‹‹ Back to the Serious discussions Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]
Users visited: 404  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 22.10.2006 at 20:47
I'm really tired of all the feminists who blames every single bad thing in the society on the men.

A few years ago the leader of the national organisation for women- and girl-helpcenters (dont know the proper english translation) said, in public, that all men are pigs. How the hell can she say something like that? How the hell can women draw the conclusion that ALL men are bad?
Afterwards, when it had been on the first page in every newspaper, there was a reporter who asked her if she still meant what she said. She answered "But all men ARE pigs. Don't YOU think so?"
When I heard that I was like "whoa!" I mean, she sounded like a freakin maniac. I was honestly scared.

Another feminist debate in Sweden was whether we would boycott the FIFA World Cup just because prostitution is legal in Germany. Some stupid feminist (can't remember name) wrote a blog about that men "should take their responsibility". She said that if you're not against it, you're with it. How the hell can she really believe that i can't enjoy football without having to fuck a prostitute after a game? Talk about preconceived opinions.
"Men are pigs" pfff... That fucking feminist blogger is nothing but a filthy animal.

Since a new party started in Swedish politics, Feministic Initiative, I am no longer a feminist. I do believe that men and women should be equal to eachother, but the word feminist has got a new meaning to me. Feminism is now a synonyme to the word "sexism".
This party wanted all men to pay a certain tax that would pay for the rehabilitation of beat up women. Fucking fascists!

And have you heard about the book "The SCUM-manifest"? The author basically says that men are the reason why the world is as bad as it is, and that all women should exterminate the male gender. Hmm, that sounds familiar somehow. Could it be MEIN KAMPF, written by freakin ADOLF HITLER??? Only the word "jew" has been replaced by the word "male".

I am not a feminist, but I am a feminimasculinist. I don't want women to run the world. I want both men AND women to do it. Therefore, I am a feminimasculinist.
All feminists should burn in hell. Boycott feminism.

Page 25 of 25

Overrwatcher

12.06.2016 at 02:01
Written by Rasputin on 11.06.2016 at 19:43

Cheap cope out. That's what happens when you argue with a child.

At least I can recognize I'm a child. Can't say the same for you.

I cop out because I'd rather be doing more productive or more satisfying things, like making lists on this forum or looking at a good pair of boobs.

Quote:

And the reason for Russia, is because I do business there and I stay quite a lot there

Still don't live there though. And you seem quite obsessed with Russia in literally every way, why don't you move there? It would solve a lot of your bitterness at least.

We're getting way derailed from the topic of feminism so I probably will stop here before Marcel pulls out his ruler and forcefully takes the discussion back on track. I could argue for feminism all I want but I didn't come to this forum to play therapist for a bunch of neckbeards. I've got enough neckbeard friends to do that for. So yeah, this is where I hop off. Nice talking to you, Rasputin, if you are still in your 20's (since you don't list your age anywhere) then I hope you find your way soon enough to not waste the best dating years, and if you are older than I can kind of understand why you would be so jaded. You are so cold-hearted and I just wanted to help you change your ways </3
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
Rasputin

12.06.2016 at 04:47
Written by Overrwatcher on 12.06.2016 at 02:01

Written by Rasputin on 11.06.2016 at 19:43

Cheap cope out. That's what happens when you argue with a child.

At least I can recognize I'm a child. Can't say the same for you.

I cop out because I'd rather be doing more productive or more satisfying things, like making lists on this forum or looking at a good pair of boobs.

Quote:

And the reason for Russia, is because I do business there and I stay quite a lot there

Still don't live there though. And you seem quite obsessed with Russia in literally every way, why don't you move there? It would solve a lot of your bitterness at least.

We're getting way derailed from the topic of feminism so I probably will stop here before Marcel pulls out his ruler and forcefully takes the discussion back on track. I could argue for feminism all I want but I didn't come to this forum to play therapist for a bunch of neckbeards. I've got enough neckbeard friends to do that for. So yeah, this is where I hop off. Nice talking to you, Rasputin, if you are still in your 20's (since you don't list your age anywhere) then I hope you find your way soon enough to not waste the best dating years, and if you are older than I can kind of understand why you would be so jaded. You are so cold-hearted and I just wanted to help you change your ways </3

Nice talking to you Overwatcher
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

18.06.2016 at 13:13
What IS a neckbeard? (besides an actual beard, although I'm not entirely sure what one looks like, anyway)
----
Mum - 21/10/1955 - 19/6/2015. R.I.P.

"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
"Thinking quickly, Dave constructs a homemade megaphone using only some string, a squirrel and a megaphone."
Go the Sharks!
psykometal
A staff guy...

18.06.2016 at 18:45
Oky doky, people, I've dealt with the Russian-wannabe prick and (I think) all of his shitty comments in this thread. Let's move on and forget about him and go about our business.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

no one

19.06.2016 at 04:05
Written by psykometal on 18.06.2016 at 18:45

Oky doky, people, I've dealt with the Russian-wannabe prick and (I think) all of his shitty comments in this thread. Let's move on and forget about him and go about our business.

----
nobody
Overrwatcher

20.06.2016 at 12:25
Written by M C Vice on 18.06.2016 at 13:13

What IS a neckbeard? (besides an actual beard, although I'm not entirely sure what one looks like, anyway)

A neckbeard is someone who is extremely socially inept, like not just to the point where they are extremely introverted and thought of as weird, but to the point where they are aggressive and make everyone around them uncomfortable. They are extremely nerdy, and extremely passionate about it. A lot of the long, long rants consisting of nothing but sheer hatred are often by neckbeards. They are failures at life in every way: They often are No Education, Employment, or Training (NEET) people who are morbidly obese, have very poorly maintained facial hair, never shower, and can not say anything to a woman without coming off as a horrible creep. They have an obsession with fedoras and think they are "classy intellectuals" when they really aren't either. They don't need to have all of these traits, it's just the stereotype and often known as being "neckbeard in spirit". /r/justneckbeardthings is filled with examples.

Not to be confused with "Nice Guys". All neckbeards are Nice Guys, but not all Nice Guys are neckbeards. A Nice Guy is a man who thinks that because he is being a basic human being (i.e. not being an asshole), women must have sex with him, so he will do small favors for women for long periods of time and then ask them out. If the woman rejects him, saying that she views him as only a friend, then he has entered the "friendzone" in his mind, because he was being too nice. Now she's a fucking slut apparently, even though that logic makes no sense due to what "slut" means. Have this happen enough times and instead of thinking there is something wrong with him, they think there is something wrong with women as a whole, and as a result he becomes a misogynist. /r/niceguys is filled with great examples.

Whenever you are feeling socially inept, always remember these guys exist.

Now consider what I said about neckbeard passion and loudness, and Nice Guys eventually becoming misogynists, and you just summed up a lot of internet men's rights activists. It's a shame, there is legit men's rights topics as shown on /r/menslib, I just can't take the term "MRA" seriously any more.
----

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
IronAngel

20.06.2016 at 14:50
'Neckbeard' is an internet meme and a misandrist slur for an imaginary demographic. The stereotype is pretty much what Overrwatcher describes, but to suppose that this is an accurate description of any homogenous group of people is pretty naive.

They love the trilby, though, not the fedora. Don't knock on fedoras.

Rasputin is not really a neckbeard (if we are to use the term, which I find ironically inappropriate in a topic about feminism), and certainly not a Nice Guy. He is a dangerous, hateful fascist, either an unwitting pawn and groupie of Russia's organised troll army or even part of it himself (which I find unlikely, given his long history here). Treating him as just another socially inept internet meme underestimates the danger the civilised West is facing from his kind. People have already died.
Overrwatcher

21.06.2016 at 07:39
Written by IronAngel on 20.06.2016 at 14:50

'Neckbeard' is an internet meme and a misandrist slur for an imaginary demographic. The stereotype is pretty much what Overrwatcher describes, but to suppose that this is an accurate description of any homogenous group of people is pretty naive.

They love the trilby, though, not the fedora. Don't knock on fedoras.

Rasputin is not really a neckbeard (if we are to use the term, which I find ironically inappropriate in a topic about feminism), and certainly not a Nice Guy. He is a dangerous, hateful fascist, either an unwitting pawn and groupie of Russia's organised troll army or even part of it himself (which I find unlikely, given his long history here). Treating him as just another socially inept internet meme underestimates the danger the civilised West is facing from his kind. People have already died.

What I always find silly about neckbeards is how they talk about how great the fedoras are, and then end up buying a trilby instead lol.

It definitely is bad to associate Rasputin with neckbeards when he really is something completely different (neckbeards are almost never straight-up neo-nazis), but I don't feel as if it's a misandrist slur. It is a ridiculous stereotype that very few people fall perfectly into, and people have had their entire lives ruined by unfortunately having only harmless characteristics of the stereotype (they could have a neckbeard and be overweight but maintain good hygiene and are upstanding individuals), but it's wrong to associate it specifically as a slur against men. The average guy is not like that. Nobody thinks that every guy is a neckbeard, unlike how misogynists (like Thy Art Is Murder's original vocalist) think all women are sluts. A misandrist view would be more in the line of the stereotype that all men are braindead 300-pound hulks of testosterone who will have sex with you whether you consent or not. Misandry is more in the line of "You're a man? Get away from me" than "You're an unlikable person? Get away from me". Neckbeards are hated because they are obnoxious losers with zero social skills, not because they are men. The female equivalent of a neckbeard is so rare and instead shoved into the "tumblrina" stereotype that the stereotype was applied to men only similar to tumblrina being female-only. And for that, only /r/the_donald neckbeards think that every woman who uses tumblr are one of those. Tumblr is used a ton by regular teenage/college girls who obsess over Supernatural/Doctor Who/Sherlock as well. Hell, that's their biggest demographic, dwarfing said tumblrinas by a factor of hundreds, and anyone with even a little bit of sanity would know that if they know about tumblr.

And neckbeards do exist, not quite with all of the stereotypical physical traits, but definitely with all of the mental ones. I know a few of them, the only reason why they don't make any advances onto me is because they know I'm not into guys. I always try to help them, but unfortunately they are so deep down in a pit of loneliness and despair that they become jaded to all women and are starting to distance themselves from me. After so many rejections despite trying to "improve" themselves, they fall into Nice Guy mentality. While a portion of misogynists are Nice Guys, they are a small portion compared to other misogynist stereotypes, like the overly macho men that want to avoid all femininity, or many other different stereotypes, or none at all. I know a guy who is a serious misogynist but he isn't awkward or overly macho or fitting in any of these stereotypes. He just had poor influences from his parents' divorce and doesn't even realize what he is doing. When I brought it up to him he was super offended in a way of "you're calling me a misogynist?"

I do have an unhealthy view of men, however, so that could cloud my view and I maybe am the crazy dick-hater some people claim I am. After years and years of that one guy being my best friend, and to see him drift away after several failed relationships and every ex telling me the same thing about him, and to see him become more and more manipulative and dangerous as time went on and not realizing how that actually highlights his red flags even more, until everything between us two utterly snapped when he got excessively loud and confrontational about his racist/sexist politics. And my other guy friends trying to back him up and explain "oh you're just misinterpreting him", "stop being so sensitive", "he's avoiding us because of YOU", I started drifting away from them as well. Even my brother is part of that crowd, and the way he talks about his ex-girlfriends (even one he's still "close friends" with) is disgusting. The girls were the only ones that listened to me and went "yep, sounds like so many people I know". If it weren't for my dad reassuring me that I'm not the crazy one here and he noticed it all from a distance, I probably would have fallen into straight-up misandry. I have shitty friends. I still hang out with them, only because I didn't bother making very many other friends over the years and just stuck with them, but I'm gradually meeting new people. It's really difficult starting over.

Sorry for the rant that derailed from your original point, I just kind of started off with my problem of calling "neckbeard" a misandrist term and then went off from there to something very relevant to the topic at hand. What I just mentioned above is the reason why I care so much about both feminism and MRA. Men generally have very poor understanding of women while women have unhealthy views of men. I just want both of those issues to go away. I was the only girl in my large group of guys, and I've seen a lot of cases for the opposite. And it feels like the stereotype is that they have to be gay. Think about the one token gay guy surrounded by a bunch of girls, or my situation being the vice versa. And it has to do a lot with the poor communication between the two sexes.
----

IronAngel

21.06.2016 at 12:35
Well, I don't think the neckbeard stereotype is categorically misandrist and I probably would not bat an eyelid in a different context, but on further thought it seems to me much like the negative female stereotypes (the man-hating feminazi, the stupid slut, the manipulative leech who'll marry you and divorce for your money, etc.) that feminism is rightly criticising. That is why I find it ironic and worth pointing out in this specific topic. I mean, if it was a stereotype that was chiefly applied to women it would be immediately recognised as problematic.

Of course, this is related to my more general opinion that generalisations, or at least praise or criticism based on a generalised description of a person ('He's pathetic because he's a neckbeard' or whatever) are not very useful and on-point. A negative opinion of women or even complete social ineptitude aren't necessarily connected to what makes a neckbeard: a terrible sense of style, socially uncool hobbies, participation in certain social circles online and overall dorkiness are, to me, much more relevant and have nothing to do with misogyny. Take the YouTuber Boogie2988, for instance: classic neckbeard in many key aspects but to my (limited) knowledge, a (genuinely) nice guy.

Personally, I've witnessed very few bad experiences about gender relations (or whatever). I am a straight guy but the vast majority of my friends have always been girls/women. (In fact all of the closest ones, although I do still occasionally hang out with a few old male schoolmates.) Probably I have been lucky with my social circles - I have always been part of the "nice" and "smart" crowds which were bullied in the lower grades but became the cool thing in high school, and in Uni I avoided the annoying students' union crowd - but I have never found gender relations to be very problematic or acute on a personal, grassroots level. To me the issue is largely political and to a lesser extent cultural (i.e. in the media and social media).
Slayer666

26.06.2016 at 00:29
Daww, this is adorable. I'm a fucking brain-dead piece of shit from Serbia whose only 21 and I think I know SO much MORE about genders and the differences between them than a 17 year old American girl that I decided to attack her and then claim to be an authority on a state in a country I don't even live in, and all this after I flashed my asshole to Staff in the Islam thread! Later peeps; cuz I asked for your best shots and I got it (Das Boothammer!)!

~ Original message edited out by Mod for it's goadful stupidity and intentional offensiveness; now it's more accurate. ~
mz

26.06.2016 at 03:06

haha this just turned into an attack on CF? :'( that would be one of the few states in US that I might want to live in at some point.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
mz

26.06.2016 at 03:09
And yeah, bringing up which state people are coming from. way to have very advanced discussions.
----
Maco

26.06.2016 at 07:11
Oh boy here we go again
----
I'm derp.
psykometal
A staff guy...

26.06.2016 at 09:31
Written by mz on 26.06.2016 at 03:06

CF

If this is meant to be the state code for California, then *CA would be the correct one.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

mz

26.06.2016 at 12:50
Written by psykometal on 26.06.2016 at 09:31

CF

If this is meant to be the state code for California, then *CA would be the correct one.

in my defense, this is what you get to do when you are having half-drunk post at 2 in the morning, while you also think about Sanfransico and Californium , abbreviated as Cf.
----
Apothecary
Kvlt Hipster

26.06.2016 at 14:54
Written by Maco on 26.06.2016 at 07:11

Oh boy here we go again

MS Serious Discussions: popcorn not included
----
Written by RaduP on 14.01.2016 at 02:08

So you're not actually a bearded shaman opening his third eye through music?
Overrwatcher

26.06.2016 at 16:43
That edit of Slayer's post is brilliant. Just close enough to the original, but turned around on him. That's the way to go.

I have to say, at least Rasputin had a little bit of tact to him. Slayer had no subtlety.

haha this just turned into an attack on CF? :'( that would be one of the few states in US that I might want to live in at some point.

California is known as one of the liberal capitals of the US, since politically we have voted Democrat for the past 24 years while being the largest state in the US by a huge margin. Being liberal has been a bad thing on the internet for the past ~2 years due to it no longer favoring "brogressiveness" (progressive only for what benefits a young white man, due to them being the internet majority) and the movement now being thought of as going "too far" due to moving to trans rights. They don't acknowledge gender dysphoria as a legitimate biological disorder and all they associate with trans people are either Caitlyn Jenner or nonbinary stuff, both being looked at extremely unfavorably. Combine that with a confirmation bias that all liberals are extreme SJWs and you've got a neon glowing target for mostly-liberal California. Slayer/Raspy can't really target much about me or my views so they targeted where I live based on stereotype and political leanings.

California is pretty decent, but it greatly depends on where you live. If you aren't going upscale in California, don't bother. The rent and house costs are extremely high, even in shitty neighborhoods, and Homeowner's Association fees often bite you in the ass. A 4 bed 3 bath 2 story house in a poor backwater neighborhood for $600k is about right. The same house in a good part of California, like any university city (Irvine and La Jolla), would be roughly 1 million. Go literally only a state over and prices plummet. But we have great healthcare, extremely low crime rates in said upscale areas, a governor who isn't utterly retarded, a usually moderate climate (not right now 115F/46C temperatures fucking kill me), and cheerful and open minded (if a bit pretentious) people. I sure as hell prefer it over any other state I've been to, that's for sure. Anyway, back on topic...

Written by IronAngel on 21.06.2016 at 12:35

Well, I don't think the neckbeard stereotype is categorically misandrist and I probably would not bat an eyelid in a different context, but on further thought it seems to me much like the negative female stereotypes (the man-hating feminazi, the stupid slut, the manipulative leech who'll marry you and divorce for your money, etc.) that feminism is rightly criticising. That is why I find it ironic and worth pointing out in this specific topic. I mean, if it was a stereotype that was chiefly applied to women it would be immediately recognised as problematic.

Of course, this is related to my more general opinion that generalisations, or at least praise or criticism based on a generalised description of a person ('He's pathetic because he's a neckbeard' or whatever) are not very useful and on-point. A negative opinion of women or even complete social ineptitude aren't necessarily connected to what makes a neckbeard: a terrible sense of style, socially uncool hobbies, participation in certain social circles online and overall dorkiness are, to me, much more relevant and have nothing to do with misogyny. Take the YouTuber Boogie2988, for instance: classic neckbeard in many key aspects but to my (limited) knowledge, a (genuinely) nice guy.

Personally, I've witnessed very few bad experiences about gender relations (or whatever). I am a straight guy but the vast majority of my friends have always been girls/women. (In fact all of the closest ones, although I do still occasionally hang out with a few old male schoolmates.) Probably I have been lucky with my social circles - I have always been part of the "nice" and "smart" crowds which were bullied in the lower grades but became the cool thing in high school, and in Uni I avoided the annoying students' union crowd - but I have never found gender relations to be very problematic or acute on a personal, grassroots level. To me the issue is largely political and to a lesser extent cultural (i.e. in the media and social media).

I get what you are saying about not grouping all men into different stereotypes and I completely agree. Stereotypes are bad in general, especially when it's applied to something you can't control. Being a guy doesn't mean that you are a neckbeard. Being Asian doesn't mean you are good at math. I prefer separating the neckbeard stereotype into its own bubble, since it's not a stereotype of men but instead a stereotype of nerds.

The thing about neckbeards and misogyny is that it's not a requirement. It's just quite a few of them happen to be misogynists due to the reasons I explained above. The things you mentioned are far more prevalent in the though of a neckbeard, as well as obnoxiousness. I find that a lot of internet misogynists are neckbeards, and the Nice Guy stereotype usually doesn't develop into full-on hate. Sure, they don't view women quite as human (rather as sex objects which may exchange their bodies for a little bit of kindness), but it's not an intentional misogyny, and they don't even realize what they're doing. If you call them out on it then they get super defensive, not because they're hiding it, but because they don't see themselves doing anything wrong. So really most neckbeards/Nice Guys aren't a problem in the context of feminism. They may claim they hate feminism, but they only hate radical feminism. A lot of them later say that they don't mind equality, which is, you know, feminism. If anything, they would benefit from feminism, it would help them understand women better.

Boogie was actually the guy I was thinking about in terms of "really sweet and intelligent guy who gets witch-hunted because he looks like a neckbeard". To be fair some of the misguided hate has to do with his "Francis" persona displaying a stereotypical neckbeard, and if that's the only part of him you have been exposed to then it's easy he's just another neckbeard. But even people who know his genuine personality still hate on him simply because of his physical appearance. It's really sad.

Your last paragraph also made me remember something else: Our backgrounds shape our views. We have different backgrounds as far as gender, nationality, and most importantly personal experiences, and as a result we have somewhat different views on the same agreement. I always find that really cool.
----

Uldreth

26.06.2016 at 21:06
Written by Overrwatcher on 20.06.2016 at 12:25

Not to be confused with "Nice Guys". All neckbeards are Nice Guys, but not all Nice Guys are neckbeards. A Nice Guy is a man who thinks that because he is being a basic human being (i.e. not being an asshole), women must have sex with him, so he will do small favors for women for long periods of time and then ask them out. If the woman rejects him, saying that she views him as only a friend, then he has entered the "friendzone" in his mind, because he was being too nice. Now she's a fucking slut apparently, even though that logic makes no sense due to what "slut" means. Have this happen enough times and instead of thinking there is something wrong with him, they think there is something wrong with women as a whole, and as a result he becomes a misogynist. /r/niceguys is filled with great examples.

Darn, this reminds me how I hate that this thing exists, since it makes so easy to be misunderstood when you actually have honest intentions. Funny thing is in the last semester I did some tutoring favours to a girl few years behind me in the same spec, with absolutely no secret motives whatsoever, but over time I did develop a crush on her, and when I learned she was single (she used to have a bf througout the time), I asked her out (about a week or so ago). She turned me down, which is no biggie, and I certainly did not take it in any immature way, but I haven't talked her since then (not an unusual thing, we were never talking daily), and I dearly hope that she does not think I was trying to pull off one of these antics on her...

Considering the fact that I am a student demonstrator, who also does a lot of "charitable" voluntary teaching of math subjects to pretty much anyone who needs it in the spec, this IS how I frequently get to know most new people, and this makes stuff so awkward.
mz

27.06.2016 at 00:53
Written by Overrwatcher on 26.06.2016 at 16:43

California is known as one of the liberal capitals of the US, since politically we have voted Democrat for the past 24 years while being the largest state in the US by a huge margin. Being liberal has been a bad thing on the internet for the past ~2 years due to it no longer favoring "brogressiveness" (progressive only for what benefits a young white man, due to them being the internet majority) and the movement now being thought of as going "too far" due to moving to trans rights. They don't acknowledge gender dysphoria as a legitimate biological disorder and all they associate with trans people are either Caitlyn Jenner or nonbinary stuff, both being looked at extremely unfavorably. Combine that with a confirmation bias that all liberals are extreme SJWs and you've got a neon glowing target for mostly-liberal California. Slayer/Raspy can't really target much about me or my views so they targeted where I live based on stereotype and political leanings.

California is pretty decent, but it greatly depends on where you live. If you aren't going upscale in California, don't bother. The rent and house costs are extremely high, even in shitty neighborhoods, and Homeowner's Association fees often bite you in the ass. A 4 bed 3 bath 2 story house in a poor backwater neighborhood for $600k is about right. The same house in a good part of California, like any university city (Irvine and La Jolla), would be roughly 1 million. Go literally only a state over and prices plummet. But we have great healthcare, extremely low crime rates in said upscale areas, a governor who isn't utterly retarded, a usually moderate climate (not right now 115F/46C temperatures fucking kill me), and cheerful and open minded (if a bit pretentious) people. I sure as hell prefer it over any other state I've been to, that's for sure. Anyway, back on topic...

yeah indeed it seems that California is leading US in terms of social reforms, and that's a great thing, given the wealth, population and the influence that the state have.
For the next five years at least I will be in Switzerland. I would had loved to go to US for PhD, but there is this visa issue...Anyway, I think if I want to settle in US at some point, SF will be the first choice,due to the following reasons:
1- I don't like rural areas as living place. Places with high density of people are prefered, very much like many of EU countries.
2- I need a lot of sun to feel alive. This is an extremely important factor for me . Also, I prefer to live in a place that is not so cold. Otherwise great states of New York and Massachusetts get negative points here.
3-I work/study on high tech stuff, and that means that I like areas with high concentration of high tech people and leading universities.
Considering all of the factors, to me it seems that CA and especially SF will be ideal place for me. Silicon Valley is heaven for what I do, but also I'm aware that CA in general and especially SF are very expensive places.
Anyways, back to the topic, yeah I don't have much to say about Feminism :'( not much of reading about that.
----
Overrwatcher

27.06.2016 at 16:09
Written by Uldreth on 26.06.2016 at 21:06

Written by Overrwatcher on 20.06.2016 at 12:25

Darn, this reminds me how I hate that this thing exists, since it makes so easy to be misunderstood when you actually have honest intentions. Funny thing is in the last semester I did some tutoring favours to a girl few years behind me in the same spec, with absolutely no secret motives whatsoever, but over time I did develop a crush on her, and when I learned she was single (she used to have a bf througout the time), I asked her out (about a week or so ago). She turned me down, which is no biggie, and I certainly did not take it in any immature way, but I haven't talked her since then (not an unusual thing, we were never talking daily), and I dearly hope that she does not think I was trying to pull off one of these antics on her...

Considering the fact that I am a student demonstrator, who also does a lot of "charitable" voluntary teaching of math subjects to pretty much anyone who needs it in the spec, this IS how I frequently get to know most new people, and this makes stuff so awkward.

Don't worry, it doesn't sound like you came off as a Nice Guy. You offered tutoring help to everyone (not just her, key difference), you later ask one of your students out, she turned you down, you took it well and moved on. Sounds like completely normal human interaction.
----

IronAngel

27.06.2016 at 16:58
If it makes you feel any better, I married my teacher!
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

30.06.2016 at 10:45
Written by IronAngel on 27.06.2016 at 16:58

If it makes you feel any better, I married my teacher!

I knew you didn't earn that A+ on your own.
----
Mum - 21/10/1955 - 19/6/2015. R.I.P.

"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
"Thinking quickly, Dave constructs a homemade megaphone using only some string, a squirrel and a megaphone."
Go the Sharks!

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]

Login or register to post here.