21. The Game [live]
22. Voices [live]
23. Down With The Sickness [live]

Additional info
Dan Donegan - guitar
David Draiman - vocals
Mike Wengren - drums, programming
Fuzz - bass

Ted Jensen remastered the album for the 10th Anniversary Edition.

Guest review by
Axe Argonian
Rating:
Considered by some die-hard fans to be the best work that Disturbed has ever recorded, The Sickness, the band's very first record, truly is not as impressive as its hype and success have pretentiously made it appear to be. Despite the fact that every man and his dog have heard successful songs like "Down with the Sickness" and "Stupify," The Sickness shows a lack of brain matter in songwriting and the unprofessional inclination to employ repetitive, mind-numbing guitar riffs. Yet, the sheer mindlessness is what makes The Sickness somewhat of a fun listen. So is this album actually worth a listen? That depends on how much one can stomach the nonsense.

Read more ››
published 13.11.2010 | Comments (22)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 550 users
20.01.2012 - 10:13
Rating: 7
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
This was more or less the beginning of my metal journey... and in my opinion it receives a lot of unwarranted negative attention due to Disturbed being unfairly wedged into the nu metal scene. I still listen to a few songs for nostalgic purposes (same goes for Believe), and definitely enjoy singing along to a lot of the songs.

Perhaps it's fitting this comment reflects the end of my journey at Metal Storm.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.01.2012 - 12:37
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Y U NO SAY GOODBYE TROY?!

20.01.2012 - 22:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.01.2012 at 10:13
Perhaps it's fitting this comment reflects the end of my journey at Metal Storm.

Goddammit Troy....
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
31.07.2012 - 18:47
musicalkaratekid

I know Disturbed are a successful and everything...

...but this album is just plain bad. Only 'Voices' and 'Down with the Sickness' stop it from being the worst album I've ever heard.
16.02.2013 - 10:36
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I'm with Troy, I would rate this album lower, but this was part of how I got into metal, and the nostalgia factor keeps me from viewing this objectively. Stupify and Meaning of Life are still fun songs; at least it's better than a lot of other shitty alternative metal out there.

This doesn't deserve as high as a 7 rating, but I can't help it. It's decent enough to earn the C grade.
----
24.10.2013 - 06:35
Lião
Account deleted
First four songs are catchy, also the TFF cover.

Well, most time it was a common, copycat nu metal, but at least I found a enjoyable New Wave Band here
11.02.2018 - 17:16
Rating: 8
Cobalto

Great album \m/
06.03.2020 - 14:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
DISTURBED frontman David Draiman has confirmed that the band won't perform its 2000 debut album "The Sickness" in its entirety on "The Sickness 20th Anniversary Tour

Tour:
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/disturbed-wont-perform-entire-the-sickness-album-on-20th-anniversary-tour/
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.07.2022 - 08:30
Rating: 6
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Nothing memorable about this debut it's pretty average tbh, the vocals are good but the music and songwriting is very generic.

I thought "Shout 2000" was a fairly decent song, nothing special though, and the rest was average.
12.01.2023 - 17:03
Rating: 8
metalbrat

'Down with the Sickness' is one among my all time favorite songs
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘

Hits total: 12285 | This month: 31