Metal Storm logo
DragonForce - New Album Details Revealed

British power metallers DragonForce revealed on their official website details about the band's upcoming album. It will be titled The Power Within and will be released in the UK on April 15th via the band's own Electric Generation Recordings, distributed by Essential Music (UK), Roadrunner Records (North America), 3Wise (Australia) and JVC Victor (Japan). The Power Within is their fifth full-length studio album and the first with the new singer Marc Hudson.

There will also be a digital and vinyl version featuring bonus tracks "Cry Thunder" (Live Rehearsal), "Heart Of The Storm" (Alternative Chorus Version) and "Avant La Tempête" (Instrumental), plus an exclusive box set featuring: CD version, access code for bonus material, plus DragonForce flag, DF flashlight/bottle opener and a set of 6 DF beer mats featuring band cartoons by bassist Frédéric Leclercq.

Herman Li commented: "The last two years have been the most fun we ever had making an album. Through writing, jamming and touring together, we have built this incredible energy and it has been fully captured on the new album. This time around we've really brought our metal side to the surface and made some of the best music of our career. From the fastest song we've ever recorded ('Fallen World') to the slower songs, and some things you would never expect from us, this is by far the most diverse DragonForce album yet."

The Power Within tracklist:

01. Holding On
02. Fallen World
03. Cry Thunder
04. Give Me The Night
05. Wings Of Liberty
06. Seasons
07. Heart Of The Storm
08. Die By The Sword
09. Last Man Stands
10. Seasons [acoustic version]

Artwork

Source: dragonforce.com
Band profile: DragonForce
Posted: 03.02.2012 by kual21

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 203 users
03.02.2012 - 13:18
Swietowit11

Dammit! I was hoping the next album would be called "So Far Away", or at least contain a song called that.
03.02.2012 - 14:49
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hmm... this talk about slower songs and diversity actually has me quite eager to check out this new album! This one could be interesting...
03.02.2012 - 15:46
Andreas

Written by Angelic Storm on 03.02.2012 at 14:49

Hmm... this talk about slower songs and diversity actually has me quite eager to check out this new album! This one could be interesting...

I was thinking the same thing, but it could be PR bullshit of course.
03.02.2012 - 16:28
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Swietowit11 on 03.02.2012 at 13:18

Dammit! I was hoping the next album would be called "So Far Away", or at least contain a song called that.

im sure they'll say it in a song, at least fifty times
03.02.2012 - 16:36
Torgo

No hate comments yet!! whoa! cant wait to check out that acoustic track!! should be fun!
03.02.2012 - 17:34
gopherhawk2@gmail.co

Change of pace here eh? Exciting proposition.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
03.02.2012 - 18:40
midland_don

Honestly, worst album artwork ever!!!
03.02.2012 - 20:35
ChampionOfPower

VotD and SF were pretty good, but I became bored with the repetitiveness of IR and didn't even bother with UB. I'm intrigued by the comment about their "metal side." And I'll have to hear Fallen World at least once to find out just how fast they're talking about, but the diversity would be a welcome change of pace.
03.02.2012 - 20:54
Stabby
Account deleted
Oh good, the release date isn't...so far away

*ducks*
03.02.2012 - 23:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Andreas on 03.02.2012 at 15:46
I was thinking the same thing, but it could be PR bullshit of course.

I almost mentioned the possibility of that in my previous post, but declined from doing so. Of course, it could just be the usual pre-new album release hyperbole, but I'm really hoping it's not. Dragonforce have always seemed to me like hugely wasted potential. There's no doubt there's a lot of talent in that band, but in the past, they've squandered so much of it on OTT-showy theatrics. All flash, and little substance. Hopefully at last, they will put out an album that a band with that amount of talent in it should be releasing.

@Midland_don: No way, the cover of the last album was far worse, and too cheesy even for me to digest!
04.02.2012 - 00:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
HERMAN RI STRIKES AGAIN. I wonder how this new singer is gonna work out.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.02.2012 - 02:31
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.02.2012 at 23:30

Dragonforce have always seemed to me like hugely wasted potential. There's no doubt there's a lot of talent in that band, but in the past, they've squandered so much of it on OTT-showy theatrics. All flash, and little substance. Hopefully at last, they will put out an album that a band with that amount of talent in it should be releasing.

Agreed to this to some extent, though I don't think I'll be listening to this until five different people whom I trust confirm that it is listenable... my ears really hurt from their prev. albums. I remember I checked out the presentation of their new singer, and though the background music/melody was the same old crap, but I really liked his heavy metal scream and general tone of voice. I'm sure the fans of the band will be pleased with the new singer, so that is a positive, as the previous dude had nothing special going on in his singing.
----
7.0 means the album is good
04.02.2012 - 05:17
Mountain King
K i K o
As much as i think Power Metal is the best genre, this band makes Power Metal look ridiculous. Let's hope this fact is changed...
04.02.2012 - 05:26
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.02.2012 at 14:49

Slower by normal standards or slower by Dragonforce standards?
Either way, let the guitar wankery begin!
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
05.02.2012 - 02:20
Kingface

One of the songs that Dragonforce have been playing live from this album in their shows with Marc so far (think it's 'Cry Thunder') certainly does sound a bit different if I remember rightly, especially by DF's standards, so you never know, this album might just be different and good enough.

Intrigued to find out either way. Shame the cover looks rubbish, aside from the use of the classic Yellow DF logo.

Hits total: 3852 | This month: 5