Metal Storm logo
Deep Purple - New Album To Be Released In 2013

British hard-rock legends Deep Purple have announced on their official website that their new album will only be released in 2013. They decided to extend their writing and recording period through the summer of 2012. The last album the band released was back in 2005 (Rapture Of The Deep).

Deep Purple singer Ian Gillan commented: "We know we will disappoint some of our fans this summer. However, we look forward very much to our autumn/winter tour and continuing our worldwide tour with our new album in 2013."

Source: deeppurple.com
Band profile: Deep Purple
Posted: 27.01.2012 by kual21

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 106 users
27.01.2012 - 12:22
Syk
myspace/bonerama
YEAH! Def Leppard reference entirely unintended. This lifts my expections a bit - maybe they'll work[/play] extra hard to release yet another awesome album, following up the Rapture, which was sweeeeeet
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
27.01.2012 - 12:29
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
WHAT?! These guys are ancient, someone's gonna throw out a hip or break an ankle during rehearsal. Recording this album is gonna be hazardous to their health!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.01.2012 - 16:16
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by LeChron James on 27.01.2012 at 12:29

WHAT?! These guys are ancient, someone's gonna throw out a hip or break an ankle during rehearsal. Recording this album is gonna be hazardous to their health!

I think they'll do just fine. However, I'm not sure this is necessary, they could just go on a tour or something without a new album anyway. Rapture of the Deep wasn't anything special, and neither was that whatitsname 2003 album.
----
7.0 means the album is good
27.01.2012 - 23:21
Lonniehaskel

If Sabbath can make a new album, so can Deep Purple.
28.01.2012 - 02:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Milena on 27.01.2012 at 16:16

I think they'll do just fine. However, I'm not sure this is necessary, they could just go on a tour or something without a new album anyway. Rapture of the Deep wasn't anything special, and neither was that whatitsname 2003 album.

I think a tour would be more hazardous to their health than recording the album. Especially if it's an international tour that they would be doing.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.01.2012 - 02:10
JohnDoe
Account deleted
They toured with Marillion recently.
28.01.2012 - 08:37
Ankläger

Can Ian even sing anymore?
28.01.2012 - 11:40
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by LeChron James on 28.01.2012 at 02:08

I think a tour would be more hazardous to their health than recording the album. Especially if it's an international tour that they would be doing.

Nah, they're not kids, if they say they can handle it...
----
7.0 means the album is good
29.01.2012 - 00:40
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
It's nice that they still have the drive to write new material instead of just doing greatest hits tours, but I can't really get excited about Mark VIII. What's the point of having Deep Purple without Blackmore and Lord?

Hits total: 2939 | This month: 5