Metal Storm logo
KoRn

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.05.2006 - 13:33
One of the most misunderstood bands of today. Hated by almost every metaller everywhere yet they command a powerful fan base.

As far as I know they did invent Nu Metal and have managed to keep their sound fresh and original since then. Their debut self titled album is still brilliant by today's standards and is one of my all time fave albums. Perfect for that teen angst.

I strongly urge any of you neigh-sayers to open your mind and give this band a chance.
11.11.2010 - 16:05
doyle777
Korn is one of my fave bands.
They are one of the first metal bands that I've heard, and I love them ever since.
My fave album is self-titled Korn. I can listen to every song from that album and never get bored.
JD vocals are so great. I like more the period with Head and David, but there are some good songs on the new material.
Their new release is excelent. They have finally remembered who they are, and the brought up their old sound, which is great.:)
----
17.11.2010 - 09:21
XooKi3
I like listening to a few of their more powerful songs but i'm not hooked.

Should i spend money on Korn III - Remember Who You Are?? I herd it was quite a let down.
20.11.2010 - 21:10
IronAngel
I don't know, I think it's better than anything they've put out in a good while. It's not stellar, but enjoyable no less.
11.03.2011 - 00:01
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Yea so, finally I get to see them live this June in Zagreb YAY! FINALLY!!!!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
30.04.2011 - 01:27
Kennoth
Written by AnGina-- on 11.03.2011 at 00:01

Yea so, finally I get to see them live this June in Zagreb YAY! FINALLY!!!!

So am I

I missed them back at 2007 so this is a must go!
----
*insert something deep and profound*
01.05.2011 - 14:09
FinnishSammich
They're awesome. My favorite album is their self-titled debut, second and third are Follow the Leader and Untouchables.
03.05.2011 - 00:20
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Kennoth on 30.04.2011 at 01:27

Goes the same for me. Can't wait for it, I just hope there will be loads of older songs and well... nothing from their latest
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
03.05.2011 - 00:51
Kennoth
Written by AnGina-- on 03.05.2011 at 00:20

Written by Kennoth on 30.04.2011 at 01:27

Goes the same for me. Can't wait for it, I just hope there will be loads of older songs and well... nothing from their latest

You know that won't happen, unfortunately. I listened to that newest album two times only, I don't like it at all, but I'll learn some songs anyway so I don't look like an idiot when they play them.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
22.06.2011 - 23:54
baseyg
Just heard the skrillex Korn collaboration and i honestly think it is the best combination of Metal and electronic music ever created. ive always thought Korn were so distinct in that they have a sound so unique to themselves, which sort of limits them and makes them a marmite band. However, this new album could make them relevant to evreyone and make people see how awesome this new band are.
24.06.2011 - 01:24
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
I like KoRn! They have some of the best songs i heard ( Twisted Transistor, Right Now ) and some of the worst ( Freak On A Leash, A.D.I.D.A.S. ).
A good band, anyway!
28.06.2011 - 09:45
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Hell yea, yesterday in Zagreb was great, but the concert had one colossus flaw - it was way too short! Srsly, I could probably sit there and listen and watch these guys for at least 2 more hours.

So, @Kennoth, liked the setlist? Loads of super old school songs, I only totally missed ''Trash'', really wished they'd play it and the encore ending well... They could've played all the songs from the beggining to the end instead of uniting them into one piece.

But overall, these guys are insane on stage, especially Jonathan in kilt with bagpipes, that was awesome. And not the mention the ''new'' drummer, that guy has some crazy drumming skillz.

Overall, I'm totally blissed to have finally see & hear *my* KoRn live, and when they played Get Up (which I never heard before *blush*), I almost got tears in my eyes.
----
04.07.2011 - 06:24
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Aren't these guys doing a dubstep album?? I heard a track featuring skillex. Still don't like the vocals
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
04.07.2011 - 13:03
JD
Account deleted
Am not interested in KoRn anymore, i only liked them when "Head" was around, after he left, they just sucked.
01.08.2011 - 11:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
There's something i don't understand about Korn, especially their lyrics:

Davis is one of the richest musicians in the world. He's got millions of dollars in bank accounts, endorsement deals, fancy cars and huge houses. He can have any girl he wants, he can afford the most opulent luxury and live a life of comfort and affluence that others only dream of. Yet, he still writes songs about teenage angst and being molested and bullied in school, with extra emotional/whiny vocals. Something doesn't add up: either he ran out of things to write about, found that this is Korn's "commercial hook", or he simply can't get over that part of his life (veery slim chance). Either way something's definitely fishy here.
01.08.2011 - 13:59
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
^ Well he cant write songs about his newly acquired bling-bling, as he would lose any credibility he earned as a songwriter back in the old days. " I aint no Fred Durst, I haz childhood traumas, seriously, and I buy Maybachs to fell better."
09.08.2011 - 05:35
Metal_4Ever
Why KoRn is hated by metalstormers..??
09.08.2011 - 12:52
FinnishSammich
Written by Metal_4Ever on 09.08.2011 at 05:35

Because some metalstormers are elitists who think that nu metal isn't "real" metal and therefor hate it, some metalstormers have a different taste, and some people probably just jump the bandwagon.
09.08.2011 - 18:31
Metal_4Ever
Written by FinnishSammich on 09.08.2011 at 12:52

Written by Metal_4Ever on 09.08.2011 at 05:35

Because some metalstormers are elitists who think that nu metal isn't "real" metal and therefor hate it, some metalstormers have a different taste, and some people probably just jump the bandwagon.

Well I feel strange of those people who think that nu meta ain't a real genre I really enjoy in that genre and KoRn is really good band..!!
17.08.2011 - 00:23
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath

Juicy tits @ 1:55
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
31.08.2011 - 03:27
ColdRail
This was my favorite band along with System of a Down back in the days, but I kinda hate them cuz they kept me from listening to metal bands for too long, and now when I try to hear those bands again I just can't stand them anymore.
08.09.2011 - 03:22
Mothman
I love oldskool Korn, but none of their latest stuff. Take a Look in the Mirror (2003) was their last great album. Their last couple of albums just didn't do it for me. I probably won't buy the one that's supposed to be released in November.
11.09.2011 - 08:00
whatsacow
I think a lot of them dismiss them for their juvenile lyrics and being nu metal. But korn is all about sound. They create an amazing atmosphere.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
11.09.2011 - 19:27
Lit.
Account deleted
Better than the original.

01.10.2011 - 04:51
S.I.T.A
Account deleted
Is it just me or are these guys old?
08.10.2011 - 01:38
Olli
Written by Guest on 01.10.2011 at 04:51

Old..? Compared to Metallica, Iron Maiden etc these guys are still young
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
08.10.2011 - 23:31
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

Mature.

Depends on what's old for you, they're all in their early 40s. I don't consider that old at all.
----
09.10.2011 - 18:23
Slayer666
Written by AnGina-- on 08.10.2011 at 23:31

Mature.

Depends on what's old for you, they're all in their early 40s. I don't consider that old at all.

Definitely way too old to be making albums filled with wannabe teen-angst, like what they tried with Remember Who You Are and probably their not-yet released one...
09.10.2011 - 19:45
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Remember Who You Are is a shitty album all in all. It's impressive how many people see the teen angst in their lyrics and noone sees the crticism over humanity, politics, human relationships, human nature, corruption and so on.

Teen angst is something I can't really get a grip on in KoRn's music, I guess I'm jsut not that good of a listener I keep missing that. Anger, depseration, anxiety and so are then common themes in loads of - even metal and mostly metal - bands, so I really don't see any problem here. If writing such lyrics is a filtre to let it all out, I have nothing against it. If I do recall correctly, Davis had a pretty difficult childhood and anyone who has had one surely knows that things like that leave consequences on one's psyche, no matter how successful, beautiful, adored or whatever become later on. But I guess not anyone can understand that.
----
22.10.2011 - 00:13
ColdRail
KoRn is about to piss all metal fans again with their "dub metal" album, I wonder if KoRn's new genre will get popular like nu metal. lmao
22.10.2011 - 01:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by ColdRail on 22.10.2011 at 00:13
I wonder if KoRn's new genre will get popular like nu metal. lmao

Korn aren't spearheading that campaign. The big name in the dubstep game is Skrillex.

Regardless of how absolute shit the music sounds, it will be popular. But - in spite of their deepest desires - Korn will not receive the credit they seek. Only Skrillex fans will hype this up.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."