Metal Storm logo
Your response when people insult your music taste

Original post

Posted by Zombie94, 06.02.2012 - 19:49
I often encounter people who either see me listening to metal, hear me talking about it, wearing a shirt etc. and have nothing better to say than something ignorant like "all that metal music sucks" or metal is shit etc., you can fill in the gaps.

Anyway I think this is one of the universal annoyances metalheads have to suffer at least every now and then. And I've noticed that everybody seems to have a different approach to responding. Some people get into music taste bitching battles, some call each other gay, some even claim that metal takes more talent to play than other genres. I'm at the stage where I just ignore it and let them get whatever dumb remarks they want to off their chest.

So what do you guys do when people say this to you?
10.02.2014 - 10:08
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Very rarely have I been insulted for my music taste (largely since i'm very introverted and not open to others about my personal interests, even to my family), If I do get picked on by others for that reason, I just want to ignore them and continue listening to what I enjoy regardless. No time to worry about other opinions when mine is the only one that matters in the context of personal music taste. If I'm in a conversation with someone in line at a concert, I'll just bring up bands that I think the recipient maybe a fan of and we can discuss more mutual interests from there.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
11.02.2014 - 15:50
Sinfonia

' K, bye'
----
When there is a voice recalling, when a whisper is resounding
When a feather's grazing you again, you start traveling with your mind.
12.02.2014 - 07:46
Reverend X

Mostly expletive.
13.02.2014 - 08:19
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 13.02.2014 at 00:57

I stopped hanging around real Metalheads in real life because they put me off the music I love so much.

you know there's "elitist too cool guys" in fake life too ya know