Metal Storm logo
Whyzdom - Vocalist Leaves, Band Seeking Replacement

The French symphonic metal band, Whyzdom, has announced that vocalist Clémentine has departed prior to recording vocals for the band's latest album. The band now seeks her immediate replacement.

"Dear Friends,

Our heart is bleeding today. It is with an immense sadness that we have to inform you that Clémentine is leaving Whyzdom. We had such incredible moments together, on stage, in the studio, on tour. We shared dreams, emotions, laughters and tears.

But today, Clémentine wants to get involved in other great projects that have become dear to her, and that prevent her from being totally devoted to Whyzdom success. After several weeks of discussions, we came together to the conclusion that it would be impossible to her to have such several important projects at the same time with similar schedule. We are so sad of this situation... but Clémentine finally had to make a choice that we totally respect: she's leaving the band to give 100% of herself in another adventure.

From the bottom of our heart, we wish her the success that she deserves.

On the other hand, we want to say the most important thing for us: Whyzdom is ALIVE AND KICKING! Our second album "Blind?" is in the final mixing step - except for the lead vocals. It's an album we're immensely proud of. So we would like to ask you to spread the word: Whyzdom and all the fans are waiting for their new frontwoman, to give her voice and her heart to this album, and to share all these dreams with us and with you!

Thank you all for your constant support! See you all very soon!"

------

The band later added on their official Facebook page:

"There's a time for tears. And now comes the time for hope!

SO! If you feel you have a heart big enough to share your love of music with us and Whyzdom fans. If you want to finally find an artistic family you can rely on, a whole team to support you and help you giving the best of yourself. If nothing scares you - work, failure, doubt, uncertainty. If you are free, not engaged to another band, ready to give the highest priority not only to Whyzdom but also to Whyzdom fans...

Then you might be the person we've been dreaming to welcome in our family. Please contact us quickly. Prepare a mp3 demo and some photos, or point us to your blog/FB/Myspace, whatever.

You might ask what kind of voice we're looking for, so here are some technical details: we need a voice able to sing in a great dynamic range, from piano to forte. We need a voice capable of reaching at least B on sustained notes (chest/ rock voice), C/D on occasional notes. We are not interested in lyrical voice, except for choir, but that's another story. But most of all, we need to feel EMOTION in your voice. We want you to draw tears from our eyes, we want to feel our heart beat faster when you sing.

No need to have a killer demo recorded in a big studio. An a cappella song recorded on a low end mobile phone is absolutely ok. Don't be shy and don't think we're not able to hear talent through bad quality recordings.

We're waiting for you. Impatiently."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Whyzdom
Posted: 20.01.2012 by Jason W.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 43 users
20.01.2012 - 14:30
Jiri
Jiri is definitely trying out for this vacant position.
20.01.2012 - 15:14
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by Jiri on 20.01.2012 at 14:30

Jiri is definitely trying out for this vacant position.

Just in case Draconian fails, huh?
----
7.0 means the album is good
20.01.2012 - 16:10
Jiri
Quote:
Just in case Draconian fails, huh?

Yes. I sent in my demo for Draconian and haven't heard back from them, so I need a back up plan. They might be male-hatin. Whyzdom should be perfect! I don't think they are big enough to discriminate, you know what I sayin? Hopefully I nail down this frontwoman position!
20.01.2012 - 17:37
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Best of luck to the band in finding a stellar vocalist to record with. They seem so pleased with the music already!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
21.01.2012 - 01:14
Symmachus
She left already? That was short, but I can respect the decision. I hope she can be successful and enjoy what she does; same with Whyzdom. Seriously, though, that was short.

Hits total: 2536 | This month: 4