Metal Storm logo
Blaze (Bayley)

23.10.2006 - 18:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well here you can discuss Blaze Bayley. I mainly created this thread to discuss his current band "Blaze" but of course you can also come with your opinions about his work in Iron Maiden and Wolsbane.

Blaze is a very good band, I especially like Silicon Messiah and of course the amazing live album. A great Heavy metal band with a lot of beautiful melodies.
Bayley's work in Iron Maiden is simply amazing! Dark albums with awesome songs! IMO he was just as good as Bruce Dickinson.
Haven't heard so much Wolfsbane so I won't say anything about it.
----
24.10.2006 - 13:00
DeadElven
Yeah Blaze Bayley is one of my favourites First I heard Bayley singing in Iron Maiden, then I got Blaze albums. So what can I say, this band is fantastic! All songs got something worth listening to. Back to the years in Iron Maiden, Bayley brought something different to "I.M." and IMO it is a good thing, like Dickinson changed Paul Di'Anno in the same way Blaze changed Dickinson. Great years of IM with Bayley.

I have nothing to say about Wolfsbane too, cause never heard their records.
----
~// Flies round shit, bees around honey \~
Up The Irons!
24.10.2006 - 13:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
Blaze Bayley is IMO the most underestimated singer. I think his voice is very powerful and catchy.
----
24.10.2006 - 13:48
DeadElven
Written by Warman on 24.10.2006 at 13:04

Blaze Bayley is IMO the most underestimated singer. I think his voice is very powerful and catchy.

A lot of Iron Maiden fans and other people compered him with Dickinson, but never saw Bayley's true skills and abilities. That's why IMO Bayley is so underestimated.
Same to me too, I like his voice
----
~// Flies round shit, bees around honey \~
Up The Irons!
24.10.2006 - 14:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like him:
Iron Maiden - He brings soemthing new in IM music and he or Buce are resion why Iron maidne in 2000+ sounds so wierd and sounds like IM after 2000+ but hes work whit IM was good and intresting and I like it

Blaze - lyricaly its wierd, i dont like so much lrics about astrologie and sci-fi, but music are good I had 2 albums and I like them when I drinking
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.11.2006 - 08:08
Gothya
i also like him, i like how the virtual XI sounds with him he just fits into the album, he's such a good singer and i like the way he sings coz it's kinda like catchy; in my opinion, he made a great job in IM; although i think he is underrated sometimes, i guess he has the musical ability and he's own style wich is very important, i know many people that dont like blaze era in IM and they compare him with bruce but it's totally different style and both are good; i enjoy listening this album specially and the current stuff he has is also interesting
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
25.12.2006 - 22:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gothya on 25.11.2006 at 08:08

i also like him, i like how the virtual XI sounds with him he just fits into the album, he's such a good singer and i like the way he sings coz it's kinda like catchy; in my opinion, he made a great job in IM; although i think he is underrated sometimes, i guess he has the musical ability and he's own style wich is very important, i know many people that dont like blaze era in IM and they compare him with bruce but it's totally different style and both are good; i enjoy listening this album specially and the current stuff he has is also interesting

Jajjaaj tread are about his solo carisr whit band name Blaze

About IM I had tell 1000 times what I think about him in Maiden, but I forgot say about Wolfsbane, IMO Wolfsbane its not so good , how vocals isnt so goo there, it sounds childish IMO real Blaze was in IM and Blaze
----

apos;'
[image]
26.12.2006 - 16:16
Anathemani@c
Written by Gothya on 25.11.2006 at 08:08

To tell the truth I never really liked Bayley. I must admitt thet I have compared him with Bruce Dickinson and that's what makes me think he is awful.. Although he might be a very good singer. Anyway, I cannot find him so "underrated" as you said. I think he wasn't the one to fit in BD's shoes better...However, I haven't listened to his personal stuff yet, but I 've heard that he's playing nice heavy music...:noidea:
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
26.12.2006 - 18:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
No one can sing with such a deep and quiet voice as Blaze Bayley
----
26.12.2006 - 20:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 26.12.2006 at 18:28

hahahah your disciption it realy remaind me sound of Iron Maiden
Sigh Of The Cross and Future Real, Future Real are fast song

I had hera in live albums Bruce sing Blaze songs, but does Blaze has sing somewhere Bruce songs
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2006 - 12:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 26.12.2006 at 20:55

I had hera in live albums Bruce sing Blaze songs, but does Blaze has sing somewhere Bruce songs

There is no album featuring Blaze singing a Dickinson song, but on some singles you can find Blaze singing Bruce's songs. And you can find some live videos with Blaze on youtube singing songs like The Trooper.
----
27.12.2006 - 12:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 27.12.2006 at 12:20

There is no album featuring Blaze singing a Dickinson song, but on some singles you can find Blaze singing Bruce's songs. And you can find some live videos with Blaze on youtube singing songs like The Trooper.

Trooper send me a link, my fav song of IM, since I hear it
I wanna hear more Balze live songs like Mother Russia and other IM songs
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2006 - 12:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 27.12.2006 at 12:27

Trooper send me a link, my fav song of IM, since I hear it
I wanna hear more Balze live songs like Mother Russia and other IM songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENY-TRnqW70
There you go, and that one is really funny because they get mad at a person in the audience
----
27.12.2006 - 20:31
Gothya
@ Anathemani@c: as i said, bruce and blaze are totally different styles, personally i like both, blaze has something on his sing that makes the songs catchy, i know he aint now the best singing than bruce but he's pretty good singer and talent, i guess he was perfect for IM when bruce left the band, maybe not to fill bruce's shoes, but still good, he gave a different air to them, plus he's performance in IM was awesome; and I said he's underrated because when you speak of bruce and blaze, everybody prefers always bruce, and i do too, but that doesn't mean blaze is a bad singer, i enjoy listening to him; he made a great job in iron maiden

@k7: buddy, what can i say? i took the blaze's era in IM option , besides i havent heard any stuff from blaze in Wolfsbane so i have no opinion on that until i listening to it
----
27.12.2006 - 21:51
Mandrake Scream

There's also the video of "Afraid to shoot strangers". It is not exactly a live video...That is a Bruce era song, 1992 for Fear of the dark. But the video was released way after the album...on the Blaze era, and it has Blaze singing a Bruce song And i'm not really quite sure but can bet that song comes on some of the Blaze era singles as Warman said already .
27.12.2006 - 21:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gothya on 27.12.2006 at 20:31

@k7: buddy, what can i say? i took the blaze's era in IM option , besides i havent heard any stuff from blaze in Wolfsbane so i have no opinion on that until i listening to it

Wolfsbane wel there are one song what VH1 sometime splay in Rock Show, it calls ''I like it hot'' or something, but its hard to get thos estuffs and thay hawe no My Space Page, but about Blaze, I had 2 albums and thay are good
Try here http://www.myspace.com/blazebayley and here
http://www.planetblaze.com/
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2006 - 22:27
Gothya
@k7 thanks a lot for the links, i'll try them and see what can i find, hope anything about that band (wolfsbane) just to check how good that job is
----
27.12.2006 - 22:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gothya on 27.12.2006 at 22:27

@k7 thanks a lot for the links, i'll try them and see what can i find, hope anything about that band (wolfsbane) just to check how good that job is

Those links was about Blaze solo band
Wolfbaine was in 80ties, and early 90ties then Blaze youn to IM and he made Balze after he quit IM
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2006 - 22:44
Mandrake Scream
I saw the Blaze angry video. LOL. He was really pissed off, I wonder what that guy made...and not even Blaze, Steve Harris was also furious...

Anyway...I really cann't find the greatness in him, I think that live video shows it all....his vocal totally sucks, and its not that "IMO" thing....he really sucks. This video totally shows the difference between a studio artist and a real artist.

Awful performance of The Trooper
27.12.2006 - 22:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Mandrake Scream on 27.12.2006 at 22:44

Awful performance of The Trooper

I agree, but the songs written for him fits him perfectly IMO. I'll say it again, Blaze is underestimated and he is awesome live, I love the album As Live As it Gets
----
28.12.2006 - 11:39
Anathemani@c
Guys in the best of the beast IM alboum the live "Afraid to shoot strangers" is from Blaze Bayley and I can say that I like it more than Bruce. It sounds really cool and Blaze gives the song another deeper dimension.
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
27.01.2007 - 14:33
Bankler
Account deleted
I don´t know why people hated Blaze Bayley when he was the singer of Iron Maiden. He got a strong voice.
27.01.2007 - 15:30
SteTech
The X Factor is one hell of an underrated album. Virtual XI, not so good. It has some good songs, but it's not Maiden's best work. I used to be a big fan of Blaze, the band. but I've grown off them.

I have a couple of Maiden bootlegs from the Blaze era. Blaze just can't sing Bruce's songs at all. Songs like Afraid To Shoot Strangers and The Evil That Men Do he does well on, but for others like Number of the Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name and Fear of the Dark, he just couldn't hit those high notes
31.01.2007 - 13:46
Jay
Perkele
Written by Mandrake Scream on 27.12.2006 at 21:51

There's also the video of "Afraid to shoot strangers". It is not exactly a live video...That is a Bruce era song, 1992 for Fear of the dark. But the video was released way after the album...on the Blaze era, and it has Blaze singing a Bruce song And i'm not really quite sure but can bet that song comes on some of the Blaze era singles as Warman said already .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8MjQrh0KGg ...thats one version of Blaze singing afraid to shoot strangers. The vid & sound compression suck though...

edit: this one has way better guality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S2Drv9LsiI
----
This one goes to 11
02.08.2007 - 15:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
So... anyone who'll get the new DVD and album soon? I think the live DVD sounds interesting.
----
21.09.2007 - 11:26
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A video interview with Blaze Bayley conducted by "Angel of Metal" at the Rock Of Ages Fest 2007 (at The Palace in Tamworth, England) can be viewed at this location.
21.09.2007 - 11:32
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, I like him too, he have great voice, really awesome, and he is good man to
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
25.11.2007 - 22:28
Sticksrock
Account deleted
I think Blaze is criminally underrated. I'll admit he doesn't sound great on some of the Bruce era songs but that's only because Bruce has such an extraordinary voice very few singers can sing his songs well. I love all of Blaze's albums and i cant wait for the new one to come out
28.07.2008 - 06:43
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by Guest on 25.11.2007 at 22:28

I think Blaze is criminally underrated. I'll admit he doesn't sound great on some of the Bruce era songs but that's only because Bruce has such an extraordinary voice very few singers can sing his songs well. I love all of Blaze's albums and i cant wait for the new one to come out

Totally agree. The voice of Blaze is fantastic and darker, even when it didn't fit in some songs, the most of the tracks of the 2 albums he did in maiden sounds great. Oh and his solo career has many good songs too.

I die for listen the new album!!!!
19.10.2008 - 20:33
Jay
Perkele
I just heard that Blaze Bayleys' wife and manager Debbie Bayley passed away recently... R.I.P. Debbie Humble condolences for Blaze...
----
This one goes to 11