Metal Storm logo
Sonisphere Festival - First Names Announced

The fourth edition of the Sonisphere festival in Spain will return to Getafe with Metallica as headliners, where they will play the Black Album in its entirety. Joining them will be Soundgarden, Slayer, Within Temptation, Mastodon, Children Of Bodom, Kyuss, Gojira, Clutch, Orange Goblin, Skindred, Ghost, Sister and Vita Imana, with more names still to be announced. The festival will take place through May 25th-26th and feature three stages and thirty artists. Tickets go on sale on January 31st.

The first names of the Sonisphere Finland line-up have also been confirmed: Metallica, Machine Head, Amorphis, Gojira and Ghost. For more information about all Sonisphere festivals, visit http://www.sonispherefestivals.com.

[Also thanks to Nardor for sending in this news!]

Source: sonispherefestivals.com
Event: Sonisphere Spain
Posted: 28.01.2012 by DaMaGeR

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 141 users
28.01.2012 - 12:47
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Black Album in its entirety? Awful choice.

I'd be hella down to see this festival if I could, even though there are only like 3 bands I would actually want to see.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.01.2012 - 14:40
DelightfulJim

Written by LeChron James on 28.01.2012 at 12:47

I'd be hella down to see this festival if I could, even though there are only like 3 bands I would actually want to see.

It's just like Download UK..such a bad album.

I'm still waiting on the Sonisphere UK announcement but they're keeping pretty poker faced about the whole thing
28.01.2012 - 16:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Wouldnt mind going to this, just to see Gojira, Mastodon, and Skindred.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.01.2012 - 22:06
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Meh and Meh. And a lot more Mehs. Slayer might put on a show and Metallica is not bad, but there aren't any other exciting bands. Bodom are not interesting, neither are WT, and perhaps only thing I'd watch here is Mastodon. And meh anyway.

I knew it, last year was going to be my last Sonisphere. :/
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
28.01.2012 - 22:31
TrollandDie

Needs a bit more variety.

Even if they're only promoting close-to-mainstream acts at the very least they could include decent groups big enough for the event.

Fear Factory, Candlemass, Dark Tranquility/Arch Enemy among others would suffice.

Not a bad bandlist but hardly anything stellar.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
29.01.2012 - 02:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by DelightfulJim on 28.01.2012 at 14:40

I'm still waiting on the Sonisphere UK announcement but they're keeping pretty poker faced about the whole thing

That'd be pretty shitty if Metallica played the Black album there too hahaha. Or if they did St. Anger in its entirety hahahaha
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.01.2012 - 02:50
Mad Architect

Don't forget about Gojira! They put on a HELL of a show. Not sure what the rules on linking are, but It's better to ask for forgiveness then permission!

Gojira- Backbone at Vieilles Charrues Festival 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBZtRtw-2cE
29.01.2012 - 02:51
DelightfulJim

Written by LeChron James on 29.01.2012 at 02:41

Written by DelightfulJim on 28.01.2012 at 14:40

That'd be pretty shitty if Metallica played the Black album there too hahaha. Or if they did St. Anger in its entirety hahahaha

At Download or Sonisphere UK? They're doing it at Download but not playing at Sonisphere since they were there last year with the rest of the Big 4. This year is going to be a bit less metal-oriented since Foo Fighters and probably Faith No More will be headlining..which will be awesome.

I like this lineup though, for a mainstream rock festival it's pretty good and I always wanted to see Gojira live
29.01.2012 - 03:03
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by DelightfulJim on 29.01.2012 at 02:51

At Download or Sonisphere UK? They're doing it at Download but not playing at Sonisphere since they were there last year with the rest of the Big 4. This year is going to be a bit less metal-oriented since Foo Fighters and probably Faith No More will be headlining..which will be awesome.

I like this lineup though, for a mainstream rock festival it's pretty good and I always wanted to see Gojira live

I meant at Sonisphere UK, but since they're not gonna be there, nevermind hahaha

Yeah seeing Faith No More and Foo Fighters would be cool, especially in conjunction with Gojira. Gojira is definitely on my list of bands to see next time I get a chance.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

29.01.2012 - 05:18
Mattybu

Written by LeChron James on 28.01.2012 at 12:47

Yep, agree 100% on that.

Honestly, it would be better if they played Lulu in it's entirety; then instead of listening to a boring album, the crowdrage would reach unprecedented levels.
29.01.2012 - 11:53
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Mattybu on 29.01.2012 at 05:18

Yep, agree 100% on that.

Honestly, it would be better if they played Lulu in it's entirety; then instead of listening to a boring album, the crowdrage would reach unprecedented levels.

I wouldn't go that far. The black album definitely has some redeeming songs. I think playing Lulu in it's entirety is against the Geneva Conventions.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

29.01.2012 - 14:07
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Metallica is not covering anything from Lulu?? Oh wait....aren't they proud off what they did in 2011??! I would have love to see covering some vicious shit from their last output and especially when Lou entering in arena with them. Apart from that, great line ups *eyebrow* WT.
29.01.2012 - 17:44
Mattybu

Written by LeChron James on 29.01.2012 at 11:53

I wouldn't go that far. The black album definitely has some redeeming songs. I think playing Lulu in it's entirety is against the Geneva Conventions.

Meh, not for me. And Lulu has some redeeming songs... It's would be a truly special and unforgettable moment to see James, LIVE, declare what he really feels in his heart in soul he is and always has been. A table.

Hits total: 2906 | This month: 6