Metal Storm logo
Not sure about where to write in your vote? Ask here!

Original post

Posted by Milena, 04.02.2012 - 14:46
Since write-ins in not-so-appropriate genres will get nuked, if you're not sure where to place your vote, ask here and a staff/elite member will reply (well, I hope ). Obviously, some albums are pretty ambiguous when it comes to genre, so they can go either way, but if a band was in the nomination circle, you'll get a reply based on where the band was considered to go if it passed. I hope this is clear.

Also. Let's say a band was already nominated in category A but you wrote it in category B. Those votes will get deleted. They won't get added up. Why? Because there is no way we can know who cast which vote, so that would give you the opportunity to cheat - vote for a band in the regular category and write it in the other 20. So if you see a band in a genre you don't think it belongs in, don't play genre experts and vote it in that category. We all have different opinions of genre differences and nothing is strictly defined, but the nominees were based on the consensus of the entire staff/elite team. We're not perfect, but we have agreed on some things so that's the way it should go for these Awards.

The questions so far:
Sylosis? Should be in thrash.
Pain Of Salvation? Should be in prog.
Cormorant? The best guess is prog.
Protest The Hero? Prog.
07.02.2012 - 18:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Milena on 07.02.2012 at 16:14

No, they're nominated already in melodeath. We had a discussion, but in the end, we decided that it has a lot less symphonic elements than the other symph nominees.

Ah ok, didn't think to check there for them. I saw that someone wrote them in the Death metal category and I thought they would belong in Symphonic because A) they sound very symphonic when I listened to them and B) on the cover of the album below the title it says "Symphonic Death Metal Opera". No worries though. I haven't gotten to the Melodeath cat yet, I've been working my way down and I'm in the Industrial cat right now comparing those noms before I make my vote and move onto the next cat (which just so happens to be the Melodeath cat ).
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

07.02.2012 - 18:55
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by psykometal on 07.02.2012 at 18:41

Ah ok, didn't think to check there for them. I saw that someone wrote them in the Death metal category and I thought they would belong in Symphonic because A) they sound very symphonic when I listened to them and B) on the cover of the album below the title it says "Symphonic Death Metal Opera". No worries though. I haven't gotten to the Melodeath cat yet, I've been working my way down and I'm in the Industrial cat right now comparing those noms before I make my vote and move onto the next cat (which just so happens to be the Melodeath cat ).

Melodeath is kinda tough because all releases are around the same level of quality (low 8 to high 8, a nine or two perhaps), though my vote went to Insomnium for emotional reasons
----
7.0 means the album is good
07.02.2012 - 19:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by psykometal on 07.02.2012 at 18:41

blabla

Crap, only now do I notice yor sig
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.02.2012 - 21:38
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.02.2012 at 19:13

----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

08.02.2012 - 01:01
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by psykometal on 07.02.2012 at 21:38

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.02.2012 at 19:13

I think we can use psyko as a walking commercial for voting ethics now. We should expand it further; I can set "check all categories before writing in" as mine, someone else can set "Time jokes are not funny anymore" etc
----
7.0 means the album is good