Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian - Update On New Upcoming Albums

Hansi Kürsch, the singer of the German power metal band Blind Guardian was recently interviewed by Radio Metal and talked about the two upcoming albums the band is working on.

Hansi Kürsch stated: "I would say 2012 is history already! That's how far I can go. We worked on the orchestral stuff as well as on stuff for a regular Blind Guardian album between our tours and the finalizing of Memories Of A Time To Come. My goal would be to release either the regular Blind Guardian album or the orchestral album in 2013. It is doable, but it's tough work for us. There are so many elements involved in the orchestral album, as well as in the regular album, all the way from songwriting to production... I'm really cautious when it comes to guessing release dates. But as I said, I assume it will be late 2013, possibly in the fall, before another Blind Guardian album."

"We did like six songs in a concert hall already, and we recorded them, but I still have to do the vocals. I did a pre-production for these songs already. But we also have to complete the other songs we have done, and it takes a lot of time, in terms of finalizing the scores and all that."

To read the entire interview, go to this location.

Source: radiometal.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian
Posted: 28.01.2012 by kual21

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 245 users
28.01.2012 - 13:15
Zap
I was hoping early 2013
28.01.2012 - 13:29
3rdWorld
China was a neat
More stoked for new Helloween than anything BG will be doing.
28.01.2012 - 16:24
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I LOVE BLIND GUARDIAN!!!!!!!
28.01.2012 - 17:18
Enissa

Damn it, late 2013??? thats really far...
28.01.2012 - 18:34
Stabby
Account deleted
It's a long time, but a shorter time than between the last album and the one before. Besides, they have to escape Middle Earth first. It is a long journey across the waters and Elves know nothing of digital recording techniques. We should be downright impressed that they can do it this fast.
28.01.2012 - 21:48
BrianStorm

I've been hearing for years now that they were going to do an all orchestral/symphonic album based on 'The Lord Of The Rings'. I hope they've changed their minds about that. If they're going to tackle LOTR, they need to go at it all guns blazing.

Hits total: 5136 | This month: 10