Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Announce Heritage Hunter Tour With Mastodon

Swedish progressive metallers Opeth have announced a co-headlining North American tour with Mastodon. Ghost will be their special guests opening all shows. The tour starts on April 4th in Portland, Maine, and will end on May 12th in Atlanta, Georgia.

Mikael Åkerfeldt commented: "We're touring North America together with Mastodon soon. Nice! One of the very few metal bands of today that I genuinely like. Good people too! Ghost are coming with us as well, and they are one of the hottest new bands to come out of Sweden in recent years, and I dig them too. I sound like an old fart, don't I? Well, I am."

Heritage Hunter Tour:

04 April - Portland, ME - State Theater**
05 April - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theater*
06 April - Montreal, QC - Metropolis*
07 April - Toronto, ON - The Sony Centre For The Performing Arts*
09 April - Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory**
10 April - Wallingford, CT - The Dome**
11 April - New York, NY - Roseland**
13 April - Chicago, IL - Riviera Theater**
14 April - Grand Rapids, MI - Intersection**
15 April - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE**
16 April - Knoxville, TN - TN Theater*
18 April - Oklahoma City, OK - Diamond Ballroom**
19 April - Dallas, TX - Palladium*
20 April - San Antonio - Back Stage Live*
21 April - Corpus Christi, TX - Concrete Street*
23 April - Denver, CO - Fillmore*
25 April - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues**
26 April - Hollywood, CA - Gibson*
27 April - Oakland, CA - Fox Theatre*
28 April - Reno, NV - Grand Sierra Resort**
30 April - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theater*
01 May - Vancouver, BC - Orpheum*
03 May - Edmonton, AB - Edmonton Events Ctr*
04 May - Calgary, AB - MacEwan Hall**
05 May - Saskatoon - The Odeon**
06 May - Winnipeg, MB - Burton Cummings*
09 May - Washington DC - The Fillmore*
10 May - Charlotte, NC - Fillmore**
11 May - Myrtle Beach, SC - House of Blues*
12 May - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade Music Park**

* Opeth closing show
** Mastodon closing show

Source: opeth.com
Band profile: Opeth
Event: Opeth + Mastodon: Heritage Hunter Tour
Posted: 31.01.2012 by aerobat97

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 243 users
31.01.2012 - 21:02
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I hate you Americans It's nice to see that Mastodon and Opeth are sharing the main stage
31.01.2012 - 21:11
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Show Florida some love, damn you!
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
31.01.2012 - 21:37
Edmund Fogg

That I wanna see.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
31.01.2012 - 21:38
afu

No AZ show....
31.01.2012 - 21:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Weird. not only no Arizona dates (both have picked the venue in Tucson, let alone much larger Phoenix), no San Diego date either.

as for "hating Americans", save the hate for the Euros and their massive festivals...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.01.2012 - 21:42
psykometal
A staff guy...
No Dates for Houston, TX either. Wtf?!

Written by BitterCOld on 31.01.2012 at 21:39

as for "hating Americans", save the hate for the Euros and their massive festivals...

Seconded...big time...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

31.01.2012 - 22:09
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
Finally Opeth are coming to Toronto on a date that I can attend!
01.02.2012 - 00:00
Lit.
Account deleted
I take back everything I said about Opeth. A tour like this is for me a once in a life time thing.
01.02.2012 - 00:02
Mad Architect

Weird. not only no Arizona dates (both have picked the venue in Tucson, let alone much larger Phoenix), no San Diego date either.

QFFT! Phoenix has a population of SEVERAL million, probably four times the size of Tucson. I don't understand why no bands ever want to play here! It's not like they have problems selling tickets...

Oh well...enjoy the show guys! I'm gonna make my best effort to make it to Vegas.
01.02.2012 - 00:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Mad Architect on 01.02.2012 at 00:02

QFFT! Phoenix has a population of SEVERAL million, probably four times the size of Tucson. I don't understand why no bands ever want to play here! It's not like they have problems selling tickets...

Oh well...enjoy the show guys! I'm gonna make my best effort to make it to Vegas.

not sure what mid-size venues you have there. not sure if MastOpeth could sell out Sky or whatever, but i suppose the Marquee or whatever in Tempe by the fake lake might be big enough.

they each played a packed Rialto down here. Tucson usually is a nice stop point gig between So Cal/Phoenix and Albucrackee continuing on to either Texas or Denver.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.02.2012 - 00:18
Mad Architect

The Marquee's capacity is 1,100 people, the Venue of Scottsdale is somewhere around 1,300 (educated guess from when I played there), whatever the Dodge theater is called now is in the 5,000's...there's plenty of venues. I mean, we Arizonan's had to build enough small-mid stages to throw gasoline on the hellfire called deathcore.
01.02.2012 - 00:50
Milena
gloom cookie
I'm probably the only progster in the world who wouldn't wet their panties over this. Though I probably would go. Mikael shows a splendid sense of humor once again by the way
----
7.0 means the album is good
01.02.2012 - 01:29
The Galactician

I just saw Ghost in Seattle last night. I know they're not for everybody (whereas I myself am a rabid fan), but they totally killed it live. This show is going to be a good'n I suspect.
01.02.2012 - 07:10
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Yeah! I am up for Mastodon but wait.....Who cares for overrated Opeth?! [Respect]Mikael[/Respect]
01.02.2012 - 07:30
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I wonder how many people are gonna go to the Oakland show. Opeth isn't worth the risk of getting stabbed.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.02.2012 - 09:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
If Opeth won't play any Heritage material on this Heritage tour, then maybe I'll have reason enough to stick around that late. As it stands, I just want to see Ghost.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.02.2012 - 10:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I was lucky enough to see these two tours separately and I must say, I recommend this tour big time
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.02.2012 - 00:54
Chobo_jokeR

Written by Doc G. on 01.02.2012 at 09:26

If Opeth won't play any Heritage material on this Heritage tour, then maybe I'll have reason enough to stick around that late. As it stands, I just want to see Ghost.

I really hope Opeth play different stuff than the last tour...god, that was disappointing. Either way, Mastodon is who I'm going to see. Ghost will be a bonus.

Hits total: 3801 | This month: 8