08. Gone Is Gone
09. Fight
10. Glass World
11. Aquarius
12. Perspective
13. Moonshine

Featured In "Getting Into: Devin Townsend: Part III: The 2010s"

Additional info
Released under the band Casualties Of Cool.

The Sångkraft Chamber Choir conducted by Leif Åkesson.
Engineered by oproduktion (Johannes Oscarsson and Jonathan Sandberg Forsgren).
Strings arranged and produced by Randy Slaugh.
Engineered by Randy Slaugh and Ken Dudley.
Mixed by Devin Townsend and Mattias Eklund at Toontrack Studios, Umeå, Sweden and Studio D, Vancouver, Canada.

All music written by Devin Townsend except:
"Pier" co-written by Morgan Ågren and Devin Townsend;
"The Bridge" co-written by Devin Townsend and Kat Epple;
"Pure" written by Kat Epple;
"Drench" co-written by Devin Townsend, Mike St-Jean and Dave Young;
"Mend" co-written by Devin Townsend and Jeff Schmidt.

All lyrics written by Devin Townsend except:
'Daddy'", "Flight", "Bones", and "The Field" written by Ché Aimee Dorval;
"Mountaintop", "The Code', "Hedja", "Forgive Me", "Ghost Wives", "Dig for Gold", and "Gone Is Gone" co-written by Devin Townsend and Ché Aimee Dorval.

Engineered by Devin Townsend, Mattias Eklund, Morgan Ågren, Ché Aimee Dorval, Kat Epple, Jørgen Munkeby, Randy Slaugh, Dave Young, Mike St-Jean and Johannes Oscarsson.
Recorded at Studio D, Toontrack Studios, Studio C, Annanstans Studio (Stockholm), The Kat House (Florida) and Grand Sport Studio, Echo Park, CA.
Recorded between October 2010 and February 2014.
Mastered by Troy Glessner at Spectre Studio.
Artwork by Travis Smith.

Found in 18 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 3

Comments: 63   Visited by: 1032 users
14.05.2014 - 23:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Darth Mitchell on 14.05.2014 at 23:23
Huh what?... XD This IS a Devin Townsend album. He wrote it and used some people he normally doesn't use .

It isn't though. Even on his official site he said it's a collaboration project separate from his solo work. The name of the project is also Casualties of Cool, meaning this album should technically be listed under that profile.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.05.2014 - 23:34
Rating: 9
Darth Mitchell
Mitchell
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.05.2014 at 23:27

Written by Darth Mitchell on 14.05.2014 at 23:23
Huh what?... XD This IS a Devin Townsend album. He wrote it and used some people he normally doesn't use .

It isn't though. Even on his official site he said it's a collaboration project separate from his solo work. The name of the project is also Casualties of Cool, meaning this album should technically be listed under that profile.

Isn't that the same story with Metallica's LuLu? That also is a collaboration with Lou Reed and is also featured in their discography
14.05.2014 - 23:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Darth Mitchell on 14.05.2014 at 23:34
Isn't that the same story with Metallica's LuLu? That also is a collaboration with Lou Reed and is also featured in their discography

I suppose it is. Personally I think it should be separate but that's not my call.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.05.2014 - 23:48
Rating: 8
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Also the same case as Imaginary Flying Machines' albums being among Blood Stain Child's discography
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.05.2014 - 10:02
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
How do you actually buy this? It's not on amazon or HeavyDevy records sites and I can't find how to buy it from the pledgemusic website.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
15.05.2014 - 16:57
Zap

I prefer it all on the same profile though, otherwise we'd have 4 profiles for Devin Townsend (Solo, Devin Townsend Band, Devin Townsend Project, Casualties Of Cool), which is all basically the same guy.
15.05.2014 - 19:17
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Written by Zap on 15.05.2014 at 16:57

I prefer it all on the same profile though, otherwise we'd have 4 profiles for Devin Townsend (Solo, Devin Townsend Band, Devin Townsend Project, Casualties Of Cool), which is all basically the same guy.

I wouldn't like a profile which included Ayreon, Ambeon, Star One, Guilt Machine and Arjen Lucassen solo work. Every project is a project, it doesn't matter who's in it. If the person decides the project will have a new name, a new concept, new contributors, it should be a different profile. You can always check the artist page and see which projects he's into.
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
15.05.2014 - 22:30
theFIST
Written by Zap on 15.05.2014 at 16:57

should we also add the strapping young lad albums to his page?
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
16.05.2014 - 03:29
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Should we also put A Forest of Stars and The Water Witch on the same profile?
What about Gnaw Their Tongues and De Magia Veterum?
The Crevices Below and Midnight Odyssey?
Oh, so many questions =D
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.05.2014 - 07:26
MetalDoomMaster
How exactly does this have a Progressive metal tag? This also probably should not be on the site since it is quite far from any metal, but I'm not sure how exactly it should be handled since it's not officially a Devin Townsend album, like Troy was saying above. Pretty decent stuff though.
16.05.2014 - 10:34
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Karlabos on 16.05.2014 at 03:29

Should we also put A Forest of Stars and The Water Witch on the same profile?
What about Gnaw Their Tongues and De Magia Veterum?
The Crevices Below and Midnight Odyssey?
Oh, so many questions =D

Isole and Erab Altor?
----
16.05.2014 - 10:42
Rating: 10
Panzerfrost
This is total amazing!!!! God! I wonder how this guy is able to make such beautiful and different music!! He is a magician!
16.05.2014 - 14:36
Darth Mitchell
Mitchell
Written by MetalDoomMaster on 16.05.2014 at 07:26

How exactly does this have a Progressive metal tag? This also probably should not be on the site since it is quite far from any metal, but I'm not sure how exactly it should be handled since it's not officially a Devin Townsend album, like Troy was saying above. Pretty decent stuff though.

Well the same reason "Ghost" and "DevLab" are on MS. And the band may not be the Devin Townsend Band/Project, but still, the music and lyrics are written by Devin
16.05.2014 - 15:14
Rating: 10
Panzerfrost
Devin Townsend does not need any tags. He creates just wonderful and majestic music) we should just enjoy it)
16.05.2014 - 17:46
Xylem
Written by M C Vice on 15.05.2014 at 10:02

How do you actually buy this? It's not on amazon or HeavyDevy records sites and I can't find how to buy it from the pledgemusic website.

I'm not sure you can buy it yet, now that the pledge has finished. Those who pledged have access to a download of the album, but I don't think they're releasing the physical copies until next month.
16.05.2014 - 21:51
R Lewis
I love it, it's so calm and thoughtful. Devin did it again.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
17.05.2014 - 17:19
Rating: 7
Doge of Venice

I'm pretty sure it goes on sale on Monday. I may be incorrect though.
18.05.2014 - 01:50
João Pirucas
Mr. Piruson
You can't buy it on PledgeMusic anymore because the campaign has ended.
18.05.2014 - 02:54
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Xylem on 16.05.2014 at 17:46

I'm not sure you can buy it yet, now that the pledge has finished. Those who pledged have access to a download of the album, but I don't think they're releasing the physical copies until next month.

Written by Doge of Venice on 17.05.2014 at 17:19

I'm pretty sure it goes on sale on Monday. I may be incorrect though.

Written by João Pirucas on 18.05.2014 at 01:50

You can't buy it on PledgeMusic anymore because the campaign has ended.

Thanks.
----
18.05.2014 - 12:40
Mariocalin
Good dev album
----
We are the priest of the temple of Synix
21.05.2014 - 13:59
DelightfulJim
I think "Bones" might just be my song of the year so far. Gorgeous little album.
21.05.2014 - 20:18
Rating: 7
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Good album, sounds like a mix of Ghost and Ki. Too bad it drags for too long.
21.05.2014 - 23:41
Just got my autographed copy today. 2 tracks in and I'm amazed. Spaced-out Canadian Ghostly Country music is such a fitting genre tag
23.05.2014 - 19:12
Rating: 5
Rulatore
Too repetitive and too long
28.05.2014 - 10:46
Crème fraiche
As much as I love devy, I can't really find anything memorable here ;(
01.06.2014 - 09:02
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Great album, but, as far as I know, Devin considers it to be a separate project and not another Devin Townsend record. I love the blues/country vibe here.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
10.06.2014 - 16:20
Ruinous
Interested to know if anyone considers this metal
03.07.2014 - 10:18
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
This could be my pick of the 2014 albums. And Epicloud was my favourite from 2012. High expectations for Z2?

Written by Ruinous on 10.06.2014 at 16:20

Doubtful.
----
10.07.2014 - 16:36
musicalkaratekid
A very soothing, very relaxing album, as well as I expected it to be. I can't really pick out any obvious flaws here, because I don't think there are any, although the shorter "interludes" as I like to call them don't really do much in terms of consistency. What I loved the most here is how Devin and Aimée's vocal collaboration works wonderfully well, and for me personally, is one of the more interesting aspects of the album. My personal favourite tracks would be "Flight" and "The Bridge".
11.07.2014 - 10:51
Ganondox
Written by Ruinous on 10.06.2014 at 16:20

From what I've heard from the album, it's about as metal as Yanni, so I guess if you are insane you could call it metal.

Hits total: 33345 | This month: 44