02. Only Red Mist Descends
03. Loss
04. Among The Sleepless
05. Golden Age Of Downfalls
06. Luctor Et Emergo
07. Stranded By Existence
08. Figureless Icons
09. Collateral Dreams

Being catchy, as well as ferocious and heavy alone were once enough to make an album great. Hell, it still is. There's something to be said about Karnak Seti, though. Great bunch of musicians, a good ear for solid, heavy riffing that just grabs you, but there's something indescribably boring about their music.

It's this uber-modern melodic death metal with traces of metalcore that there seems to be an abundance of these days. All of them seem to contain the same sort of characteristics; super catchy leads laid over top of some indistinct, chugging rhythm sections, mix with a few of those half-hardcore, half-death metal vocals, throw in a dash or two of some keyboards or an acoustic solo here and there, and you've got the general, yet accurate idea. In Harmonic Entropy fits the template to a T. There's nothing particularly wrong here, in fact, it sounds actually pretty solid at times, but the generic feel to the whole thing becomes apparent pretty quickly, making enduring the remainder of the album a dragging chore.

So this album isn't absolute crap. It is well written enough that someone, in fact, many people really into melodeath will probably find some great pleasure in listening to this. It hooks like early era Children Of Bodom riffs, with next to no keyboards and a halfway competent vocalist. Throw in touches of As I Lay Dying, Mercenary, maybe even a little Gojira and Divinity, smooth it out into a direct approach, drain a bunch of the creativity, and you've got Karnak Seti's In Harmonic Entropy.

Written on 04.02.2012 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 114 users
04.02.2012 - 16:08
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
You've been writing up a storm.

I still might check this out... Maybe.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.02.2012 - 06:25
maged918

Solid review
10.02.2012 - 02:50
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Just got it, I'd have to agree with you mostly, but it deserves more than a 6.9, more like a 7.5

Hits total: 3741 | This month: 9