greatest live albums/videos of all time.
18.01.2012 - 08:38
Dylan

The Talisman?? You pick that over something like Coming Home or The Man Who Would Be King from Final Frontier? The Alchemist would be a fun live song aswell.. but the Talisman? Really?

Also this blows because it lacks their best song ever, Powerslave.
18.01.2012 - 09:24
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.01.2012 at 03:44
untouchable
How say ye re: Rock in Rio? BTW, you're also able to rate Living Colour on MS

Needlessnegativity
TIYL LI
AYJPYB
W/M\W|H
GTOGRE
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
18.01.2012 - 11:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Syk on 18.01.2012 at 09:24

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.01.2012 at 03:44
untouchable
How say ye re: Rock in Rio? BTW, you're also able to rate Living Colour on MS

That is a great show to be sure, but I still feel that "Live After Death" is the ultimate live document of Maiden.

Back when I joined MS, Living Colour were not on the site, and I nominated them ages ago to be put here, and it's great that they are now. A very underrated band for sure.
18.01.2012 - 11:45
deflektor

While it sounds like a caaashhhgraaab (and probably is,especially for the "new" EMI as a subsidiary of Univer$al) ,it's their third "proper" live dvd release (to promote a new album) in 10 years ,the others are: two DVDs with rarities/clips,one rerelease (for the first time in digital format) of their classic live + some rare footage and finally a documentary+a best of "golden years" in live format .
so for me (and probably some other iron maiden fans) the amount of DVDs is not too bad,3-4 "must have" and 3 "optional" releases.
18.01.2012 - 12:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Yup, it's an attempt to suck out as much money as possible out of this tour and their last album which was thoroughly disappointing. However they did release a new live album or DVD after almost each album in their history, so it was expected.

I might download and watch this for the lulz, regardless of setlist Maiden have always been one of the best live bands out there.

Hits total: 5102 | This month: 5