04. A Burial For The Abandoned
05. Lack Of Oxygen
06. Wormhole Inversion
07. The Anomalies Of Artificial Origin
08. The Last Communion

Staff review by
Troy Killjoy
Rating:
Assuming the majority of users here were unaware of In the End of Human Existence being released back in 2007, I'm going to tell you right now that this album is hands-down the top slam death album of the year. I'll be mighty surprised if this opinion changes come January 2013.

Read more ››
published 10.06.2012 | Comments (48)

Comments

Comments: 32   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 210 users
28.01.2012 - 14:46
Absak
Easily one of the very best albums in the genre, been listening to this a lot lately even though I've been leaning more towards grindcore the past month.
29.01.2012 - 01:00
Rating: 3
strade
In all honesty, it kind of amazes me that some people like this. Whatever, I guess.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
30.01.2012 - 13:00
Absak
Written by Coconut Racecar on 30.01.2012 at 05:58

I have yet to listen and I can already tell you that it'll never measure up to the first release.. I'm not impressed that so many deathcore vocalists are shifting in brutal death metal. not because i don't like deathcore, but because it brings the genre into the public eye.. and that's not where BDM belongs.

DAFUQ? Since when have Matti Way, Angel Ochoa, Corey Athos or A.J. Magana ever been involved in a deathcore band? I dunno, maybe you think that Cameron Agron is still in this band or something. There is not one deathcore musician of any description involved with this album.
31.01.2012 - 16:14
Absak
Written by Coconut Racecar on 30.01.2012 at 20:17

'Big Chocolate.' Is he not the new vocalist of this band ? former vocalist of Disfiguring The Goddess. And what's his face is the new vocalist of Pathology, former vocalist of I Declare War. Then you have 'Slam Coke' that shit band that has exploited the slams completely and every song is one giant slam. I don't know maybe I heard a rumor and took it too much to heart.. whatever the case BDM is becoming more popular, sure that's all fine and good but it just means more annoying bands on the scene only in it for money. not being a douche, just irritated that my favourite genre is finally being brought into a light it was never supposed to be in.

Cameron Argon A.K.A. Big Chocolate WAS a part of this band for a brief period, they even released a LQ version the debut album with his vocals mixed in instead of Vladimir's. But after that, he left. Now this album only features Matti Way (Disgorge, Liturgy, Cinerary, Pathology, Obscured Secretions) on lead vocals, and Angel Ochoa (Condemned, Cephalotripsy), Corey Athos (Flesh Consumed, Deeds Of Flesh) and A.J. Magana (Disgorge, Deprecated, Defeated Sanity) on backing vocals. None of them have been in a deathcore band. Although Matti Way's last album with Pathology was released on Victory Records, and it was also quite accessible slamming brutal death metal and very bland in my opinion, on that album Pathology didn't have any deathcore influences, not that they have much of that now either. And trust me, this album is definitely not one giant slam, the songwriting and technicality (no, not the annoying instrument wanking kind of crap) is amazing, as far as slamming brutal death metal is concerned. I also think that this is Matti Way's best performance yet. In my honest opinion, this album has no competition whatsoever in the whole genre. My only complaint is that it isn't longer.
03.02.2012 - 15:10
They released a version of the debut with Big C on vocals? Where do I find that?
Not the biggest fan of Big C, but I didn't care for Vladimir's vocals much.
19.02.2012 - 12:29
Zombie94
Some of the best album artwork I've ever seen. Sounds like a great album too. My kind of brutal death.
19.02.2012 - 21:10
Definitely different from their debut. A little faster and better produced.
Matti Way needs to retire though. I am sick of vocalists that were great when they started, but have been around for too long and lost all of what made them great. David Vincent, Frank Mullen, Matti Way...
23.02.2012 - 03:41
Rating: 7
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
So much better than the debut (not that the debut wasn't good). The production on this thing kills. On of the best BDM albums i've heard in a while. I don't know why people are complaining about Matti Way, he sounds great.
Highlight tracks would definitely be - "A Massacre In The North", "Letting Them Fall", and "Lack Of Oxygen"
23.02.2012 - 07:15
Misfit74
I think this album is fantastic. The drumming is transfixing, which is rare to happen for me (I'm a guitars person). The kick-drum sound is perfectly sounding with its pounding, bass-like punch and played with variety and precision. Excellent drum work overall. The guitars are very good. Song structures and writing are quality brutal death. Although I'm not a big fan of the majority of this type of vocals, I can deal with it well enough. Everything else is so freaking good!

Well worth checking out and will probably end up one of the best BDM releases of 2012.

Similar to somewhere in between Abormity, Condemned, and Abysmal Torment. The production is near the top of the heap for BDM, too.
08.04.2012 - 21:12
Rating: 8
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff

I like to listen to this while I penetrate myself with a sledgehammer. The riff at the 20-second mark makes me jizz every time.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.06.2012 - 19:15
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Still can't get into this slam stuff, I'd rather listen to deathcore than slam death. And it still baffles me that people talk so much shit about deathcore breakdowns when slams are basically the same thing yet so many deathcore haters LOVE slam death or they LOVE the breakdowns in BDM bands like Dying Fetus...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

10.06.2012 - 03:34
Illog1cal
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 08.06.2012 at 19:15

Still can't get into this slam stuff, I'd rather listen to deathcore than slam death. And it still baffles me that people talk so much shit about deathcore breakdowns when slams are basically the same thing yet so many deathcore haters LOVE slam death or they LOVE the breakdowns in BDM bands like Dying Fetus...

Most of the breakdowns in awful bands like Suicide Silence or whatever are weak and not effective at all. Dying Fetus, Suffocation and many slam death bands have very effective and powerful breakdowns that work well with the song, and they do not have them in such quantity either...
10.06.2012 - 03:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2012 at 21:12

I like to listen to this while I penetrate myself with a sledgehammer. The riff at the 20-second mark makes me jizz every time.

Not too bad really. My housemate will probably dig the crap out of it.
10.06.2012 - 03:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 10.06.2012 at 03:50
My housemate will probably dig the crap out of it.

If your housemate has his/her own sledgehammer, I'm always open to a one-night stand.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.06.2012 - 03:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.06.2012 at 03:53

If your housemate has his/her own sledgehammer, I'm always open to a one-night stand.

He looks a bit like Jennifer Aniston with a beard so you might be onto a winner there.
10.06.2012 - 04:04
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 10.06.2012 at 03:55

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.06.2012 at 03:53

He looks a bit like Jennifer Aniston with a beard so you might be onto a winner there.

So she looks like this?

I can't believe I actually could google that... It seems there's a whole website with celebrities with beard.
Oh Internet!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.06.2012 - 04:08
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.06.2012 at 04:04
So she looks like this?

Dammit! I spent like two whole minutes making this...

Would def sledgehammer-bang.
----
10.06.2012 - 04:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.06.2012 at 04:08

Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.06.2012 at 04:04
So she looks like this?

Dammit! I spent like two whole minutes making this...

Hhahahahahhaahh Never understimate the (disturbing) power of the internet.
----
Rod, let me love you.
10.06.2012 - 04:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Haha, both are weird and accurate (except his beard is pretty ginger)
10.06.2012 - 04:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 10.06.2012 at 04:13

Haha, both are weird and accurate (except his beard is pretty ginger)

There you go.
----
Rod, let me love you.
10.06.2012 - 15:48
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2012 at 21:12

The riff at the 20-second mark makes me jizz every time.

11.06.2012 - 05:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 10.06.2012 at 15:48
I came.

I came hard.
----
03.08.2012 - 04:57
Sonic MrSumo
Um...is it just me or is this more deathcore than BDM. breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown...etc. Reminds me a lot of Bring Me The Horizon's first LP.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
03.08.2012 - 05:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 03.08.2012 at 04:57
Um...is it just me or is this more deathcore than BDM. breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown...etc.

A breakdown isn't something limited to deathcore - breakdowns are actually used across pretty much all metal subgenres. These are brutal death metal breakdowns, a style referred to as slam death metal based on its extensive breakdown usage. Although, unlike deathcore, death metal breakdowns are typically used to bridge a song together rather than act as the foundation. On this album there appears to be a near-exclusive focus on breakdowns, but the simplification is different from that of deathcore as there aren't really any hardcore elements in slam death at all.
----
03.08.2012 - 05:03
Sonic MrSumo
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.08.2012 at 05:02

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 03.08.2012 at 04:57
Um...is it just me or is this more deathcore than BDM. breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown after breakdown...etc.

A breakdown isn't something limited to deathcore - breakdowns are actually used across pretty much all metal subgenres. These are brutal death metal breakdowns, a style referred to as slam death metal based on its extensive breakdown usage. Although, unlike deathcore, death metal breakdowns are typically used to bridge a song together rather than act as the foundation. On this album there appears to be a near-exclusive focus on breakdowns, but the simplification is different from that of deathcore as there aren't really any hardcore elements in slam death at all.

I'm confused...so...we agree that on this album, breakdowns form the foundation?
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
03.08.2012 - 05:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 03.08.2012 at 05:03
...breakdowns form the foundation?

Nah, I disagree here. I think these guys set up their songs independently and incorporate breakdowns within their songs, although the breakdowns tend to be used more extensively (in typical slam death fashion). Most deathcore bands use a generic hardcore breakdown as a song's foundation, and build their riffs off of that.
----
03.08.2012 - 07:15
Sonic MrSumo
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.08.2012 at 05:15

Nah, I disagree here.

Fair enough...having said all this...it is a rocking album!
----
07.08.2013 - 18:47
Rating: 7
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Usually dislike slam but this was half-decent.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
07.08.2013 - 20:59
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 07.08.2013 at 18:47

Usually dislike slam but this was half-decent.

Probably because it's not full on slam, it's a pretty good mix of slam and brutal. That's why I like it so much.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

10.02.2014 - 21:17
I'm getting into this Russian Brutal DM scene. Not bad album.

Hits total: 9585 | This month: 23