Metal Storm logo
Deathcore Vs. Nu Metal

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 03.02.2012 - 22:52
From "Poser Metal" to "Metal for kids", here is, maybe, the two most hated metal genres ever created: "Deathcore", a mix of Metalcore and Death Metal (acts such All Shall Perish and Suicide Silence), and "Nu Metal", Metal Music with rap influences (Korn and Slipknot). I choose Nu Metal. Although I am not a fan of the genre, I listened a lot when I was 12~13 to Korn and Disturbed discography. I still listen these two bands, mainly for nostalgic porpuses. For me, other acts are weak, or quite boring (Slipknot, Linkin Park and so on...), but i can't take deathcore. I tried to get into some years ago, but it's impossible for me... Annoying "self - titled hardcore metalhead fans", worthless vocals and breakdowns, emo hair and so on... Now, vote and comment for you favorite, or "the less boring", if you wish.

Poll

Choose your favorite:

Nu Metal
Deathcore

Total votes: 46
13.03.2012 - 00:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Uldreth on 13.03.2012 at 00:32
With the above in mind, I am simply incapable of comprehending why is it that someone would like brutal death metal but think so lowly of essentially the best of deathcore, since no matter how I look at it, the better deathcore bands seem like new and improved BDM bands to me.

Long story short, you think deathcore is "good" brutal death metal. I think deathcore is "weak" brutal death metal.

It's just a difference in opinion.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.03.2012 - 00:57
Uldreth
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.03.2012 at 00:39

Long story short, you think deathcore is "good" brutal death metal. I think deathcore is "weak" brutal death metal.

It's just a difference in opinion.

Not necessarily when looking at the whole genre as deathcore has a much higher variance in quality imo. I don't like the WTC style 'LOL WE CHUG THE LOWEST CHORD WHILE VOMIT MY STOMACH INTO THE MIC' category at all but when comparing actually good bands from both style then yeah I like deathcore better.

Ah well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
08.07.2014 - 15:39
Ganondox
While I'm not a big fan of either, I definitely prefer nu metal as there is a lot more creativity involved, a lot more variety in the sound. I also prefer the vocals in nu metal, though it's generally not very good in either genre.
09.07.2014 - 04:09
Totenlieder
Of the deathcore I have listened to I'm not a fan at all. With a few exceptions.
I do enjoy some nu metal bands so: nu metal > deathcore any day.
----
Blut & Krieg