Do you consider yourself to be..?

Of above average intelligence
Very Intelligent
Of average intelligence
Not intelligent at all

Total votes: 31
23.01.2012 - 09:27
Renard Solitaire

I'm not talking about academic achievement or IQ tests. I'm merely wondering about your perception of yourself.
23.01.2012 - 09:55
Daniell
_爱情_
It's kind of obvious that everyone will consider themselves intelligent, so whatever people say, they will tend to exaggerate their intellectual prowess.
23.01.2012 - 10:00
vezzy
Stallmanite
Whoever votes more than "of average intelligence" is an egocentric, narcissistic... asshole.

However, I do agree with the OP. This way we can build a completely verified and honest statistic of average metalhead intelligence.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
23.01.2012 - 19:59
Renard Solitaire

Written by Guest on 23.01.2012 at 10:38

The problem with self perception is that its gravitated towards societal standards., i.e you define intelligence based on what people around u say and think intelligence is.,
i dont think its a good way of checking the intelligence of metalheads.
By loving this genre alone from other trashy music genres,that qualifies some degree of intelligence

I was only wondering about your opinion of yourself, nothing more.
Of course, most people will perceive themselves to be more intelligent and more beautiful than they actually are. Overrating yourself is a good self-esteem booster.
24.01.2012 - 01:07
listmor

Where is the genius option. What makes you think that there are no metal heads that are in the genius range.

You have also forgotten Zombie class.
24.01.2012 - 01:38
IronAngel

This is actually a very interesting topic. We would need to run the same poll on another music forum to compare results, though. I do not think this will tell anything about our intelligence, but simply getting information about our general self-perception is curious.

I consider myself very intelligent. I may over-estimate my mental prowess, but even accounting for that I'm probably well above average. (I don't think I would perform exceptionally well in an IQ test, though; I work better with language and propositions than shapes or numbers.) I won't explain myself, though, because that would be too egotistical even for me.

On another note, I don't like it when people underestimate themselves or make a show of false humility. There's nothing wrong with being smart and knowing it. You'll never achieve anything great if you don't think you can be exceptional. There's a difference between being confident but critical and self-evaluating, and being blind and arrogant.
24.01.2012 - 02:22
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Daniell on 23.01.2012 at 09:55

It's kind of obvious that everyone will consider themselves intelligent, so whatever people say, they will tend to exaggerate their intellectual prowess.

It would depend on what environment that they're asked in. In an online metal forum I think you might be right.
18.04.2015 - 14:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
More as mainstream people, less as intellectual ppl , scientists, writers, bla bla, and I cant judge my self, its not possible, there are test IQ something , in some spheres I know a lot in some wary little, and I cant judge my self
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.04.2015 - 20:43
Guib
Thrash Talker
Average I suppose... I don't think I'm dumb nor do I think I'm above anyone else.

Except maybe for this guy ­­>>>>>>>> (Idiot)
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.04.2015 - 22:29
Joppe
Steelemeister
Not intelligent at all
----
My vision is augmented
19.04.2015 - 00:34
angel.
Evil Butterfly
The fact that two people chose "Not Intelligent At All" shows how reliable is the result of this vote.
----
The Fangirl.
19.04.2015 - 01:52
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by angel. on 19.04.2015 at 00:34

The fact that two people chose "Not Intelligent At All" shows how reliable is the result of this vote.

Ego issues
----
My vision is augmented
19.04.2015 - 02:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by angel. on 19.04.2015 at 00:34

good its here, it can be parliament elections
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.04.2015 - 06:12
Lit.
Account deleted
I read through this thread and the first thing that pops into my intelligent mind is

20.04.2015 - 02:20
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 19.04.2015 at 06:12

I read through this thread and the first thing that pops into my intelligent mind is

You're not even intelligent enough to post a photo that we can be able to read the text on it. You're dismissed of the intelligence club, choose the I'm not intelligent at all vote, Aye !
----
The Fangirl.
20.04.2015 - 02:53
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by deadone on 20.04.2015 at 02:42

I'd say I'm just average.

I definitely disagree.
----
The Fangirl.
20.04.2015 - 03:04
no one
Account deleted
Who fuckin knows
20.04.2015 - 03:20
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 20.04.2015 at 02:20

You're not even intelligent enough to post a photo that we can be able to read the text on it. You're dismissed of the intelligence club, choose the I'm not intelligent at all vote, Aye !

Right click on the photo, click "Open Image In New Tab" and be amazed. See, I'm so brilliant I pre-planned a response to an insult even you did not know you would use.
20.04.2015 - 03:21
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by deadone on 20.04.2015 at 03:14
I hope that's not a thinly veiled insult...Anyhow I know my limits and my strengths. It's defintely average just like the rest of you

I have no intention of insult but you can take is as you would like, I'm not responsible for your assumption.

However, if anyone is intelligent is enough then he/she can't really talk about the amount his/her own intelligence, just saying. Even the systematic experiments cannot measure intelligence of particular subject. You might be highly intelligence or the other way round.
----
The Fangirl.
20.04.2015 - 03:23
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 20.04.2015 at 03:20

Right click on the photo, click "Open Image In New Tab" and be amazed. See, I'm so brilliant I pre-planned a response to an insult even you did not know you would use.

INSULT ? People of MS are easily insulted tonight I guess, then again I have no intention of insawwwlt you ! But you can take it as you want and I am not responsible for your assumption.
----
The Fangirl.
20.04.2015 - 03:34
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 20.04.2015 at 03:23

Written by Guest on 20.04.2015 at 03:20

INSULT ? People of MS are easily insulted tonight I guess, then again I have no intention of insawwwlt you ! But you can take it as you want and I am not responsible for your assumption.

Really, now the only insult I see is how seriously you're taking this. I was just having a little fun and you decided to get your knickers in a knot about it.
20.04.2015 - 03:37
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 20.04.2015 at 03:34

Really, now the only insult I see is how seriously you're taking this. I was just having a little fun and you decided to get your knickers in a knot about it.

OH ! The humor wasn't underlined enough that it couldn't be read easily.
----
The Fangirl.
20.04.2015 - 03:39
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 20.04.2015 at 03:37

it couldn't be read easily.

How very apropos considering what thread we're in.
20.04.2015 - 03:45
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 20.04.2015 at 03:39

How very apropos considering what thread we're in.

* giggles *
----
The Fangirl.
20.04.2015 - 10:22
no one
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 20.04.2015 at 02:20

i could read it easy, your eyes obviously aren't as intelligent as mine.
22.04.2015 - 10:06
Ganondox

Written by vezzy on 23.01.2012 at 10:00

Whoever votes more than "of average intelligence" is an egocentric, narcissistic... asshole.
Well, I'm sorry, but I'd be lying to vote otherwise if you knew and my performance it would be pretty obvious I'm not of average intelligence. Deep down I don't really feel I'm very intelligent, I just feel I'm me, but it's to think that when everyone calls you a genius for some reason.

Written by IronAngel on 24.01.2012 at 01:38
(I don't think I would perform exceptionally well in an IQ test, though; I work better with language and propositions than shapes or numbers.)

IQ tests actually mainly test verbal intelligence, so you should do pretty well on an IQ test.