02. Forgotten Ethereal Visions
03. It Began With Blood
04. Moment Of Anger
05. Numerous Lacerations
06. Purest Evil
07. The Killing Process
08. Underlife
09. Withering Dieties

...Those dark nights of the soul, when you come across something so horrible you even go as far as to hover your mouse cursor over "Korpiklaani" in your itunes menu, considering it as a desperate alternative to further putting up with whatever is you've just been subjected to...

Well, let me tell you about Inferion. Frankly, it's really difficult not filling this entire review with childish jokes in which I mistakenly call this band Inferior time and again. Woops. This band puts the 8 extra O's in boooooooooring. Generic as fuck black metal people, seriously, don't bother. The moment this album started getting interesting is that beautiful in-between-songs moment when, you know, I didn't actually have to hear the music. Raspy vocals, blast beats, chainsaw guitars, some half-assed attempt at an evil riff or two...Really, throw any basic genre description of black metal in here, and it is probably applicable to Inferior Inferion. Except evilness. This album is about as dark and menacing as Hanna Montana toothpaste.

There's a few melodies to be heard throughout The Desolate that stand out, actually. Unfortunately, they're noticeable in the same sense a piece of chewed gum stuck to an 80 foot cement wall is noticeable. Just because your vision is no longer entirely filled with grey, doesn't make it worth looking at, much less considering it any type of artistic expression.

It's really hard for me to decide which is more baffling; that people are still putting out albums like this, or that someone actually managed to find enough material to make a +30 minute album like The Desolate. Be sure to check out if you enjoy boredom.

I hereby give this album a score of 1 point per second I wasn't bored out of my skull. Generous, I know.

Written on 24.01.2012 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 143 users
24.01.2012 - 18:29
Edmund Fogg

Wouldn't it make an 8 if you count the second between each songs? And Hanna Montanna toothpaste is freaking menacing. Just picture yourself hardly awake in the morning and the first thing you see is that creepy smile jumping at you. Just kidding. Great review and you have a lot of self control use ther Inferior pun only once
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
24.01.2012 - 21:08
Milena
gloom cookie
Doc, you're on a roll. Imma reward you with a decent Korpiklaani song:
----
7.0 means the album is good
24.01.2012 - 22:16
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Milena on 24.01.2012 at 21:08

Doc, you're on a roll. Imma reward you with a decent Korpiklaani song:

Decent................. Korpiklaani?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.01.2012 - 22:31
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.01.2012 at 22:16

I don't know what happened to them after 2005, but they did have some nice tunes under their sleeve before that. Even something as cheesy as "Mother Earth" or "Native Land".
----
7.0 means the album is good
25.01.2012 - 05:03
strade

Great review! Sounds like good stuff. I'll be sure to buy it asap.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
25.01.2012 - 06:57
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Milena on 24.01.2012 at 22:31

Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.01.2012 at 22:16

I don't know what happened to them after 2005, but they did have some nice tunes under their sleeve before that. Even something as cheesy as "Mother Earth" or "Native Land".

They suure did, Their first two are good. Anything after Voice of the WILDerness is diarrhea of the soul.
----
Coldgrits
25.01.2012 - 11:06
Lokaeda
Account deleted
Sounds like The Desolate is a good album name then, eh?

*Dadum tss*
25.01.2012 - 11:10
Lokaeda
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 24.01.2012 at 22:31

I don't know what happened to them after 2005

Believe it or not, I like some songs on Tervaskanto ("Viima", "Running With Wolves" for instance) and on Korven Kuningas ("Shall We Take A Turn", "Northern Fall") :3
30.01.2012 - 09:34
psykometal
A staff guy...
I see a lot of people hating on Korpiklaani and I don't get why, I mean they're not the best folk metal band but I think they're pretty good. As for the topic at hand, I went to their Bandcamp page to check them out and I didn't find them to be too bad. Made for some great background music while I did other things; not trying to elude that this was crap but this kind of black metal is great for mindless background music because of it's simplicity and lack of any real talent, it works very well for "atmosphere"...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

Hits total: 3491 | This month: 5