Metal Storm logo
What would people be more surprised to know about you? Pt. II

Original post

Posted by Boxcar Willy, 27.01.2012 - 23:38
You know what to do. Tell us your quirks, and oddities.
03.12.2013 - 05:53
Thrashette

Written by Mattybu on 03.12.2013 at 01:38

I don't think bullying people over being shy is not helpful, I KNOW it isn't. I was very quiet throughout high school around people who I wasn't friends with, which wasn't really a result of anxiety as much as just not being interested in talking to people I don't like/have nothing in common with (which was a lot of people) and nobody bothered me about it. Then again I was never bullied in any capacity cause a) I was always bigger than other kids b) I am fairly kind hearted towards the majority of people. It's a shame that happened to you, all that is doing is reinforcing an attitude that there is something wrong with being introverted. I'm glad things are getting along better for you now and I hope you didn't take what stupid judgmental people said to heart.

When I was younger, I was really oversensitive and got bothered by what bullies said to me. It was to the point where my mom would see me upset and call my teachers asking them why they keep letting other kids pick on me (even though in some cases, the teachers themselves were just as bad). Eventually, I learnt to just stop caring what other people think. When I decided to change, it was my choice, it wasn't influenced by other people and at the end of the day, I'm still an introvert or a "loner". For a long time, I was also a very kind person but it was to the point that people would walk all over me. Just a couple years ago, the same people who I knew didn't respect me would suddenly act like my best friend when they had a test coming up and needed me to help them. At first, I went along with it in hopes that I could actually befriend them and that maybe they'd be nicer if I help them. Then at some point, I just started telling them I was too busy with my own work to help out or that unless they're paying me what they'd pay a tutor, they can fuck off. Though if it was a genuine friend who asked for help, that'd be totally different.
03.12.2013 - 06:41
Mattybu

Written by Thrashette on 03.12.2013 at 05:53

When I was younger, I was really oversensitive and got bothered by what bullies said to me. It was to the point where my mom would see me upset and call my teachers asking them why they keep letting other kids pick on me (even though in some cases, the teachers themselves were just as bad). Eventually, I learnt to just stop caring what other people think. When I decided to change, it was my choice, it wasn't influenced by other people and at the end of the day, I'm still an introvert or a "loner". For a long time, I was also a very kind person but it was to the point that people would walk all over me. Just a couple years ago, the same people who I knew didn't respect me would suddenly act like my best friend when they had a test coming up and needed me to help them. At first, I went along with it in hopes that I could actually befriend them and that maybe they'd be nicer if I help them. Then at some point, I just started telling them I was too busy with my own work to help out or that unless they're paying me what they'd pay a tutor, they can fuck off. Though if it was a genuine friend who asked for help, that'd be totally different.

See I'm lucky, I'm smart but I never gave a shit about school, and people learned pretty quick I didn't have answers to be leeched

Going through my life, I can look back and say that I have never really been bothered by what people think of me. In a lot of ways I am peculiar and my interests overlap in areas where they typically rarely would in a lot of people. I think it all boils down to confidence in the end though. I think being socially active is a catalyst for confidence in a lot of people, but I don't think someone should feel bad if they would rather have some alone time than constantly be partying and have a large group of friends. I have a fairly active social life that is very well suited to my personality but for me that isn't where my confidence comes from. I really have been blessed with quite a few talents and a well-above average level of intelligence, so despite the fact that I was never very extroverted I have always been very comfortable with myself. I have a very level head as well and it takes a lot to get me angry, so if anyone were to insult me somehow I wouldn't take it that seriously. Usually my mom is the only one who can get me angry, however the rare times I do get angry you would not want to be anywhere near me.

I hope that didn't sound too cocky talking about my talents, by the way. I've just had a lot of people tell me they wish they could draw like me, or say that I'm really good at guitar or that I'm really good at hockey and I think it would be silly to take those things for granted. Embracing what makes you different and fostering your talents is part of what makes life special in my opinion.
03.12.2013 - 11:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 03.12.2013 at 01:19

Can I use your teacher skills and you can teach me better swedish

Haha who knows, probably not.
----
03.12.2013 - 21:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 03.12.2013 at 11:07

Written by Bad English on 03.12.2013 at 01:19

Can I use your teacher skills and you can teach me better swedish

Haha who knows, probably not.

in some stoclholms bub or when you will make histoical jorney up to north this time (ok lets make km from Syto till Ups like 100, I am retarded at matte) 10 times more then you have been
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.12.2013 - 23:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 03.12.2013 at 21:05

in some stoclholms bub or when you will make histoical jorney up to north this time (ok lets make km from Syto till Ups like 100, I am retarded at matte) 10 times more then you have been

Maybe I'll go there if the north ever gets a subway.
----
03.12.2013 - 23:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 03.12.2013 at 23:07

Written by Bad English on 03.12.2013 at 21:05

Maybe I'll go there if the north ever gets a subway.

There are train but ...... hmm 14 h , maybe more, I neverhave used train in the Swe , only in Stockholm Arlanda express or what it calls
I use buss Länstrafiken Norbotten, Norland Kusten and Luleå Lokal Trafik
I go buy busses to Umeå or use a aiplain, but I wanna go whit train to Kirina or Umeå
----

apos;'
[image]
05.12.2013 - 00:41
MetallicA

Some of these things aren't really surprises to people I know in real life but I guess it could be to you guys on here and vice versa.

Many folks were really surprised when I first got interested in the military.

Only a few people actually know that I'm getting my master's degree right now. I have good reason for this. My flight commander knows and that's all that matters right now.

Someone said they eat alot...I also eat alot but don't weigh much. I'm not shy about food at all and all my friends and flight mates always poke fun at me because I'm always eating. I'm usually eating something most of the time...not huge meals but just snacks. I can eat a huge meal too though. Yeah, sometimes when I'm flying I'll just pull out a snack and start munching and then go back to my work. The other day while driving I had a plate of food in my lap and was eating it with a fork. This girl has gotta eat!

Sex was brought up. Maybe I'm the first girl to comment about it (in this thread) but I think sex is awesome! With that being said, anal is gross. Keep it out of my pooper, that shit is nasty. 69ing is really fun though! I don't like fetish stuff...I think it's really weird. Keep your latex body suit & chains at home, thanks. I would rather just have it kinda rough in some random place. The more chance we could get caught, the better!

Grocery shopping gives me anxiety. It's not bad...I just tend to avoid crowded isles. I just want to get my food and gtfo.

I always do what I say. Many folks have said to me they're amazed that I can just say I'm gonna do X and then actually go do whatever I was gonna do. I've been told I'm a 'go getter' by many. Like for instance, I wanted a bacheler's so I got it, I wanted to go to a certain school for my master's so I did (for a year...then left for military training. Now I'm doing it online.), I wanted a flying job in the military and I got a slot for it, I want to actually graduate from flight school and I will in just over 2 weeks. All of this has been hard work but so worth it.

Folks I work with were really surprised I liked such heavy music. They all know now but at first they were like I thought you liked country or soft rock, not death metal. I'm just like...I wear a uniform to work everyday so there's no telling what I could like lol
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
05.12.2013 - 01:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetallicA on 05.12.2013 at 00:41

Sex was brought up. Maybe I'm the first girl to comment about it (in this thread) but I think sex is awesome! With that being said, anal is gross. Keep it out of my pooper, that shit is nasty. 69ing is really fun though! I don't like fetish stuff...I think it's really weird. Keep your latex body suit & chains at home, thanks. I would rather just have it kinda rough in some random place. The more chance we could get caught, the better!

Grocery shopping gives me anxiety. It's not bad...I just tend to avoid crowded isles. I just want to get my food and gtfo.

I hate shopping to specelly and xmass when all are overcrouded, I done it , now I am free, I hate shpomg when outside is -20¤C its cold and sindide is +25¤C and you start to sweat as in damn sauna emediattly
I can do it at summer's day

Seems you're 1th girl in long time when ever talks about sex at this forum, rest just said some words, (feels like sex is men think and men do it whit men ) there was that norvegian girl cantr emeber her name Linea Line something
I dont like anl to and festish,
----

apos;'
[image]
05.12.2013 - 22:17
FOOCK Nam

The other day while driving I had a plate of food in my lap and was eating it with a fork. This girl has gotta eat!

You eat while driving ? Watch out. and dont eat while flying.. : D
05.12.2013 - 22:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 05.12.2013 at 22:17

The other day while driving I had a plate of food in my lap and was eating it with a fork. This girl has gotta eat!

You eat while driving ? Watch out. and dont eat while flying.. : D

negative she can do it she must talk like roger, zeros at horzion eleven o clock, blow em to hell
are they gone, furmitive sir
----

apos;'
[image]
07.12.2013 - 03:29
Thrashette

Written by Mattybu on 03.12.2013 at 06:41

I think it all boils down to confidence in the end though. I think being socially active is a catalyst for confidence in a lot of people, but I don't think someone should feel bad if they would rather have some alone time than constantly be partying and have a large group of friends.

That's exactly it. I had problems with low self-esteem ever since I started school back in kindergarten. Always felt stupid, ugly, weird, bad at everything, etc... It wasn't til my teen years that I realized I'm smarter than most people, at least average looking, actually do have some talents, and that weird can be a good thing! Being social and talking to people definitely helps (assuming said people are genuine friends and a positive influence). I need my alone time a lot, but too much isolation is a bad thing. And don't worry about sounding cocky. It's great for people to be aware of their strengths and weaknesses, especially when they use their strengths to the fullest and work to improve on their weaknesses.
07.12.2013 - 04:49
Mattybu

Written by Thrashette on 07.12.2013 at 03:29

Written by Mattybu on 03.12.2013 at 06:41

I think it all boils down to confidence in the end though. I think being socially active is a catalyst for confidence in a lot of people, but I don't think someone should feel bad if they would rather have some alone time than constantly be partying and have a large group of friends.

That's exactly it. I had problems with low self-esteem ever since I started school back in kindergarten. Always felt stupid, ugly, weird, bad at everything, etc... It wasn't til my teen years that I realized I'm smarter than most people, at least average looking, actually do have some talents, and that weird can be a good thing! Being social and talking to people definitely helps (assuming said people are genuine friends and a positive influence). I need my alone time a lot, but too much isolation is a bad thing. And don't worry about sounding cocky. It's great for people to be aware of their strengths and weaknesses, especially when they use their strengths to the fullest and work to improve on their weaknesses.

Well I am glad to hear that. I think becoming more sure of yourself is just part of maturing as a person and despite the fact that school often has a negative impact on people's confidence at some point I think most people get comfortable with themselves and stop beating themselves up. Which it seemed like you were doing but then you got your crap together and realized that it was silly to think of yourself that way
07.12.2013 - 13:29
Ancient Dreams

Sex was brought up. Maybe I'm the first girl to comment about it (in this thread) but I think sex is awesome! With that being said, anal is gross. Keep it out of my pooper, that shit is nasty.

Have never seen the appeal of this at all. It just seems so.... unhygienic!
08.12.2013 - 03:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I hate wash my hairm I am lazy , and I use a air dryer, well I know I have no dick I have a pussy, so thats why I use a hair dryer
I realy hate wash my hair and shavig , I love long ghair and mine is well you have seen lamebook picks of me
in winter I wash once or 2 times per week, in summer 2-4 times depends what heat we have,
----

apos;'
[image]
10.12.2013 - 07:09
no one
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 08.12.2013 at 03:11

I hate wash my hairm I am lazy , and I use a air dryer, well I know I have no dick I have a pussy, so thats why I use a hair dryer
I realy hate wash my hair and shavig , I love long ghair and mine is well you have seen lamebook picks of me
in winter I wash once or 2 times per week, in summer 2-4 times depends what heat we have,

no surprises there
04.01.2014 - 02:43
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well, one oddity of mine is that whenever I need to set up an hour of meeting or on my alarm clock, the minutes beside the hours always have to be a prime number. So if I need to wake up for example at 7am, I'm going to set my alarm clock to whteher 6:57 or 7:03. If I have to wake up at half past 6, my alarm clock will be set at 6:29, but never at 6:30. It just bothers me so, if someone would change the minutes to my alarm clock I wouldn't be able to fall asleep.

I can't watch TV in the afternoon if it's a work day. It bothers me, becuase I always have a feeling I have to do something meaninful after work. I can only watch TV in the evening, but if it's a day off (holidays or weekend) it doesn't matter. When I was still in univeristy, I couldn't study in the afternoon. I can't explain why, but it's just this feeling I get.

I eat pizza by layers. I always eat the topping first and the bottom last. I do the same with hamburgers, I eat them from the top down, I don't bite the whole thing.

I always knock on a beer can, to let him know I'm coming

And then well, oddly, people are still very surprised by my academics. I have graduated 2 years ago and I had high marks, was even ranked top student in the 5th year. Seems I do look stupid or smth, because people are always so blown away when it comes to that. (And also I really wish to enrole to a doctorate studies, but don't have enough money to pay for my education at the moment).

I'm into cars. I love cars, I love driving and I'm a very good driver (I drive about 70.000km per year). I love Top Gear and I'm very inetersted in a conversation, when someone who really know their way around the car, are leading them. If I could go back in time I would have probably chosen a different profession

What
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
04.01.2014 - 02:49
Mattybu

Written by AnGina-- on 04.01.2014 at 02:43

I eat pizza by layers. I always eat the topping first and the bottom last. I do the same with hamburgers, I eat them from the top down, I don't bite the whole thing.

Out of all the stuff you put in that post this is surely the most disturbing.
04.01.2014 - 02:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Mattybu on 04.01.2014 at 02:49
Out of all the stuff you put in that post this is surely the most disturbing.

I don't even... pizza by layers? I'm literally crying this isn't how you should eat pizza this should be illegal.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.01.2014 - 02:55
Mattybu

I don't know man, it's conjuring images in my head of cavemen in kitchens just going wild and throwing tomato's all over the place and licking the sauce off the floor and making hats out of pizza dough and... not good....
04.01.2014 - 02:57
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
A moment of silence for my fellow pizza eating MSers.

If anything, I don't want to go to jail for bad pizza eating habbits. That would look so bad on my resume.

Written by Mattybu on 04.01.2014 at 02:55

I don't know man, it's conjuring images in my head of cavemen in kitchens just going wild and throwing tomato's all over the place and licking the sauce off the floor and making hats out of pizza dough and... not good....

You know that my eating habbits don't make me a savage?

Canada hates me today, I think I shall take my leave now.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
04.01.2014 - 03:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by AnGina-- on 04.01.2014 at 02:57
Canada hates me today, I think I shall take my leave now.

On behalf of Canada, sorry.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.01.2014 - 02:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
The pizza comment...
That is just... Madness.

When I was still in univeristy, I couldn't study in the afternoon. I can't explain why, but it's just this feeling I get.

This reminds me of this rule I had since I can remember: I can have so many homework/test/etc to do... If I must study every fucking day even holidays/weekends, I will. But NEVER on Friday afternoon (or after classes). It's against my religion. D:
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.01.2014 - 01:18
Vombatus
Potorro

I have a friend that does the same !! I thought she was the only wierdo to do so According to her, the best part of a pizza is the base slighty smoothie with the tomato sauce...
06.01.2014 - 01:49
Mercyful_Kate

I fold pizza in half when I eat it.
06.01.2014 - 01:51
Mattybu

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 06.01.2014 at 01:49

I've seen a few people do that. At least you end up getting all the ingredients together when you bite it, that's not so bad. Not that I really understand the appeal of it other than in situations where your pizza slice is lacking structural stability. Even then I just use an extra hand to support it.
06.01.2014 - 01:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

Do you put ranch dip in between the fold?
----
06.01.2014 - 02:22
Mercyful_Kate

Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.01.2014 at 01:57

Do you put ranch dip in between the fold?

I do not, but that is indeed a very Philly/Atlantic City thing to do. Here in Buffalo, People dip their pizza in bleu cheese dressing like chicken wings. Wierdos.
06.01.2014 - 03:19
Ragana
Rawrcat
In respect to my Italian friends who would complain about "the wrong" pizza toppings and whatnot for hours (or more if they had been drinking alcohol), I haven't eaten pizza for half a year. And now, thanks to this conversation, I really do want some pizza... but it's 3AM here.
06.01.2014 - 03:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Ragana on 06.01.2014 at 03:19
...but it's 3AM here.

Ain't no pizza like a 3AM pizza.
----
06.01.2014 - 03:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by deadone on 06.01.2014 at 03:27
Semi-related yet completely pointless, apparently a quarter of Australians have a meat pie for breakfast.

Never thought about eating meat pies with ketchup... I think I should probably try that soon.
----