Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Hosting Orion Music + More Festival In June

US metallers Metallica will be headlining their own two-day festival at Bader Field, Atlantic City, NJ, on June 23rd and 24th. This special event will contain multiple music stages for at least 22 bands and other activities. Metallica will play the Black Album in its entirety in one night and Ride The Lightning on the other, for the first time ever. Tickets go on sale this Saturday (February 11th). For more details, visit http://www.orionmusicandmore.com.

Announcement from the band: "We are beyond excited to announce the introduction of the Orion Music + More Festival, a brand new festival that we, your friends in Metallica, will be the headliners, curators, and instigators of. After many years of playing at legendary festivals around the world including Reading, Roskilde, Werchter, Rock Im Ring, Rock In Rio, Lollapalooza and countless others, we're hoping to spread the good times and diverse musical feel here in the States and bring the amazing good vibes and spirit of our 30th anniversary celebration at the Fillmore Theatre in December to a larger, outdoor setting. We've got two nights of live 'Tallica mixed with all kinds of cool bands, activities and stuff to see wrapped into one incredible weekend planned for you. And for the only time in America this year, we're planning to continue the Black Album anniversary celebration by playing it in its entirety on one night and something we've never done before... drum roll please... all of Ride The Lightning on the other!"

Bands announced so far: Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, The Sword, Lucero, Liturgy, Roky Erickson, The Black Angels, Gary Clark, Jr., A Place To Bury Strangers, Hot Snakes, Modest Mouse, Arctic Monkeys, The Gaslight Anthem, Cage The Elephant, Best Coast, Fucked Up and Titus Andronicus.

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Event: Orion Music + More Festival
Posted: 08.02.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 170 users
08.02.2012 - 14:55
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
What a god awful lineup.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.02.2012 - 15:04
Likked

Written by Boxcar Willy on 08.02.2012 at 14:55

What a god awful lineup.

+1
08.02.2012 - 15:11
Edmund Fogg

Do I really want to suffer these bands just to listen to Ride the Lightning live. Nah, I'll stick to my local tribute band Alcoolica for that thanks.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
08.02.2012 - 15:44
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
"Are they going insane??/"

That's what i thought when i saw this shit!!
08.02.2012 - 16:37
Veil of Maya

Quote:

Best Coast, Fucked Up and Titus Andronicus.

That second band summs up our thoughts I think.
08.02.2012 - 16:44
Promonex
Cathemeral
Cliff would surely be happy about getting associated with this kind of lineup.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
08.02.2012 - 16:48
Lit.
Account deleted
Cage The Elephant and The Sword are really the only good bands there.
08.02.2012 - 16:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Bpring bands and if you are avti acta and sopa dont attend, boicot, 0 tickets shood be sold
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.02.2012 - 17:09
Andr3sfc

Never doubt about [Metal?]lica's ability to embarass themselves more.
"Lulu" wasn't enough. They're always reaching for lower levels.
08.02.2012 - 19:35
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Likked on 08.02.2012 at 15:04

Written by Boxcar Willy on 08.02.2012 at 14:55

What a god awful lineup.

+1

I like Modest Mouse and Avenged Sevenfold has a few good songs, everyone else on this lineup is shit though
08.02.2012 - 20:01
PocketMetal

I like Arctic Monkeys but the rest is unbearable !
08.02.2012 - 20:27
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
08.02.2012 - 22:21
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
I wonder whose definition of 'cool' they used when describing the bands in this line-up? Metallica sure seem active (and not in a positive way) in recent months: Lulu, Beyond Magnetic, 3D film announced, this... not like they're short of cash or anything...
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
08.02.2012 - 23:15
BudDa

Written by Guest on 08.02.2012 at 16:48

Never heard stuff from Cage The Elephant, but I would pay to see The Sword. Love them!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
09.02.2012 - 00:02
Olli

Awful lineup.. they're playing the black album in full at Download too which I'm less than pleased about. I'd much rather have ride the lightning live, or just a normal setlist of their career.. oh well.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
09.02.2012 - 00:28
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by BudDa on 08.02.2012 at 23:15

Written by Guest on 08.02.2012 at 16:48

Never heard stuff from Cage The Elephant, but I would pay to see The Sword. Love them!

They're actually better than they look. Good original stuff. Listen to Ain't No Rest For the Wicked and Back Against The Wall for example.
09.02.2012 - 02:51
Darkside Momo
Retired
Quote:
your friends in Metallica

With friends like these, no one needs enemies indeed
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
09.02.2012 - 04:15
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Damn it, play the entire Justice album live
09.02.2012 - 04:29
Arcticus

Written by Unhealer on 09.02.2012 at 04:15

Damn it, play the entire Justice album live

Lars could never do it - he needed help recording it in the studio, how can he be expected to play it 24 years later in a live setting? Still, one can dream...
09.02.2012 - 04:38
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Arcticus on 09.02.2012 at 04:29

Lars could never do it - he needed help recording it in the studio, how can he be expected to play it 24 years later in a live setting? Still, one can dream...

Yeah, Lars has run out of fuel, but he can pull off an "average" version of the songs.
They do play all the songs from the album on their rotative setlists (except for "Frayed Ends" and "To Live is to Die", but the later was played on their anniversary so...) so why couldn't he do it in a row?
09.02.2012 - 04:49
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Unhealer on 09.02.2012 at 04:38
Yeah, Lars has run out of fuel, but he can pull off an "average" version of the songs.
They do play all the songs from the album on their rotative setlists (except for "Frayed Ends" and "To Live is to Die", but the later was played on their anniversary so...) so why couldn't he do it in a row?
That would be too much... and, quite possibly, too boring. That's just why for basically all of the '90s they only played One and Sorrow
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
09.02.2012 - 06:46
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It should be " Metallica-Hosting Onion Music + More Crappy Festival in June."
09.02.2012 - 07:00
Andr3sfc

Written by Unhealer on 09.02.2012 at 04:38

Lars would dismantle.
09.02.2012 - 09:04
moe5512

It would be awesome to see them play all songs from ride the lightning . Kinda crappy bands but Arctic monkeys and Gaslight Anthem are awesome!
09.02.2012 - 10:45
afu

I don't like most of those bands, but I like that it's a mix.

Hits total: 3185 | This month: 6