Posted by 3rdWorld, 24.01.2012 - 08:57
I listened to the following albums recently
Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk
Absu - Abzu
Immortal - All Shall Fall
Destroyer 666 - Defiance
1349 - Demonoir
Mayhem - Wolf Lair Abyss EP
I would like Black metal listeners to suggest me some original ,very high speed riffing,Blastbeat-filled,wall-of-sound produced, Black/Blackened Death albums that are original and have good repetitive listening ability.I wouldn't like the production to be very low-fi,so suggest albums with a fairly modern production style.
25.01.2012 - 22:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by 3rdWorld on 25.01.2012 at 17:49

Seems the band is getting better as they age.The Song From apostasy was way better than the one from Demigod.

Heh, you are one of the few ones (actually, I don't remember anyone) that says that they are getting better.
To me they are slowly going downhill... It's just the same album been done over and over again... Evangelion was like Apostasy... and Apostasy was like Demigod, only watered down versions.

Here is another song, from the album previous to Demigod. One of my favorite openings to an album. The vocals are just awesome and the drums... yeah.

----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.01.2012 - 22:42
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.01.2012 at 22:37

Seems the band is getting better as they age.The Song From apostasy was way better than the one from Demigod.

Heh, you are one of the few ones (actually, I don't remember anyone) that says that they are getting better.
To me they are slowly going downhill... It's just the same album been done over and over again... Evangelion was like Apostasy... and Apostasy was like Demigod, only watered down versions.

I was hinting at it and not concluding anything Doc, i was referring to the experience from listening those two tracks and comparing them.
25.01.2012 - 22:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by 3rdWorld on 25.01.2012 at 22:42

I was hinting at it and not concluding anything Doc, i was referring to the experience from listening those two tracks and comparing them.

So? I'm just giving my opinion about it. Not like I'm attacking you...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.01.2012 - 23:37
@gent_-_orange

Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.01.2012 at 22:37

Here is another song, from the album previous to Demigod. One of my favorite openings to an album. The vocals are just awesome and the drums... yeah.

Agreed with this, There "Mid Era" before Demigod was the band at its best. Satanica Is a great album and probably their best, Its quite underrated compared to the more recent Behemoth material. OP should check that album if you want to hear the band Black/Death metal at its most inspired, Its probably the fastest album they have done as well.
26.01.2012 - 00:58
enumaelis

Written by 3rdWorld on 25.01.2012 at 17:29

Written by enumaelis on 25.01.2012 at 14:11

Anorexia Nervosa is also quite intense Black Metal with orchestral arrangements

So these guys have done a "Fleshgod Apocalypse" back in 2001!! Quite interesting and wondering whether the production is a little low-fi sounding like that or whether its that youtube video thing.Brilliant band for sure.Great Suggestion.

didn't check Fleshgod Apocalypse yet, but it's in my "must listen" list since some time ago And yes, in the album sounds better than the Youtube video. I was reading rumours that they might be back in a near future, but nothing confirmed yet. Would be a great comeback!

By the way, agreed with the Behemoth matter. I think Satanica and Thelema.6 are probably amongst the 10 Death Metal albums I have listened the most in my life. The last ones, specially the very last... didnt tell me anything really new
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
26.01.2012 - 05:16
3rdWorld
China was a neat
The first time i came to know of Behemoth was from the Opening track and the single off Evangelion.I dont know whether they are getting bad or worse with time.It's still a great album ,the last one.And maybe the next one will be one of the fiercest they will ever put.I m looking forward to it this year.
26.01.2012 - 16:06
Slayer666

I'm in the process of reviewing this. It won't get high grades from me or anything, but the OP might dig it.
30.10.2013 - 01:38
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Well, let me revive this thread myself for old times sake.

This german Industrial Techdeath band has a lot of Hyperblasts.
30.10.2013 - 03:07
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by 3rdWorld on 30.10.2013 at 01:38

This german Industrial Techdeath band has a lot of Hyperblasts.
Monumental Torment

Last I checked Monumental Torment was a Russian non-Industrial Tech Death band...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

30.10.2013 - 05:43
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by psykometal on 30.10.2013 at 03:07

Last I checked Monumental Torment was a Russian non-Industrial Tech Death band...

Well I got the nationality wrong but the drums are entirely programmed and sound nothing like real drums, hence its pretty industrial imo.
30.10.2013 - 17:17
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by 3rdWorld on 30.10.2013 at 05:43

Well I got the nationality wrong but the drums are entirely programmed and sound nothing like real drums, hence its pretty industrial imo.

Yea, they are programmed, but not because they were aiming for an Industrial sound; and they really don't make the album sound like an Industrial album at all. They just didn't have a drummer, and either due to inexperience or lack of funding probably either couldn't afford to get a better drum program, or do a better job of picking a more natural sound during recording. They don't consider themselves Industrial, and neither does anyone else.

They were aiming to be like Braindrill, not The Berzerker. Supposedly they are using Alex Hernandez-Bent (Arkaik) as a session drummer, so their next album should actually sound like a more proper tech death album.
----

30.10.2013 - 21:24
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by psykometal on 30.10.2013 at 17:17

Yea, they are programmed, but not because they were aiming for an Industrial sound; and they really don't make the album sound like an Industrial album at all. They just didn't have a drummer, and either due to inexperience or lack of funding probably either couldn't afford to get a better drum program, or do a better job of picking a more natural sound during recording. They don't consider themselves Industrial, and neither does anyone else.

They were aiming to be like Braindrill, not The Berzerker. Supposedly they are using Alex Hernandez-Bent (Arkaik) as a session drummer, so their next album should actually sound like a more proper tech death album.

They may not have aimed for an Industrial sound but It is pretty "industrial" to my ears. It is techdeath but not the fluid-y one in the techdeath genre. It is mechanical and aggressive and drums especially give it a machine-made vibe to it. It might not be enough to be tagged Industrial, but it slightly crosses into Industrial territory even though it doesn't have any "obvious" Industrial parts like electronic samples, guitar, loops etc.

I would say it is Industrial-y (atleast the rhythm part sounds so) Techdeath.
09.10.2016 - 09:37
3rdWorld
China was a neat
This sits well here. French Hyperfast black metal.

10.10.2016 - 06:38
psykometal
A staff guy...
Since you mentioned Monumental Torment that means you're also open to death metal recs, so you should also check out Archspire.

----

10.10.2016 - 07:50
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Yeah I think I've heard their '11 record and you also suggested me that in one of my lists, you must love them a lot I guess. Yeah they are good but I wouldn't call them hyperfast i.e. having parts with hyperblasts and manical gabber-like industrial beats, but normal blazing techdeath definitely.
10.10.2016 - 18:06
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by 3rdWorld on 10.10.2016 at 07:50

Yeah I think I've heard their '11 record and you also suggested me that in one of my lists, you must love them a lot I guess. Yeah they are good but I wouldn't call them hyperfast i.e. having parts with hyperblasts and manical gabber-like industrial beats, but normal blazing techdeath definitely.

I do quite love them, yes. Lol
----

17.11.2016 - 05:30
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Top tier furious black metal. Ffo: Watain, Marduk.