04. Black Daze
05. Save Yourself
06. Drop The Hammer Down
07. 21st Century Man
08. Old Wounds, New Scars
09. All Over But The Shouting
10. Good Night

Additional info
Recorded and mixed at Gain Studios in New Jersey.

Staff review by
Daniell
Rating:
This is a year when old masters show us how it's done. First, in the death metal enclave, Asphyx showed us how real death metal is supposed to sound, and now it's time for the somehow stale thrash pond full of seemingly fresh fish who stink of plagiarism to be shown the real thrash deal. Overkill, who already swept the thrash scene clean 2 years ago with Ironbound, are back with The Electric Age.

Read more ››
published 03.04.2012 | Comments (38)

Well whaddayaknow. Another good Overkill release.

wormdrink414's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: Daniell, Ag Fox, Promonex
Bandcamp music player

Found in 44 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 3

Comments: 67   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 1031 users
19.07.2015 - 22:29
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by deadone on 19.07.2015 at 11:34

No way. It's good but not that good. The song writing and the sound are behind Ironbound let alone classics like Years oF Decay and Horrorscope. In fact the sound is somewhat sterile and mechanical.

Well, I actually think that the production is fine, I like it, after all, is not a wall of sound. Even if I used to love their early stuff, it seems that the love has been disappearing since some time. Nowadays, I think that those albums are just ok.

I never understood why Ironbound gets so much love, okay I know that the album was a return to form, but it was just decent, not that great. The Electric Age was an improvement over the songwriting, and it's one of those albums I can count on when I'm in the mood of some modern thrash.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
20.07.2015 - 02:11
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by deadone on 20.07.2015 at 01:50

Opinion

Tbh, The Electric Age was the second album I've ever heard from them, the first one was The Years Of Decay, and that album didn't age well imo.
----
23.08.2015 - 22:42
Maco
Pvt Funderground
This is their best album.
----
03.08.2016 - 16:43
Rating: 8
Joppe
Steelemeister
IMO Ironbound and The Electric Age are pretty equal albums in quality. I wouldn't call them exceptionally good or remarkable thrash masterpieces, but they have songs that are highly enjoyable on album and on live as well.
----
My vision is augmented
26.09.2016 - 23:46
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.08.2014 at 20:20

Nothing special at all.

Seems to be so. Weird considering how much everyone seem to praise this. Gets very boring from the fourth track. Definitely lacking that headbanging thrash aspect and too much mid paced passages and boring riffs.
27.09.2016 - 06:18
Rating: 5
Dr. Strawberry

Written by 3rdWorld on 26.09.2016 at 23:46

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.08.2014 at 20:20

Nothing special at all.

Seems to be so. Weird considering how much everyone seem to praise this. Gets very boring from the fourth track. Definitely lacking that headbanging thrash aspect and too much mid paced passages and boring riffs.

I think it's because they're fresh to Overkill..., as an extremely hardcore Overkill fan like me (almost waiting for Overkill's new release everyday in my wet dream in the 90's), I clearly heard a lot of cut and paste on their later releases. Zero creativity.
30.12.2017 - 03:13
Rating: 6
DeathMetal

Old and tired. That's what I hear.

Hits total: 22110 | This month: 32