Metal Storm logo
Guns N' Roses

Original post

Posted by Eight, 18.05.2006 - 13:36
I do belive that all of you know this band, don't you ? So i guess ill be the one who creates this thread.
I hear peoplesaying that Guns'n'Roses would be better off whitout Axel! i think not, whats done is done, and there couldnt be G'n'R whitout Axels Guns
08.01.2008 - 00:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.01.2008 at 23:57

Written by Doc G. on 07.01.2008 at 23:54

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.01.2008 at 15:16

Written by Doc G. on 07.01.2008 at 09:00

@Something wicked
Velvet Revolver is possibly one of the most bland boring rock bands Ive ever heard, I seriously dont know what the hell Slash and Duff are thinking when they came up with that crap. Libertad is trash.

Axl still sounds great to me, on the new Sebastian Bach album he sounds good (and yeah, next to Bach hes not the best). ....

I agree with you on the Velvet Revolver comment.

But Axl sounding good on Angel Down? You gotta be kidding me, he just sounds bad. Okay not as bad as he does live, but bad nonetheless. If it had been anyone else sounding like that on Angel Down they would have been instantly burned to the ground. SOmehow people are afraid to tell what it really is when it comes to Axl's current singing.

Really? it seems everyone hates Axl, everyone I know hates Axl to no end. I dont think he sounded bad, I think next to Bach he was upstaged but overall I didnt mind it at all.

What I see in the printed press and other respected metal press is that peopel are afraid to dis his singing but they hate him when it comes to the total dickhead he can be.

Ah, I see what you mean. The only problem I have with his latest vocals is the lack of rawness to it, like in songs like 'Welcome To The Jungle' and 'Youre Crazy' it had a vicious sound to it, these latest vocals sound to clean and tame sounding, but other than that I dont mind em.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.01.2008 - 22:30
Purple.Penguin
Account deleted
I Love Guns 'n' Roses!!
Me & my friends at college performed 'Its So Easy'.
It was amazing.
My mate Adam is like a mini Slash!
lol
16.01.2008 - 09:08
Number Juan
One of the first bands I ever heard. I still love their music very much and I think I always will.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
01.04.2008 - 13:23
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
my fav.song is "November Rain" and when I heard this song for first time , I find out whats meaning of Guns'n'Roses band
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
05.04.2008 - 23:52
metalhead3
g'n'r is the great band.my favourite song is don't cry,song is the great
07.04.2008 - 04:59
Mother_North
I began loving heavy music because of GN'R, they are still my favorite band during almost 16 years devoted to heavy metal/hard rock
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
07.04.2008 - 13:10
owl
Written by Mother_North on 07.04.2008 at 04:59

I began loving heavy music because of GN'R
The same happened to me, but they are no longer my favorite band - even because they don't exist anymore. Still I keep them in a special place of my memories, and I still love to put their CD's on the player, once in a while.
Their dismembering was a real pity for hard rock, they could've given us so much more...
----
08.04.2008 - 00:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by owl on 07.04.2008 at 13:10

Written by Mother_North on 07.04.2008 at 04:59

I began loving heavy music because of GN'R
The same happened to me, but they are no longer my favorite band - even because they don't exist anymore. Still I keep them in a special place of my memories, and I still love to put their CD's on the player, once in a while.
Their dismembering was a real pity for hard rock, they could've given us so much more...

I sort of disagree, having that "Shooting Star" quality in a band can sometimes help. Take The Rolling Stones for example, their new albums are pretty bad (the last 3 or 4). So Guns N Roses (the true Guns N Roses) didn't have a chance to stagnate or release a terrible album.
----
- George Carlin
08.04.2008 - 01:26
owl
Written by Doc G. on 08.04.2008 at 00:38
I sort of disagree, having that "Shooting Star" quality in a band can sometimes help. Take The Rolling Stones for example, their new albums are pretty bad (the last 3 or 4). So Guns N Roses (the true Guns N Roses) didn't have a chance to stagnate or release a terrible album.
Well, that's a way to put it, yes. And that theory would be perfect if they hadn't released "The Spaghetti Incident". That was a step down from the "Use Your Illusion" duo.

Furthermore, I've always believed that an indecision is worse than a bad decision... And their new (supposedly) forthcoming album, "Chinese Democracy" is an indecision, to me.
----
08.04.2008 - 02:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by owl on 08.04.2008 at 01:26

Written by Doc G. on 08.04.2008 at 00:38
Well, that's a way to put it, yes. And that theory would be perfect if they hadn't released "The Spaghetti Incident". That was a step down from the "Use Your Illusion" duo.

Furthermore, I've always believed that an indecision is worse than a bad decision... And their new (supposedly) forthcoming album, "Chinese Democracy" is an indecision, to me.

Spaghetti Incident is more of a mini-album to tide the fans over until the next release (kind of what they did with GnR lies), hence why the album is all punk covers, which I thought were pretty good, Duff singing 'Raw Power' and 'Attitude' was awesome. As far as the upcoming album goes, its not Old GnR but I still like what Ive heard.
----
- George Carlin
10.04.2008 - 09:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
About Axl he was total jerk and nowdays ... his hair ... sorry Korn style isnt GnR I us eto like this abnd and still like but till 1993 and not more. Slash Snakipitt are ok, but Velver Revolver ... iok Axl, even he write sbeautifull poems and his voice are all but his mind are in other galaxy and his first wife ... she deserves die how girls can like Axl
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.05.2008 - 13:30
Trinstar
I don't really think Guns N' Roses are "metal", because I can't think of a single song of theirs that is really "metal". I mean, my mom listens to GNR. But they are a great band nonetheless, and Axl Rose is from my hometown area! GNR have delivered a couple times, with Appetite and the Illusions, a decent effort on GNR Lies, and a steaming pile of spaghetti. I don't think these guys really put out enough good material, but the same could be said for Metallica. LoL The fact is that the material they DID put out is exemplary, and they have diverse styles. I really like Mr. Brownstone, which is my favorite song of theirs. Reminds me of when I used to... ehh... hmm nevermind. November Rain is a masterpiece as well, and other tunes are classic, such as "14 Years", "Don't Cry", "Patience", "Dead Horse", "My Michelle" and "Civil War". Axl writes some great lyrics, to be sure, but his attitude sucks, which is why his band fell apart.
----
Every one of us has heard the call
Brothers of True Metal, proud and standing tall
We know the power within us has brought us to this hall
There's magic in the metal; there's magic is us all
05.06.2008 - 20:52
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Chines Democracy out now

but unfortunly CD won't be out yet, cause chines Comunists decide to leave it like it is, one party system so we need to wait for album litle bit longer then we hope to,
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
05.06.2008 - 23:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by EddieGunner on 05.06.2008 at 20:52

Chines Democracy out now

but unfortunly CD won't be out yet, cause chines Comunists decide to leave it like it is, one party system so we need to wait for album litle bit longer then we hope to,

nice date when realise it before olympics
----

apos;'
[image]
23.06.2008 - 04:11
I LOVE GUNS N' ROSES! Appetite For Destruction is one of the best albums ever made. A really underrated song by them is Think About You and My Michelle!
01.07.2008 - 16:53
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
i like them so much, but i heard somthin about this album 3 years ago or maybe more!! so when this fuckin album will release!! i cant wait some more years man!
01.07.2008 - 17:15
Hamird
Lieutenant
I don't like Guns n' Roses without Slash and Duff Mckagan. Old stuff are amazing because Slash is there in those works but Guns n' Roses with no Slash is no good.
I prefer to listen to Velvet Revolver right now instead of Guns n' Roses because I liked Guns n' Roses because of Slash's great performance. Their works until 1992 are great. I like most of their work, specially Sweet Child O Mine, Don't Cry and Patience!
01.07.2008 - 19:33
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 01.07.2008 at 17:15

I don't like Guns n' Roses without Slash and Duff Mckagan. Old stuff are amazing because Slash is there in those works but Guns n' Roses with no Slash is no good.
I prefer to listen to Velvet Revolver right now instead of Guns n' Roses because I liked Guns n' Roses because of Slash's great performance. Their works until 1992 are great. I like most of their work, specially Sweet Child O Mine, Don't Cry and Patience!

i prefer to see Slash with Michael Jackson.
01.07.2008 - 19:49
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Guest on 01.07.2008 at 19:33

Are you denying his talent and power in playing guitar? or you really like Michael Jackson?
02.07.2008 - 11:13
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 01.07.2008 at 19:49

Are you denying his talent and power in playing guitar? or you really like Michael Jackson?

i like slash. but i dont know whey he did somthin like that. and i prefer that forget his work with michael gay jackson. and IMO he is one of the most friendly guitarists.
02.07.2008 - 16:42
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Guest on 02.07.2008 at 11:13

Written by Hamird on 01.07.2008 at 19:49

i like slash. but i dont know whey he did somthin like that. and i prefer that forget his work with michael gay jackson. and IMO he is one of the most friendly guitarists.

Yeah, I don't know the reason either but I like him. and Michael sodomy Jackson not Michael Gay Jackson
04.07.2008 - 23:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Real Guns n Roses was Axl Rosse and Slash, those was main people into band, Izzy and Duff too, but drummer...he never was into band same like Axl who was in his won reality
----

apos;'
[image]
05.07.2008 - 00:23
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
i dl some new leaks of Guns N roses, new album, sounds good but it's notz same old GNR it's new and diferent
----
Erno Paasilinna
05.07.2008 - 18:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by EddieGunner on 05.07.2008 at 00:23

i dl some new leaks of Guns N roses, new album, sounds good but it's notz same old GNR it's new and diferent

Yes, I quite enjoy the new stuff myself. I'm really tired of every person simply bashing Axl Rose, thinking there saying something that 30 people havnt said already, half of them probably not even actually giving the new stuff a single listen before continuing on with there "Axl looks silly now, and Slash isnt in the band, therefore it sucks". Well, Slash isnt in a lot of your favorite bands, does that mean they suck? No. If your trying to look for classic Guns N Roses with the new stuff, you'll be terribly disappointed, but if you take it for what it is, its actually quite good.
----
- George Carlin
05.07.2008 - 18:52
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 05.07.2008 at 18:31

Yes, I quite enjoy the new stuff myself. I'm really tired of every person simply bashing Axl Rose, thinking there saying something that 30 people havnt said already, half of them probably not even actually giving the new stuff a single listen before continuing on with there "Axl looks silly now, and Slash isnt in the band, therefore it sucks". Well, Slash isnt in a lot of your favorite bands, does that mean they suck? No. If your trying to look for classic Guns N Roses with the new stuff, you'll be terribly disappointed, but if you take it for what it is, its actually quite good.

Axl Rose was 90% of Guns 'N Roses IMO and i dont think that slash was the most important, i dont like his own wroks.
05.07.2008 - 19:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 05.07.2008 at 18:52

Axl Rose was 90% of Guns 'N Roses IMO and i dont think that slash was the most important, i dont like his own wroks.

Thank you. In fact Izzy was actually more of a contribution to GnR than Slash, if you look at a lot of songs by Hollywood Rose (an early form of GnR that had Axl and Izzy in it) a lot of the GnR songs or early forms of them can be found in there. And Velvet Revolver is completely boring.
----
- George Carlin
06.07.2008 - 03:20
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah Izzy could be man who's maybe 2nd in band, cause Axl always was nomber 1, slash was great guitar player but dunno outside GN'R he ain't so great like he was in band,
i personaly dislike Axl, cause but he had good voice back then and nice lirics now days songs sound pretty good, not great but good for old redneck
----
Erno Paasilinna
06.07.2008 - 10:52
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 05.07.2008 at 19:23

Written by Guest on 05.07.2008 at 18:52

Thank you. In fact Izzy was actually more of a contribution to GnR than Slash, if you look at a lot of songs by Hollywood Rose (an early form of GnR that had Axl and Izzy in it) a lot of the GnR songs or early forms of them can be found in there. And Velvet Revolver is completely boring.

agree Velvet Revolver is a shame for slash.
27.07.2008 - 10:56
Diluted
Account deleted
in my personal opinion- Guns N' Roses is the best classic rock band EVER
27.07.2008 - 17:28
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Axl Rose is a leggend for rock as cobain was. i cant say how important is axl rose in 80's and 90's hard rock music.