Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica's Best Album (up to Reckoning Night)

Original post

Posted by BurbotsRevenge, 21.10.2006 - 09:07
My favourite album Sonata Arctica album has always been Ecliptica, but when i had asked other people, they have said silence or reckoning night. so im intersted to hear what your favourite Sonata Arctica album is.

Poll

What is Sonata Arctica's best album?

Ecliptica
Silence
Winterheart's Guild
Reckoning Night

Total votes: 129
05.08.2007 - 12:44
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Unia is my favorite, there are so many amazing songs...
06.08.2007 - 22:40
In Chaos

unia and reckoning night have many amazing songs, but Ecliptica is just an amazing album and of course my favorite sonata arctica album.
10.08.2007 - 13:25
Darkside Momo
Retired
Winterheart's guild for me !

More complex than the others, a great mood, and it's not a basic power album (like Ecliptica)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
10.08.2007 - 15:40
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Ecliptica...my always-favourite, unless they release a better album, which I doubt. Anyway, you never know
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
21.09.2007 - 23:30
Robstar

I like more extreme stuff but Silence is my favorite Sonata's album
----
Nothing is unreacheable
28.09.2007 - 00:35
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Ecliptica...more of a classic power metal sound. Great album. Silence is ok, and everything after that sucked IMO.

Favorite songs on Ecliptica- My Land, Mary-Lou, Kingdom For a Heart, Destruction Preventer, UnOpened
09.10.2007 - 23:48
Mustis
Account deleted
men Ecliptica for sure, silence is great too, but im really disappointed with Unia, it has only like 3 good songs, the rest are bad or gay songs, i dont like that album. But Sonata still one of my favorite bands
10.10.2007 - 01:52
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.10.2007 at 23:48

men Ecliptica for sure, silence is great too, but im really disappointed with Unia, it has only like 3 good songs, the rest are bad or gay songs, i dont like that album. But Sonata still one of my favorite bands

I love your avatar.

And I agree about Unia--it sucks. I only liked 1 song.
10.10.2007 - 03:56
Prowler84

I can't pick among "Reckoning Night","Winterhearts' Guild" and "Silence". But recently I had made a strong review of the albums..

here the results:

Reckoning Night : 8.8
Winterhearts' Guild : 8.8
Silence : 8.9
Ecliptica : 8.7
----
Steve Harris isn't a God.God is a S.Harris!!
10.10.2007 - 04:00
Prowler84

Written by Guest on 28.09.2007 at 00:35

Ecliptica...more of a classic power metal sound. Great album. Silence is ok, and everything after that sucked IMO.

years ago my opinion was the same but When I listened Winterhearts.. and Reckoning Night carefully,I became a great fan of them.They are amazing albums but they grow slowly on you..must not be overlooked.
----
Steve Harris isn't a God.God is a S.Harris!!
14.10.2007 - 15:34
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Ecliptica and silence are the best hard to choose between them they have great songs like

8yh commandent,kingdom for a heart,san sebastian,wolf and raven,black sheep,full moon
----
Stay Metal !!!
16.10.2007 - 18:34
AsgeirArnald

I love all of their albums, but for me its Ecliptica by far. A great album from start to finish. To me all their other albums seem to have songs thrown in that just don't fit for some reason.
16.10.2007 - 23:12
Shorlack

This is hard... Every album is PERFECT for me, I mean, If sonata's first album was an "Unia like album", sonata would be dead long time ago. But if they realeased an "Eclpitica like" album instead of Unia nowadays, I think the wouldn't sourprise as much as Unia did to me when i first listened it. The thing is that every album was in the perfect time for it, Reckoning Night was the beggining of a deep change in Sonata Arctica, but still a great album (white Pearl Black Oceans is extreamely good!, Wildefire is power, Wrecking the Sphere melodic, etc), Silence was the consolidation of an excelent debut album; Ecliptica show us how good they are, and Winterhearts guild is the definition of power metal!
But Unia was the biggest surprise for me, I hated at the beggining, but now I LOVE it, It's so different but with so much energy... the only thing I miss in this album was Jani... Only rythm guitars and some small solos... Hope Elias will give some fresh air to the band! (But Jani is THE Guitar Player of Sonata Arctica to me)
24.10.2007 - 16:41
joaquin

ill say Winterheart's Guild its really good
----
courage to chage the things and wisdom to know the difference

real gamers never die, they just respawn
08.11.2007 - 17:16
Imraghil

Unia, there are a lot good songs on it, but from that list it is Silence.
13.01.2008 - 21:44
Son of Odin

Silence is my fav.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
15.05.2008 - 16:26
Mull666

Written by Prowler84 on 10.10.2007 at 04:00

Written by Guest on 28.09.2007 at 00:35

years ago my opinion was the same but When I listened Winterhearts.. and Reckoning Night carefully,I became a great fan of them.They are amazing albums but they grow slowly on you..must not be overlooked.

very true, reckoning light is hard to get into at first but then half the songs blossom and its bloody amazing. Give it a chance though i admit the later half of the album is alittle lacking in punch
21.05.2008 - 23:17
Silent_wolfer

Silence for me cause of the lyrics, and the way it tells some kind of story of someone's problem they had.
23.05.2008 - 10:26
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
the first half of angras temple of shaodws is much better than the whole sonata discography:P
sonata is too much gay for my taste since i am not homosexual
01.07.2008 - 18:38
howNowBrownSow

Unia is SA's best album by far, in both song-writing and production. No contest, although I know many disagree :-P.
03.07.2008 - 21:12
Elio
Red Nightmare
ecliptica is the best sonata's album in my opinion...silence is not a lot worse anyway
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
26.08.2008 - 01:21
Janne
Hugin
I think Ecliptica is their best album. I found that in Ecliptica all of the songs are perfect. The best songs are on Silence but that album isn't as level than Ecliptica. My second favourite album is Winterheart's Guild(I don't know why, I just love it) the 3rd is Silence and Reckoning night is the 4th but I still love that album. I can't compare these masterpieces to Unia cause it's completely different and for me that is not the same SA.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
26.08.2008 - 15:48
Elio
Red Nightmare
Ecliptica is my favourite...Silence is great though. Both great power metal albums.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
28.08.2008 - 03:05
Iron Priest

Silence, because it has a higher number of songs I like on that album compared to the others. One song better than Winterhearts guild
09.10.2008 - 19:30
Bubblehead 101

The Silence and its song Black Sheep, is totally power metal, but i like Ecliptica and Reckoning Night too.
11.10.2008 - 12:05
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Ecliptica is great but i also like unia
11.10.2008 - 14:58
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
I think I'd go with Unia, simply because its such a step up from their other albums. Its much less generic, less predictable drumming and some fantastic progressive elements meaning the band actually thinks more about their music and want to challenge themselves.

The older albums are also fantastic, Im not saying theyre bad at all, they just all sort of follow the same pattern if you know what I mean. WIth Unia they completely broke free from the mold and created songs which take a little more time to digest but eventually grow even stronger than the "8th Commandment" and "Black Sheep"s.

So yeah, my vote is for Unia!
17.11.2008 - 13:59
Eeric
Account deleted
Unia is better than those
21.04.2009 - 00:52
BuzzPhil

Ecliptica! It is their best album and by far! Can we edit a poll?? Because, this topic has been made in 2006, and Unia has been released on 2007 and The Days Of Grays coming in september!!
17.09.2009 - 18:46
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
My favourite album is Ecliptica but Winterheart's Guild is also great one.