Metal Storm logo
Similar to Woods of Ypres

20.01.2012 - 05:37
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I've really been into WoY lately, and I was wondering if anybody knows any bands similar to them.

any help is appreciated.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.01.2012 - 06:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Boxcar Willy on 20.01.2012 at 05:37
I've really been into WoY lately, and I was wondering if anybody knows any bands similar to them.

Katatonia, Novembre, Fen, The Morningside, Kauan, Forest of Shadows, and The Fall of Every Season should keep you more than satisfied.

None of them sound exactly like WoY, but their modern works can be compared to Kat/Novembre with the whole progressive-ish doomy alt-metal stuff. Fen has that "nature/pagan" feel and play a mix of atmo-black and post-rock. The Morningside is probably the closest in terms of similar sound. Kauan is a mix of Fen and The Morningside. Forest of Shadows is... just awesome. (Six Waves of Woe is a personal favorite.) And The Fall of Every Season is just some good melodic, accessible doom.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.01.2012 - 10:32
Mikyz
WoY's vocalist David Gold, is it? Sounds a lot like Peter Steele in my opinion, so even if it's not the same genre you should go ahead and check Type O Negative. If not, I guess Katatonia might do the trick.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
20.01.2012 - 16:43
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I found agalloch to be similar
20.01.2012 - 20:21
IronAngel
The Flight of Sleipnir have this doomy, folky thing going. Not the same, but I imagine it caters to similar tastes.

20.01.2012 - 20:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
The Flight Of Sleipnir is superior to the Paradise Lost wannabees called Woods Of Ypres. Really why listen to Woods Of Ypres, especially to IV and V when all they do there is recycle the same discarded PL riffs over and over again in every single song?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.01.2012 - 23:29
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.01.2012 at 20:30

The Flight Of Sleipnir is superior to the Paradise Lost wannabees called Woods Of Ypres. Really why listen to Woods Of Ypres, especially to IV and V when all they do there is recycle the same discarded PL riffs over and over again in every single song?

D:
I can't believe you just said that...

I don't know how to respond. WoY and David Gold were amazing.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS